New Years Resolution

15 posts in this topic

So far I'm thinking:

1. Eat healthier

2. Get more exercise

3. Work on my writing more

I might come up with some more.

xxx

I want to run my first and what will probably be my only marathon this upcoming year so that's my big one. Other than that, just to try and learn to have a tad bit more self control around chocolate.

N/A; I always break them within 24 hours of making them, so I stopped trying.  :(

This is my favorite response :3.

I want to run my first and what will probably be my only marathon this upcoming year so that's my big one. Other than that, just to try and learn to have a tad bit more self control around chocolate.

LOL I feel you there… chocolate EVERYTHING. It’s everywhere. Always.

Mine:

--Paint more

--Get into galleries

--Be happier

--Eat healthier

--Finally walk around parks with my puppy!

--Photograph more animals for paintings

--Save more money

2 people like this

My main goal is to try to get out more often, especially with my camera. I have been in a major rut for far too long. Not to mention it may help my anxiety issues (which probably accounts for the rut, at least somewhat) that have been much more prevalent than usual recently.

Definitely to create more artistic stuff. I'm loaded up on art supplies and can't wait to get started. I won't even wait for New Years for that one. Other than that, I'm always looking to maximize my health. More B12. More iron. Less fits of narcolepsy.

For specific "starting in the New Year" resolutions: Cut down on internet shopping! Oh it's a dangerous world full of shiny things.

Ha ha, this thread suddenly reminds me of a comic I saw in Mad Magazine.

It shows in the first panel, a gym congested with people in January. In the second panel it is March, and the gym now has regular attendance. In the final panel it is May, and the gym is almost empty!

1 person likes this

I don't make New Year's resolutions. A goal for just a single year doesn't work well for me.

I've started setting small, monthly goals. I don't always accomplish them, but I do always end up improving myself at the end of each month.

My biggest December goal will roll over into the new year, though. My Crohn's has gotten worse this year, and I've lost 12 pounds since June. I was already underweight by 5 pounds in June. So my goal has been to improve my health and gain weight. One of my Christmas presents was a digital scale to help me track my weight. :D

1 person likes this

Get my driver's license. Sad but true, 27 years old and I don't drive... 2015 this will change!... move out my way when you see me on the road, lol

3 people like this

Get my driver's license. Sad but true, 27 years old and I don't drive... 2015 this will change!... move out my way when you see me on the road, lol

I don't have my license either. No shame in taking your time with it!

1 person likes this