Guest markb4

Have you ever been hit on by a homosexual/lesbian?

46 posts in this topic

Hey all,

This question is for the straight people, which I think is most of us. Have you ever been hit on/flirted with by someone of the same sex? If so, what did you do about it? And if not, what would you do if someone did that?

Im not sure if this counts but this lady said she really liked the shirt i was wearing and i said thanks. I guess i gave her and her friend a weird look though bc her friend was like not in a lesbian way. And you are so skinny, i wish i was lije tgat again. I said thanks and said that my mom telks me the sane thing, then she was like emohasizing not being lesbian that her friend is taken lok it was pretty awkward. Maybe bc i was there with just my bff? Idk

Actually I have always been popular with lesbians, in all seriousness. I have been hit on as young as age 11 (girls my age showed interest in me,) and even a few months ago I was hit on by a lesbian. No, I do not think for one second that lesbians just go around hitting on straight girls - I just seem to be popular with them. But I do have a lesbian friend who has never hit on me ever before; she totally just thinks of me as a friend. I am even popular with straight girls. I am very used to straight girls getting platonic crushes on me. Does that make sense?

I am straight, and I'm not into the whole experimental thing. But it doesn't really bother me when a girl expresses interest in me. I mean, I am so used to it now. I could have had a really successful romance life as a lesbian, now that I think about it. I just make it clear that I am straight, and they immediately back away. No harm done.

Edit: I just want to say that I think the reason why I have always had an affinity for girls is because I am a 50/50 combination of masculine/feminine. A lot of my girl friends tell me they always feel safe around me, and they like that I am never shallow and that I am good at all sports but that I am not a tomboy. I've never had a problem befriending girls.

No never have been...not really sure how I would handle it. Probably not very well if I had to venture a guess :lol:

Yeah, I got hit on by this totally creeper-homo. I mean, even if I was gay I wouldn't go for him, LOL. We were supposed to be discussing programming projects for my C++ class and he kinda just slipped in the "I've been checking out your body and YOU'VE GOT OPTIONS" comment. I was like 'WTH?!" I'm straight and I don't know where he got the idea that I would ever swing that way, LOL. Incidently, I was going through a real tough time (end of Ramadan and still dealing with a lot of emotional baggage from that last girl). Just really sucked that I could, without wanting it, get that sort of attention from a gay dude, but not from a girl I actually liked. He tried to play it off as a joke (I knew better) and that was the end of my ever working with him on any projects, lol. Anywho...

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

yeah, ive been hit on by lesbians before and one guy even thought I was gay and kept trying to get me to come out of the closet. I worked at a gay bar so it would happen and one day one of the guys I worked with at another job saw me there and at work he was all about getting me to own who I really was :lol: I was like DUDE I just get a paycheck! when I got hit on, I would just brush it off, after a good conversation or two with the interested lady they always knew it was a waste of time to pursue me in a romantic way :D

yeah, ive been hit on by lesbians before and one guy even thought I was gay and kept trying to get me to come out of the closet. I worked at a gay bar so it would happen and one day one of the guys I worked with at another job saw me there and at work he was all about getting me to own who I really was :lol: I was like DUDE I just get a paycheck! when I got hit on, I would just brush it off, after a good conversation or two with the interested lady they always knew it was a waste of time to pursue me in a romantic way :D

People have thought I was lesbian too. >.< Even I wondered if I was lesbian but at age 11 I got a serious crush on a boy. Now you're probably wondering, "why was an eleven-year-old girl thinking about her sexuality?" But it was just the way I was raised: I learned a lot about different sexualities at a young age and I wanted to know at age 6 what sexuality I was. But at age 11 it was a purely platonic crush - I didn't even want to kiss him. My mom thinks everyone is bisexual with preferences, but I think that's total BS. To me, sexuality is very black and white. Gay, straight, bi, trans...you have to fit into one category!

no but i have had many lesbian friends and 2 bisexual friends, and they where great friends, one of my best friend is bisexual

I wouldn't say hit on, maybe just flirted with. An extremely feminine Subway cashier told me I had a beautiful smile and should smile more...

1 person likes this

I have been hit on by a gay man before...a big, muscled man. I was at a gay bar once in college (don't ask me why or how. I don't want to talk about it. Just roll with it) and the ladies in our crew were...getting their dance on. I was sitting at the bar with the only other guy in our group when all the sudden this big, black, muscle man walks up to me and starts stroking my arm. He was getting all friendly and was asking why I look like an anorexic in a caring way. That freaked the heck out of me. Thinking fast, I wrapped my arm around my dude friend and said, "Sorry I'm taken."

Ugh, the one time I got hit on by someone and it had to be a man. smh

8 people like this

it's happened a couple of times before. i wasn't offended at all. as long as they're respectful about it, there's no need to get all snooty  lol that person went out of their way to tell you you're beautiful. i can appreciate that if nothing else. I'm straight so i will never sleep with a girl but they can take me out to dinner lol

I've been hit on a couple of times by guys and a few times I thought it was nice and a few times I thought it was awkward.  But one of those nice times led to a relationship and then to marriage!  :)

Seriously, I know this question was addressed to the straight people but let me throw out a few thoughts. 

First of all, I'm a bit disappointed at a few of the responses here.  To be all like "ewww," as if this was so horribly disgusting and to refer to a gay person as a homo only reinforces some of the homophobia that exists here. 

If someone of the same sex hits on you, I believe the way you should respond is the same way you would respond to anyone who you don't find attractive.  You acknowledge the compliment that they have given you but then you politely decline their interest.  "Thanks for the compliment but I'm not into guys/girls"  No need to make a big deal and go on and on about how you are not gay/lesbian. 

