Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob

Aspiring born again virgin

24 posts in this topic

I had been a virgin most of my life.  I was a virgin when I got married at age 27.  I felt my ex-wife wasn't honest with me about being a virgin and Chirstian.  I hoping that other Chirstians would accept me as a born again virgin.   I truely believe our relationship, faith, and love  for Jesus increases with our obedience to God's Word.  :unsure: 

9 people like this

Welcome to the site, Rob! God loves you very much and your message will mean a lot to others who have been in the same boat! Hope you enjoy the site! :)

4 people like this

Welcome to the site mate, may you find happiness and love.

1 person likes this

Hello and welcome! Hope you enjoy this site, and hope you find a great lady who is honest and what you are looking for!

Welcome to the site  :)

When I read your post  & the words  " Born again ", Romans 12:1,2  crossed my mind ....

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect

2 people like this

Welcome to the site and I hope to see you in our discussions!

What do you mean you felt she wasn't honest about it? Did you actually discover she was dishonest? Or was it just a feeling?

3 people like this

Welcome :)-

Honestly I don't think you need to worry about being a born again virgin, you waited until marriage even if your wife was dishonest. But, do whatever feels right to you.

Rob,

Why wouldn't we as Christian brothers and sisters accept you as a born again Virgin? We already love you because God loves us and you just as much! What ever happened with you and your exwife was just a step towards a new beginning in Christ! Welcome to the WTM community Rob!

-Jazz

Welcome! Not everyone here is religious, incase you're getting that vibe.

3 people like this

I'm not religious..I'm a believer and folower of Jesus Christ :)

No... No... I'm fairly sure that's pretty much the definition of religious...

4 people like this

Divorce sucks, but you can't predict when a relationship is not going to work.  Getting divorced because you're bored is one thing - ESPECIALLY in Biblical times, when procreation was very important.

The way I see it, you waited until marriage.  So I don't see ANY issue with your past.  You're leaving sex for marriage.

you're in great company bec you have a great outlook about what's important to you.   people will look at your character and your integrity and your soul :-).     you have nothing to pause about - welcome to a community where the value is on waiting til marriage... at whatever stage you are.  :-)

2 people like this

you're in great company bec you have a great outlook about what's important to you.   people will look at your character and your integrity and your soul :-).     you have nothing to pause about - welcome to a community where the value is on waiting til marriage... at whatever stage you are.  :-)

Very well said Ian..

1 person likes this

^ Leave it to Ian to welcome someone so beautifully.

1 person likes this

No... No... I'm fairly sure that's pretty much the definition of religious...

This comment... right here ^.... Has made my morning! Love you Mirage!

1 person likes this