Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlotteishappy

Adriana Lima's divorce and the waiting

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

As a teacher I am in vacation and little bit bored so browsing on the internet.

I didn't know that Adriana got divorced and because her husband was cheating.

http://inserbia.info/today/2014/04/adriana-lima-is-leaving-marko-jaric-because-he-cheated-on-her/

I saw others comments like ''He married her because he wanted to have sex with her so badly and that's why he thought he is in love with her and after it he found out he is not'' and ''She was like only missionary,just to conceive as we see 5 years - 2 children and a normal man can't hadle it''.

What you think about it?

Not sure if that story is true, but in my opinion, men (and women) don't cheat just because of not getting sex enough.

I know a man who just recently destroyed his marriage. He demanded sex every day from his wife (who was a wtm-er) and I know she did her best to satisfy him, because that was her desire. Turns out he had been cheating on her (repeatedly and in terrible ways) since her first pregnancy. He is attempting to change his life, and has started psycho therapy, because he realizes that he is the one with the problem, though he had been blaming her for years. From the outside, this guy looked completely respectable, and I can't even describe the disillusionment this has caused among family and friends.

Though I realize that some spouses do sex-starve their partners, or affection-starve them, that isn't always the reason why cheaters cheat. But they will almost always try to blame the other person for their wrong actions.

It is very sad to know that we live in a world where people will excuse someone seemingly lacking in either morals, self control, or respect for the one they promised to be faithful to for the rest of their life. Also, the idea that he couldn't tell if he was really in love with her or not because he couldn't put his penis inside her to check to make sure is just...come on. He had many months to figure it out, there is no way his brain would not have interjected at least once to say "hey, are you sure you love her? She's a terrible person, you don't really get along, you views on sex are too diverse, etc etc". My point being, he made his choice.

As for the missionary position thing, I wonder whether that person knew that firsthand, it was hearsay, or it was just an assumption based on common stereotypes of people who wtm.

4 people like this

I agree with you and I don't understand at all that..I am a succesful waiter with my husband...

Just one thing in the articles seems like something to think of..."he idea that he couldn't tell if he was really in love with her or not because he couldn't put his penis inside her to check".

We had two years of relationship before getting married and we were together very very often..I know that they are stars but...of what we see,we can find that:

They married very quickly - 9 monts and also I assume that both of them were busy at the time to pass more time together and so on.Also she is a super model...probably it was like waiting for christmas to find your present under the tree ...So not enough time together + too big temptation with conditions and probably they had some pretty big things in common but I for example discovoured my husband fully after the marriage and when we started to live together..

Just some questions here,yes...but still...

True, I think after you marry someone and begin to live with them, you definitely discover who they really are more fully. But I think that is a life long process.

I also think that people generally have the idea that supermodels are some kind of super-breed of woman, better than all the rest in sex appeal and that the men who fall in love with them and get married are more tempted to have sex with them than they ever could be with a woman who is more "average". I have to disagree with that. Men like women, period. They all have their types and preferences, and I don't think the temptation to have sex would be more for a man dating a supermodel, than me and my boyfriend. I'm sure that both situations are equally like torture

Congrats on being a successful waiter! I hope that what you read has not put doubts on your relationship or taken away any of your joy in waiting! The truth is, we don't know what happened with Adriana Lima's marriage. Couples separate, and spouses cheat for all sorts of reasons. And it happens when couples have sex before they are married too!

Yes,I agree with you.

Actually my biggest concern always was and will be - marrying too soon and not living together.But with wtm living together is a very big deal and not possible in the most of the cases.I had the chance to marry young so I had the possibility to have the time to wait.When your clock is ticking ,you don't have this choice.. :(

Thank you!We have our problems but still trying to resolve them.

1 person likes this

Sex isn't the reason why people divorce. Cheating should never be justified. I think she married too soon, and sorry but her ex isn't that cute. She probably married to get married. I think she was engaged before.

Great post and some very valid points mentioned above.

Another thing I'd like to point out, regarding Adriana and her divorce, is that she didn't appear to marry someone of comporable values. (When I say values, I mean "Faith" as well as wtm). That's a recipe for disaster.

Adriana appears to take her faith seriously (from the little I've researches about her). When I researched her ex-husband a while back, I couldn't find anything suggesting he shared comparable values. IMHO, wtm can be worth it if you marry someone with similar, if not the same, values. There's a good chance her divorce had nothing to do with sex.

Great point on the comparable values things.  It's really important, especially when you have an ideological belief system that guides you.