Davidino

Hello! So happy to find this community!

10 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm David, and I am a 4th year business student at the University of Toronto. I stumbled upon this website after googling "atheist abstinence" and saw Leo's article on why atheists can choose to wait until marriage (http://waitingtillmarriage.org/7-reasons-atheists-wait-until-marriage/). I felt SO RELIEVED!

I am agnostic, and have chosen to wait until marriage. This choice was the product of constant thinking based on logic and reasoning, and my views on society, culture, relationships, sex and marriage. I spent so much time thinking about this it's not even funny. I tried to seek articles and forums online to find likeminded people, but almost everything I had found in the past was based on religion. Until now.

It seems like in this community, we chose abstinence for all sorts of reasons, but we are here for each other. I am excited. It is not easy to resist sexual temptation and it's even harder when almost everyone around us do not agree with us.

The battle to resist sexual temptation is difficult, but I will continue to fight. Thank you guys for being here. I look forward to being a part of this community!

2 people like this

Welcome, Davidino!

I too am new here and am relieved to find a community such as this. It's good to know we're not alone in our WTM decision that's at complete odds with this society.

Thanks Crea8iveGirl! Yeah it is always going to be difficult fighting against societal pressure and stay firm in what we believe in. But the result is rewarding. (:

Welcome to the site. We do have people from many religious backgrounds, and many atheists as well. You'll love it!  :D