Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Labamba

Swedish girl joining

18 posts in this topic

Hi everyone (mostly on the other side of the world...)

Just wanted to say hi and at the same time inform that there are people everywhere thinking about this question/decision.

I travel a lot and wherever I go I always hear that swedes are supposed to be tall, blond, sexy and hang around naked on the beach... I have no idea where or from whom this prejudice originated but I'm tired of being put in a box with the word easy on it. 

For me there is not only the pressure of society regarding waiting but also the pressure of being "swedish" in the eyes of many people and it's not the most easiest thing to handle. 

I've become a member on this site to take part in forums and interesting topics, and of course it's always nice to get to know new people as well!
If you want to know more about me or if you are interested in swedish society/culture you just have to ask!

Kind regards,

Louise

7 people like this

Welcome! It may be Hollywood that portays this idea of Swedish women. It's kind of like how all Texans ride horses or are a little because of the southern drawl.

Welcome! I agree with samaye, there are prejudices everywhere. I can think of at a dozen about african americans, which I am, and nearly none fit my profile. I do the same thing you do, I have people ask me. So Sweden, how's the weather there?

1 person likes this

Yes, we are not that nice portrayed in movies or TV-series... 
Actually I live in Germany at the moment, but I will be moving back to Sweden next month and then this fall I'll be moving to France, I travel a lot... Anyway in Germany it's a bit rainy and cloudy, how is it over there (wherever you are)?

Welcome to the site, LouiseMaria! I hope to see you in our conversations.

My great grandmother was Swedish, but my main ancestry is Norwegian. 

That is pretty cool LouiseMaria. I love traveling, wish I could do it more. I am in the US of A, New York state. We have 80% cloud coverage year round. And we are also known to have rain, snow and bright sunny days all in the same week, lol.

Hello and welcome!! I feel your pain Louise, I am part Russian and people confuse me for a Swedish girl sometimes. The comments are so silly and disheartening. Thankfully most of the amazing men here have a lot of respect for women :D hope you enjoy your time on this site as much as I do!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

573V3N: thats cool, do you speak any swedish/norwegian?

Francois: Tack så mycket!

OMG a Swedish person! :D

I love Sweden, I've been been trying to learn Swedish for years (I'm getting there… very slowly). I've been there twice, it's one of my favourite places in the world :)

Hej och välkommen!