zoyuxi

"Top Ten Ways Men Can Dress Modestly"

9 posts in this topic

Guys please do not dress modestly. I much prefer you either A) in a sexy suit or B) shirtless. Yes, no complaints here ;)

4 people like this

I think men should cover their arms. And their hands. I'm talking a full length glove, fingertips to the top of the shoulder.

I think this is a question more for the ladies. That's what I think.  :)

The reason why I shared this post is because we often talk about modesty in terms of women's dress, but not so much about what is modest on a man. Sometimes, even when a woman already tries to dress modestly, she still gets harassed or called out as 'not modest enough'. But it's unusual for a man to be told he's dressing immodestly, so I wanted to hear how the guys would react if they were asked to be modest. Come to think of it, it's kind of hard to define what's modest on a man. Is shirtlessness modest? Are speedos modest?

So guys, what do you find to be modest on yourselves?

1 person likes this

The reason why I shared this post is because we often talk about modesty in terms of women's dress, but not so much about what is modest on a man. Sometimes, even when a woman already tries to dress modestly, she still gets harassed or called out as 'not modest enough'. But it's unusual for a man to be told he's dressing immodestly, so I wanted to hear how the guys would react if they were asked to be modest. Come to think of it, it's kind of hard to define what's modest on a man. Is shirtlessness modest? Are speedos modest?

So guys, what do you find to be modest on yourselves?

Well I'm pretty poor at the moment so I have a wardrobe of t-shirts that were 3 for £15. And I've had the same bunch of jeans since when I was chubby, so now they're super baggy and falling off me... I'm pretty sure no woman on earth is turned on by that combo (Y) if any guy wants to be modest, just copy that. But I personally don't like showing off my body parts. If someone told me to dress modestly, I would be like "Psssh, you can't see my genitals, what's the issue?"

Honestly, I have no problem with women who dress sexy, and I'm not sure why other guys do either. I sometimes get a split second thought like "wow that shirt is tight" or "hmm she got some nice legs/boobies/hips" and then I just continue with whatever I was doing. I don't see anything terrible about it. It's just your body, and it's nice to make it look nice in whatever way you feel like. In your own style. It's nice when people choose to wear something that compliments them or says something about their personality.

Guys please do not dress modestly. I much prefer you either A) in a sexy suit or B) shirtless. Yes, no complaints here ;)

It can go both ways! Ladies, please don't stop wearing those yoga pants to school in ridiculously cold temperatures just b/c you wanna be noticed and oh the booty shorts in the summer are working. It's a shame they can't be cut any shorter. Modesty is for the church goers who think being sexy is sinful. Ladies dress sexy!

Dress sexy, but not trashy. Wait, where is the line drawn between sexy and trashy? What does a guy look like when he's dressed slutty? Can men wear yoga pants and booty shorts? Is there really a clear line between sexy and trashy? Ultimately everyone should dress however they please so long as it's legal. 

1 person likes this