Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHZ

Tried going to chruch tonight...

6 posts in this topic

Tried going to church tonight, but of course the girls were all huddled into there little groups. So I couldn't talk to any of them. After a short little sermon, we had to go into small groups where we know everyone in the group very well. Of course, since I didn't really know anyone even after going to that church for a couple years. I got stuck in a random group with a couple of guys. So basically I came out of church more lonely and depressed then when I came in.

Sooooo..... you went specifically looking for women?

If you're going to go to church, go to get the teachings Jesus put forth for us to get. When you are wholeheartedly focused on God instead of looking for a spouse miracles happen. God knows you're lonely and need/want a spouse but how do you expect for him to show you if you're only going to church to talk to women? It doesn't work that way. Forgive me if I'm sounding mean I just feel like being blunt today.

8 people like this

Yeah, I agree with Jasmine. You go to church to worship Jesus, not to look for women. If you're coming out of church "more lonely and depressed" because you didn't talk to any women there, then you're doing it wrong. Don't go to church expecting that you're going to meet women there, and then get disappointed when you don't get to talk to them. They're probably not there to look for guys. Go to church to pray and talk to Jesus.

If you saw any women there that you liked, then why not introduce yourself after the service is over? I don't know, just go up and ask them what they thought of the sermon, or something, and maybe start a conversation. That's how you'll get to know people over time. Maybe look and see if your church hosts any social events, too. But keep church services to focus just on Jesus.

I mean, I used to do what you did a few years ago when I was worried I'd never find someone. Sitting in Mass, looking up and seeing a guy, "oh, is he single? Is he looking over here at me? Is that his girlfriend next to him or just his sister?" That's how you make yourself feel lonely.

xxx

3 people like this

Tried going to church tonight, but of course the girls were all huddled into there little groups. So I couldn't talk to any of them. After a short little sermon, we had to go into small groups where we know everyone in the group very well. Of course, since I didn't really know anyone even after going to that church for a couple years. I got stuck in a random group with a couple of guys. So basically I came out of church more lonely and depressed then when I came in.

Where I come from your type of attitude is called being 'desperate' which is a another way of saying your very very needy. Look, if you keep exhibiting such behaviors your not going to get a girl or any friend in general because being desperate is a huge red flag because its very draining and time consuming when you constantly are trying to get too much attention from people. Many of us have our own lives and if you keep interfering with that you are not going to get the results you want.

And please don't deny it because I've experienced people like you before.

1 person likes this

I actually use more online sources for my growth as a Christian. So going to church is more about being around people for me. Besides, God is always there. I don't need to goto church to talk to him.

Hi DHZ! Be careful not attending Church for the wrong reason, 'cause you will deceive your ownself.

However, if in addition to seeking a closer Relationship with God you want to make new friends at Church, go ahead and try to let go the 1st words. It usually works.

God bless u