Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrystalFaerie

My post about why I'm WTM

13 posts in this topic

I really wasn't sure about whether to post this here or in the "topics about waiting" forum, since it's approx. 50% about waiting and 50% about religion. If I got it wrong, mods, feel free to move it somewhere else :)

Anyway, I wrote this blog post today about why I chose to WTM. I thought it might be interesting to share so people can learn why someone might wait, and especially someone of my faith. Of course you guys already know the benefits of waiting, but it's always fun to hear other people's stories, so I thought I'd share on here as well :) Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Post is here: http://artemisiaastraie.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/im-a-pagan-waiting-until-marriage/

9 people like this

Utterly interesting. A pagan waiter, huh? Especially when you believe in deities such as Aphrodite.

Nothing is impossible. There's no such rule you have to be a non-virgin to be a pagan. Go girl, you are doing the right thing.

3 people like this

Thank you!

I guess the idea behind polytheism is that there are many conflicting forces of nature, and therefore many Gods with conflicting personalities. You can be like Aphrodite, or you can be like Artemis. You don't have to agree with a God's "lifestyle" so long as you respect and honour them :)

1 person likes this

Thank you for sharing! Its kind of awesome how even though people have different religions, that we can think the same way.

Thank you for sharing! Its kind of awesome how even though people have different religions, that we can think the same way.

I agree! I'm always looking for common ground with other religions, oftentimes there's more of it than you expect :)

3 people like this

Thank you!

I guess the idea behind polytheism is that there are many conflicting forces of nature, and therefore many Gods with conflicting personalities. You can be like Aphrodite, or you can be like Artemis. You don't have to agree with a God's "lifestyle" so long as you respect and honour them :)

How adorable :)

But this makes me wonder, what are your family's and friends' thoughts about it? Just curious about their reaction wether they are supportive or not.

How adorable :)

But this makes me wonder, what are your family's and friends' thoughts about it? Just curious about their reaction wether they are supportive or not.

Haha, not sure what's adorable about that, but sure. :P

As for friends and family, most of them don't know about my specific beliefs. They know I'm Pagan since I'm very open about it and have mentioned it quite a few times before, but most of them still think I'm Wiccan (which I'm not anymore). I think 2-3 of my closest friends have an idea, but I haven't told anyone explicitly. But in any case, they're all very accepting and if I did tell them, they would probably think it was weird/unusual but still be supportive.

Haha, not sure what's adorable about that, but sure. :P

As for friends and family, most of them don't know about my specific beliefs. They know I'm Pagan since I'm very open about it and have mentioned it quite a few times before, but most of them still think I'm Wiccan (which I'm not anymore). I think 2-3 of my closest friends have an idea, but I haven't told anyone explicitly. But in any case, they're all very accepting and if I did tell them, they would probably think it was weird/unusual but still be supportive.

I meant the way you thought, your noble heart about wtm despite respecting and honouring deities such as Aphrodite, that's what I found adorable.

Wiccan huh, so you were a 'witch'? :D

Wiccan huh, so you were a 'witch'? :D

Wiccan, yes. Witch, not really. It just… wasn't really my thing. I had a bit of trouble with the idea of spells as well. Basically, where prayer is a request ("hey God/Goddess/Gods, please stand by my side and support me in this") spells are a command ("hey God/Goddess/Gods, give me this NOW and if you don't I'll come and get it myself"). I wasn't very comfortable with that, because that would mean you're more powerful than the power you believe in - if it that was true, why honour and pray to that power? In Hellenismos, there's a word to describe that: hubris. It means disrespecting the Gods and believing yourself above them, and I think all of us religious folk can agree that's not something to do.

But I digress :) In any case, yes I was Wiccan in that I held Wiccan beliefs, but I was never really a witch.

1 person likes this

Wiccan, yes. Witch, not really. It just… wasn't really my thing. I had a bit of trouble with the idea of spells as well. Basically, where prayer is a request ("hey God/Goddess/Gods, please stand by my side and support me in this") spells are a command ("hey God/Goddess/Gods, give me this NOW and if you don't I'll come and get it myself"). I wasn't very comfortable with that, because that would mean you're more powerful than the power you believe in - if it that was true, why honour and pray to that power? In Hellenismos, there's a word to describe that: hubris. It means disrespecting the Gods and believing yourself above them, and I think all of us religious folk can agree that's not something to do.

But I digress :) In any case, yes I was Wiccan in that I held Wiccan beliefs, but I was never really a witch.

Fascinating :D especially how noble and dedicated you are. You have my compliments!

1 person likes this

Do you mind your story being shared? I mean, on places such a facebook? I know the button is there at the bottom, but I wanted to make sure. You see, I am a Christian, but your thoughts are very similar to mine.

Do you mind your story being shared? I mean, on places such a facebook? I know the button is there at the bottom, but I wanted to make sure. You see, I am a Christian, but your thoughts are very similar to mine.

No problem, go for it :)

1 person likes this

I really wasn't sure about whether to post this here or in the "topics about waiting" forum, since it's approx. 50% about waiting and 50% about religion. If I got it wrong, mods, feel free to move it somewhere else :)

Anyway, I wrote this blog post today about why I chose to WTM. I thought it might be interesting to share so people can learn why someone might wait, and especially someone of my faith. Of course you guys already know the benefits of waiting, but it's always fun to hear other people's stories, so I thought I'd share on here as well :) Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Post is here: http://artemisiaastraie.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/im-a-pagan-waiting-until-marriage/

Very well written. Normally, my reasons for waiting are other than religious ones.  Its refreshing to read a theological perspective on this issue. Well done.