emma

Wish I found this sooner!

16 posts in this topic

I'm so glad I found this site. Being in college I find myself surrounded by people who don't share the same values that I do- most of them pertaining to sex. I've always said I will wait until marriage and some people almost seem to think there is something wrong with me because of that. While others think it is a good choice. I know the only opinion that matters is my own but it can be difficult in college as well to find a guy who shares the same values I do. I've met men who are interested but want to go farther than I do. I've had friends tell me 'guys have needs!'

Anyway I can't wait to make some new friends here. :)

13 people like this

I am glad that you found this site. I have made so many new friends here and I know you will to. The support on this site is overwhelming. I look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

I've had friends tell me 'guys have needs!'

Haha, that's just the worst.

Welcome to the site!  :)  

1 person likes this

Welcome, emma! Glad to have you with us. Yeah, college can be one of the toughest environments to be in when you're waiting till marriage. You're right to not listen to what others say because I can guarantee you many of them are jealous that they didn't wait and are trying to bring you down.

Don't be discouraged because there are many guys other there who are waiting. They're just not always easily noticable because it's not popular to wait so they don't broadcast it. Just stay on course and the right guy will notice and respect you for waiting :)

4 people like this

I'm so glad I found this site. Being in college I find myself surrounded by people who don't share the same values that I do- most of them pertaining to sex. I've always said I will wait until marriage and some people almost seem to think there is something wrong with me because of that. While others think it is a good choice. I know the only opinion that matters is my own but it can be difficult in college as well to find a guy who shares the same values I do. I've met men who are interested but want to go farther than I do. I've had friends tell me 'guys have needs!'

Anyway I can't wait to make some new friends here. 

Hey, girl, heeeeey!  :lol:

3 people like this

Welcome, Emma! If any guy gives you trouble, let me know. I will take them out because I am built.  :superwaiter:

But seriously, I'm glad you found the site. :)

1 person likes this

Welcome! Glade you are listening to yourself and not others. Peer pressure can be tough sometimes!

I've had friends tell me 'guys have needs!'

They got hands.

To make their own damn sandwich.

5 people like this

You know what, those people aren't going to pay your bills and they aren't going home with you, so don't even listen to the things they say. They don't matter! What matters is that you know exactly what is important in your life and right for you, and that's admirable. So you go girl!

You're really pretty and smart, any guys who are stupid enough to not be willing to wait for you are far beneath you anyways. Their loss ;)

2 people like this

Welcome Emma! The one word of advice I can give you is that, accept and respect other people during college - but never feel ashamed of who you are! Always feel confident and love yourself - and you will get a lot of love and support from this forum!

1 person likes this