I will throw out the misconception that's out there that if you are gay that you are attracted to all people of the same sex.  When I've come out to some friends they have been concerned that I might be attracted to them.  Most of the time I have said "Don't flatter yourself! :) "

12 people like this

Hoo boy, I have a story for this one:

In college, I remember bumping into one guy on campus. I didn't know him at all, but he somehow remembered me, found me on Facebook, and added me.  Since we went to the same school and had no reason to be suspicious, I was like "why not" and accepted his request.  For a while he was flirting with one of my best friends who didn't even go to the same school, which kinda creeped said friend out, who eventually ended up un-friending him.

Next semester, the guy asks me if I want to grab dinner with him at the school cafeteria, and I agree to it.  After dinner and some chitchat, he drops the fact that he's into both asian women and "black guys who act white", which gives me a little pause.  Those who know me know that I fit the latter category to a tee, but again, I'm assuming that he's not talking about me and instead some other dude.  We talked/hung out a few times after that. A few weeks later, I get a text asking if I want to come over and "snuggle" while watching a movie.

:blink:

I never did respond to that text.

:lol:

Sidenote: For what it's worth, the fact that the guy was bisexual didn't bother me in terms of hanging out with him as friends, he was a nice enough guy.  The problem was that the dude was clearly interested and I don't play for that team, so I wasn't really sure how to react.  It's flattering but...no.

2 people like this

One of my acquaintances called me cute, but I don't think she said it out of interest for me; she thought it was more like a given fact. Either way, I was really flattered.

There was another time where another girl I knew kissed me on the cheek. I don't know if she was attracted to girls or not, but I was still pretty freaked out. It wasn't like "Ew, a girl kissed me!", but more like "Someone kissed me without my permission!". I still wanted to be friends with her anyway, though.

Yep! Once I was in University in a big building on the second or third floor to write an exam. After I finished I was on my way out and since it's been the first time I've been in this specific building I got lost. I ended up going in circles trying to find an elevator or stairs. Afrter a while I noticed a guy following me wherever I go. I kinda acted weird since I was lost and thought that maybe security had an eye on me for wandering back and forth. So after a minute or so I turned around and told the guy I am lost and want to find the way out. He asked me why I want to get out and with a smile asked if I want him to do me a certain favour. Something I won't repeat on this thread. My heart dropped when I realised what this guy was following me for and without saying anything more I turned my back and walked away in disgust. He shouted after me "but do you want that?" but I just kept walking. Eventually at the end of the hallway I turned and found the stairs going down. I am sure he left afterwards thinking that I might have gone to security and reported him.

Nope, none of my lesbian acquaintances ever expressed an interest in me! I must not be their type!

Currently, I dance with a lot of girls, both heterosexual and homosexual, when I go out swing dancing, but no one has ever said anything other than liking my necklace or my dress. I have only been hit on by the guys, and even then, not that much. I think the fact that I wear a ring helps to discourage potential suitors, which is my goal.

A few years back, I did make-out with someone who was bisexual; he was a man, though. No girls for me, but I did help photograph a same-sex wedding this summer with my boyfriend, and at the end of next month, I will watch my cousin marry the woman she loves.

As a single girl, if asked out by a woman, I would have said, "Thanks, but I'm only interested in guys." Now that I am dating, I would probably say, "Thanks, but I have a boyfriend," which is also what I would say to any interested men. The only time I would have a problem with a woman asking me out is if she did it in a really disrespectful way, just as I would have a problem with a man asking me out in a disrespectful way.

2 people like this

Ewww... Some creepy cat calls at McDonalds one time...again ewww

EEEEWWWWWWWWWW IS 100% correct!

1 person likes this

I've been hit on a bunch of times by lesbians. It's disgusting. I just ignore them and walk off and pray as I walk away that I won't say anything to disappoint God himself. In the past I would just yell at them but now I just walk away and hold up my ring finger as a sign of taken. I not only do it to lesbians but weird guys too. Ew just ew

Yep! Once I was in University in a big building on the second or third floor to write an exam. After I finished I was on my way out and since it's been the first time I've been in this specific building I got lost. I ended up going in circles trying to find an elevator or stairs. Afrter a while I noticed a guy following me wherever I go. I kinda acted weird since I was lost and thought that maybe security had an eye on me for wandering back and forth. So after a minute or so I turned around and told the guy I am lost and want to find the way out. He asked me why I want to get out and with a smile asked if I want him to do me a certain favour. Something I won't repeat on this thread. My heart dropped when I realised what this guy was following me for and without saying anything more I turned my back and walked away in disgust. He shouted after me "but do you want that?" but I just kept walking. Eventually at the end of the hallway I turned and found the stairs going down. I am sure he left afterwards thinking that I might have gone to security and reported him.

That's disgusting. I've even been groped by a lesbian in class while focusing on my teacher. I dropping that class right away and left in the middle of lecture. I almost screamed rape lol

Last summer, I was sitting in my car at a local park enjoying the day when a random dude in his 60's walked up and asked if I wanted a blowjob.  :blink:  (BTW he was married! I've seen that same guy before with a family at that park)

2 people like this

Last summer, I was sitting in my car at a local park enjoying the day when a random dude in his 60's walked up and asked if I wanted a blowjob.  :blink:  (BTW he was married! I've seen that same guy before with a family at that park)

That's sad.  :( Dude was probably either on something, sliding down into some type of mental disorder, or just warped from years of self-loathing and repression.