Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Sio

Favorite Horror Movies

21 posts in this topic

Since Halloween is almost upon us, I'm taking this as an opportunity to ask you guys what horror movies you like.

Have there been any ones that made you want to pee your pants?

Have you actually peed your pants?

Anyway, here's my list:

• Candyman
  • Suspiria
  • Rosemary's Baby
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street (original) (partially because Johnny Depp was in a crop-top)
  • REC
  • Eraserhead (I'm assuming this counts)
3 people like this

Hello!

Oh i love horror movies!!!! I actually wrote an article about scariest movies made. 

But for my faves I guess i would say:

Sixth Sense, Conjuring, The Shining (truly a classic one!), many more actually but these are my tops!

Happy Halloween all!!

2 people like this

I like horror movies, but I usually don't find them particularly scary, so I actually haven't seen that many. :D My favorites are The Conjuring, The Shining, The Ring, (so many 'the's!) and Carrie. And in the TV show department, I also like American Horror Story.

Edit: I left out The Birds! Though I like it because it's so absurd more than anything else. Also, some episodes of The Twilight Zone probably count as horror.

Not a huge horror fan, but I can think of a few I've liked:

Let the Right One In (original Swedish version, not the American remake)

Final Destination (1, 2 and 3 were good, but I didn't like the 4th, and haven't got around to seeing the 5th)

Dracula (1931 with Bela Lugosi, because you can't beat a classic)

The Wicker Man (1973, not the dumb Nicolas Cage one)

Silence of the Lambs

The Lost Boys (I'm not sure if that counts as a horror movie, but never mind)

Psycho

The Phantom of the Opera (1925, because that totally counts as a horror movie)

xxx

3 people like this

High Tension

The uninvited

Rec

The collector

Ils and The Others-not really scary but fun to watch.

The Grudge

Dawn of The dead

28 days later

The Orphanage

The Orphan

They don't really scare me but these are movies I can watch again and again.

Believe it or not "The Ring" is the only movie that has legitimately scared me, of course I was like 16 when I first saw it. I don't go near wells anymore! 

On that note, I find psychological-horror type movies to be far more chilling than flash-horror (or whatever you want to call it), aka the movies that make you jump. Also, I can't name any specific movies with this other than House on Haunted Hill, but there's something about haunted hospitals that gets me. There should be more movies with such a setting!

2 people like this

I don't like scary movies. 

I do like zombie movies though. They aren't scary to me. They get intense but it's just not the same. 

The Walking Dead is a tv show but it's my favorite zombie anything. lol 

I also like really old, black and white, non-scary scary movies like Frankenstein. I like to watch them around Halloween and just have fun watching something that won't make me stay up all night or regret eating all that candy. lol

Did you see it?

Yes, a great movie, more bone chilling than The Conjuring.

1 person likes this

Yes, a great movie, more bone chilling than The Conjuring.

I was really looking forward to it, but then I was unpleasantly surprised when I saw it did so much worse on Rotten Tomatoes then The Conjuring. The Conjuring is my favorite 21st century horror movie (and even then, I thought the second half was much weaker than the first), so I was really hoping the prequel would be of similar or better quality. But you think it's better, huh?

Insidious 

Cabin in the woods 

The Exorcist 

The Grudge 

The Ring 

Rec (the Spanish version) - This one was more gory than scary though 

I have heard that the Conjuring is realllly scary and I think I would add it to this list once i watch it. Also, the orphanage. 

The best way to spend a night- curled up on the couch/bed (with a blanket, so you can cover your eyes when you need to) with a group of friends watching horror movies :D 

That being said, I would never ever watch any horror movie by myself.  

I was really looking forward to it, but then I was unpleasantly surprised when I saw it did so much worse on Rotten Tomatoes then The Conjuring. The Conjuring is my favorite 21st century horror movie (and even then, I thought the second half was much weaker than the first), so I was really hoping the prequel would be of similar or better quality. But you think it's better, huh?

If people have a bad experience, they'll tell 10 people. People with a good experience will tell a few. I almost always attribute rotten tomatoes to people who don't like the genre anyway, so they feel the need to give a bad review.

Always try something yourself first before reading reviews!

I'm a huge horror movie fan even though I'm not very courageous but I think there is something funny about them and I  like to scream when something scary happend it's just so much fun!I also like the diversity of stories, and the fact that there is always something weird and out of reason happenning, the settings, the light they use, Every single detail they use to frighten us..

People tend to say The exorcist is the best but that movie made me laught more than it's frighten me... I love 80's, 70's and 90's horror movies....

1) The omen (chapter 1,2,3 they're scary I'll never watch it again, I slept with a rosary after seeing it for 1 month)

2)Nightmare on elm street 1

3)Halloween (the first one is the best the others are okay)

4)Candyman ( I love the all athmosphere of this movie you don't know if it's a dream a vision or reality everything is so mysterious even their love)

5) Paranormal activity <3 (I'm not going to slep just saying the name of that movie)

6)Night of the living dead(classic! the black and white version!!)1963

7)The Wicker man 1973 (original, it stands out of all the horror movies clichés and very very scary I love it!!)

8)The Hills have eyes

9) Cujo

10) Carrie (classic, I have sympathie for her though, , I loved the whole concept of the movie, Carrie was a great killer!! ahaha) <3

2 people like this

I love the Horror genre. I don't find most of them terribly scary. A couple that have had moments that startled me a bit were House on Haunted Hill (the original one) with Vincent Price, The Shining (I prefer Steven Weber's 'Jack' to Jack Nicholson, though), and Shutter with Joshua Jackson. Oh, let's not for the first Psycho... love that one. I prefer the classics most of the time, though. A lot of the fear those instilled was because they had to imply the scare, vs using CG or special effects. It left much more to the imagination, which can lead to a little more of the scare factor... at least in my mind full of macabre scenes.

2 people like this

A little late to the party here. But here goes:

Pet Sematary - scariest movie I ever saw

All 6 of Romero's Zombie movies

Walking Dead TV series

Silent Hill video game - just about the scariest thing ever

The Mist (hate how they changed the ending)

Needful Things

The Shining - a masterpiece.

The Others - really eerie, especially the post-mortem Victorian photography.

Nightmare on Elm Street (the original)

The Conjuring - a modern classic, although I think the last quarter of the film let it down a bit.

I HATE horror movies but I was tricked into watching A Hunting In Connecticut or is it The Hunting in Connecticut? Scared me so bad I choked on my own saliva!

1 person likes this