KaiLi

Staying single.....by choice?

7 posts in this topic

Is there anyone on here who doesn't want to get married ? I am talking about out of choice, not out of lack of finding a significant other. Also, if you did decided that you never wanted to get married would you still choose to not have sex? I am totally curious!

Well as of right now I don't want to get married. In the future if it happens it happens. I have so much going for me right now and don't want to consider marriage. And yes if I decided that I don't want to get married, I still wouldn't have sex. I actually joked about dying a virgin, wouldn't affect me at all.

4 people like this

I think the vast majority of people on here want to get married, after all the site is intended for people waiting until marriage to have a sexual relationship.  We are not choosing to be celibate for life.  If I wasn't WTM I would go out and have sex tomorrow! I wouldn't want to miss out on such a fundamental part of the human existence.

5 people like this

I've actually contemplated this but I guess my opinion is similar to cookiemonster's. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't I feel and think that I would be okay being single. I would also choose to not have sex. Right now I'm seeing it as something that I could happily live without. People have told me I will change my mind later in life but I guess we will have to see.

1 person likes this

anything's better than getting stuck with the wrong dude. my mom's like "well even if you decided to part ways with him, at least that marriage would serve as a profound learning experience..."

nuh-uh screw that lol life's too short. i don't have the time or the energy in this life to experience a failed marriage and recover from it. especially if kids were involved. i'm hellbent on getting it right the first time. life ain't a dress rehearsal. there's mistakes worth making and then there's mistakes that are too draining to make.

1 person likes this

Single by choice here, too. I'm only 27 but I still don't know if marriage is for me. I'm that oddly content person regardless of status.

And yes, there are folks that abstain even if we're not necessarily interested in meeting "the one" and getting married. It's a personal choice, not one that depends on external factors. At least for me, it is. But, that has to do with my reasons for waiting, which is tied closely to my faith.

3 people like this

I've thought about this a lot in the past and came to the conclusion that I'd be happy to get married someday if I met the right person, but even if I didn't, it wouldn't bother me. I'm okay with living a single life and even if I stayed single forever, of course I'd remain celibate. I can live a happy life whether I'm married or single.

1 person likes this