Sophie

Would you marry/date someone who is bisexual?

13 posts in this topic

I'm aware that some people on this forum may not view bisexuality as a legitimate sexuality, so in that case: would you marry/date someone who has been involved with both genders?

I, personally, wouldn't even date a guy who is bisexual. I have nothing against bisexuality but I would be way, way too paranoid all the time (imagine a boyfriend who could cheat on you with girls and guys!) I just don't want to date/marry a guy who has had sex with other guys and is physically attracted to them because I would be very worried that I am not enough for him sexually, and my confidence would be shattered forever if he broke up with me for a guy. I just wouldn't feel comfortable at all. I mean, I don't want a boyfriend/husband who has slept with more guys than I have. >.<

I know people who have gone both ways. I know people who have married people that have gone both ways. A lot of those marriages have not ended well. I'm not saying that there aren't some successful ones out there. I'm just saying that it looks a lot more complicated. I've known several couples. About 3/5, if not more of them have gone very badly.

For me, it's not an opportunity that I would leap at. I'd rather not. It's nothing personal, but I've just seen too many of those types of situations crash & burn, & I'm not looking to be another victim in the wreckage.

oh no, Sophie, I'm sorry but no. like you said it's bad enough being left for another girl but a GUY??? & he might be checking out other dudes and girls??? I don't think so...and besides it came out on the news I forgot which woman it was (If I find the link I'll come back and post it) but she didn't know her husband was a homosexual before she got married and she contracted aids and gave birth to two children and then she found out where she got it from and she's close to dying now, it was crazy. I'm not sure if it spread onto her babies though, that would be sad too though...

great question, when Im dating this actually comes up in my first dates, I ask the guy if he smokes, his political affiliation and if hes bisexual. If he answers yes to questions 1 and 3...check please :D

great question, when Im dating this actually comes up in my first dates, I ask the guy if he smokes, his political affiliation and if hes bisexual. If he answers yes to questions 1 and 3...check please :D

I don't care about political affiliation but I absolutely would NOT date a smoker. And obviously not someone who is racist, homophobic, alcoholic, etc. Or any guy who is bisexual (which I stated above.)

I guess this is a bit of a condition for me, after all.

This is a case where my insecurities would really consume me and it wouldn't be fair to the guy because I know I could never fully trust him from the get-go. I chose to get over myself most of the time, but this is a case where I know I couldn't- it's undeniable. The thought of being with somebody who swings both ways just...scares me.

I don't care about political affiliation but I absolutely would NOT date a smoker. And obviously not someone who is racist, homophobic, alcoholic, etc. Or any guy who is bisexual (which I stated above.)

Same deal here. I did, one time, date a smoker and it's one of the reasons why I'm kinda glad it didn't work out. For one, it is disgusting, and also I don't want to fall for somebody who doesn't take care of themselves and could induce a terminal illness that'll cut their lives so much shorter than it needs to be.

Perhaps I am overly romantic and idealist to the core but I believe anyone willing to wait and aspires to a beautiful marriage that I do would also be committed. Regardless of their orientation. Media pushes everyone but we can and do have the option to define our own limits in terms of our boundaries. Assuming that someone can not be trusted doesn't work in any relationship so I respect those who know themselves well enough to admit their hesitate to date bisexuals.

1 person likes this

Would I date a bisexual?

I have no problems with homosexuals and bisexuals as my friends.  In terms of who I am personally attracted to, that is the straight male. I want to feel like my feminine prowess rocks his world. 

1 person likes this

I don't know, maybe. It would feel a little weird if I dated a guy that was more into guys than I am. :P 

A guy being bisexual wouldn't be an immediate dealbreaker, especially since I might be one (I  don't really know though. And since I'm not super interested in relationships, it doesn't really matter if I'm into men, women, both, or neither). 

If I dated one, I would only date a virgin bisexual guy or one that has only had sexual contact with women.