anointedtowait

Dating for Virgins

7 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I'm a 30 yr. old virgin from NJ and I was completely unaware communities like this existed.  It is great! I am a born-again believer and plan to wait until marriage.  I have only had one serious relationship which ended years ago.  Also, I kissed dating goodbye for a couple of years now but would like to start dating again for the purpose of LTR that leads to marriage obviously.  

A question I have for the dating virgins on here--do you let the person you're dating know right away that you are a virgin or do you wait until the right time to divulge that information?  

4 people like this

Welcome to the forum!

As per your question - there are some other threads you could search for that go into timing issues. As for me, I would simply let them know early on I am waiting and only looking for someone who is also waiting. Strictly speaking that does not presuppose anything regarding virginity. Depending on their interest or knowledge further issues such as virginity and its definition can be explored. They might not be comfortable with it so its up to them  :)

Hi and welcome anointedtowait!  Great to have you here :)

As a believer, I think it is pretty straightforward sharing with the person you are dating that you are a virgin, because hopefully the person you are dating is also saved.  For a Christian, it is a given (or rather, it should be a given) that he/she is waiting till marriage to have sex (even if they have had sex before coming to the Lord).  So I think that mentioning virginity would naturally follow a conversation about your views on obeying the Lord in abstaining from sex before marriage.

3 people like this

Welcome among us beautiful anointedtowait ! :D

It's really good to have you in this forum !

I second the answer of Sabrina. ^_^

1 person likes this

Welcome between us !! waiting is a very wise choice and i congratulate you for your decision , and dont worry about the timing to tell the other half about it , as soon as you both are open and feel like you been made for each other anytime gonna be the right time to talk about it and am sure if your feelings was right the understanding,respect and appreciation gonna be your award ;)

1 person likes this