Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wanderlust

Re-introducing myself

14 posts in this topic

I used to be active in early 2012 when I was in my first year of university. I've been on-and-off since then, mainly because I'm busy with other parts of my life, but a lot of it was simply because I didn't want to think about being a virgin all the time. 

Wandering over to this site again was probably prompted by my 18-year-old roommate lamenting over how this 19-year-old boy she knew was still a virgin. She was scandalized. I feigned a little surprise with her and went back to my phone. I don't know anyone else in my real life who is waiting, which is understandable because 99% of my friends are not religious, are very liberal, and fit the stereotypes of typical college students. They assume I've had sex because they know that I've had boys stay the night. I am not ashamed that I'm a virgin--the contrary, really, as it's something that I'm very proud of because I've had many opportunities to lose it--but I don't like discussing my decision with people who aren't doing the same. At the risk of sounding like a preteen Avril Lavigne, no one really understands, you know? 

I wish I had a universally-accepted reason as to why I'm a virgin, but I don't. I'm not a religious person--not for lack of faith--it's just that I'm not sure what I am yet. I believe in God, but under what religious umbrella? It would be easier to tell people if I were very religious because then they would be more understanding. I'm waiting simply because I believe sex is the most intimate and beautiful experience that I will ever have, and why would I ever share that with more than one person? I want only one man to know the curves of my body. I want love. Commitment. 

Anyways, I won't be posting any obvious descriptors about myself in the (unlikely) case someone from my real life sees this site. I would love to post a photo to seem more like a real person, but I can't. If we get close on this site, we can become Facebook friends :)

Until then,

C

6 people like this

Get on OKCupid, and put in the opposite of your credentials and "age 28" in the search. That is what they will become.... You made the right choice.

I don't know for sure that sex will be intimate, but it may very well be enjoyable. It is quite popular on Craigslist, and has several sorts of Meetup groups that I haven't looked-into. Rave reviews...

2 people like this

Hi Wanderlust! Nice to meet you indeed. I'm very new to the site, but in a lot of ways you remind me of myself. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Wanderlust! Cool name. Welcome back? Haha you make some good points. See ya 'round!

WanderLust, that is a beautiful reason to wait until marriage and remain a virgin.  I wish it were easier and more acceptable in today's cultural norms without having to pin a religion.

1 person likes this