loyalhero90

The National Church of Bey

21 posts in this topic

They see themselves as a religion so I thought maybe to put this here but I guess it could go into the general discussion section. So there is a national church of bey and the deity they worship is Beyonce. They just have a tumblr page right now (http://national-church-of-bey.tumblr.com/) but they seem fairly serious. They even have a Beyble they are trying to produce and they claim of wanting to build a temple dedicated to Beyonce. Anyone heard of this before?

This...this is a joke, right? These people can't actually be serious? There's an article about them on News Nerd, which is a satirical site, so I'm assuming it's just satire.

xxx

1 person likes this

Say whaaaa?!?! Better be a joke, lol. Or we're all gonna start hearing 'All hail Sasha Fierce!!!! and 'Bow to the Queen B!' :)

I found the article here: http://www.blacknews.com/news/does-beyonce-really-have-her-own-church-it-appears-so-well-sort-of101.html#.U1BLYfldUxE

I'm trying to see if more is around since they seem really new. And this is what they say about newsnerd on tumblr

We would like to thank www.TheNewsNerd.com for running the stories on us. Even though we feel they do it in part to mock us, our message is still delivered nonetheless. Beyism is here to stay! SurfBort!

This...this is a joke, right? These people can't actually be serious? There's an article about them on News Nerd, which is a satirical site, so I'm assuming it's just satire.

xxx

This is what they say about news nerd from their tumblr website:

We would like to thank www.TheNewsNerd.com for running the stories on us. Even though we feel they do it in part to mock us, our message is still delivered nonetheless. Beyism is here to stay! SurfBort!

This may be a joke, but her husband Jay Z truly believes he is a god. In some of his songs, he compares himself to Jesus and compares Kanye West to the Holy Spirit. They are all a bunch of blasphemers. 

7 people like this

This may be a joke, but her husband Jay Z truly believes he is a god. In some of his songs, he compares himself to Jesus and compares Kanye West to the Holy Spirit. They are all a bunch of blasphemers. 

I would like for this to be a joke but people idolize so much these days. I agree that Jay Z has a pretty big ego and thinks of himself in god-like proportions and, maybe this is just me, he and beyonce throw up illumanati signs all the time in their concerts (unless they are big zelda fans and like the triforce symbol lol). 

3 people like this

If Kanye West is the Holy Spirit, may the Holy Spirit strike me down NOW.

Honestly, I'm thinking this church is publicity/ trolling.

2 people like this

I would like for this to be a joke but people idolize so much these days. I agree that Jay Z has a pretty big ego and thinks of himself in god-like proportions and, maybe this is just me, he and beyonce throw up illumanati signs all the time in their concerts (unless they are big zelda fans and like the triforce symbol lol). 

Ha! Well it would still be blasphemy because Zelda games are too awesome for the likes of them. Not nearly as blasphemous as comparing themselves to God, but it's still pretty bad. lol

4 people like this

This may be a joke, but her husband Jay Z truly believes he is a god. In some of his songs, he compares himself to Jesus and compares Kanye West to the Holy Spirit.  

MANY rappers do this. It is very disturbing.

3 people like this

Hm....when I think of this "church"; my mind thinks about the religion of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I hope I don't offend fellow members of Pastafarianism, but I like to eat spaghetti (so, I don't see myself becoming a member any time soon).

Me worship Beyoncé.... I don't think so.

2 people like this

Hm....when I think of this "church"; my mind thinks about the religion of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I hope I don't offend fellow members of Pastafarianism, but I like to eat spaghetti (so, I don't see myself becoming a member any time soon).

Me worship Beyoncé.... I don't think so.

Oh no, you can join us and still eat spaghetti. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is welcoming to all no matter their preferred diets. We're even recognized in Poland as an official religion now!

I don't see why people have such big problems with them thinking what they do. Let them be Gods in their own eyes, it's not hurting anyone.

1 person likes this

I don't see why people have such big problems with them thinking what they do. Let them be Gods in their own eyes, it's not hurting anyone.

Well, it's pretty serious stuff, if it's true. They know Beyonce's not a god, just a human being, but they're deliberately choosing to worship her anyway. On their site, it says: "While we do not believe Beyonce to be the Creator, we recognize that she still sits among the throne of Gods." So if you take that claim seriously, what they're doing is akin to someone worshipping a created being, like an angel or demon, instead of God (a "small g" god rather than the God, if you will).

Of course, even just typing all of that out, it sounds completely absurd, which is why I think it's not really true. I doubt anyone is really stupid enough to believe Beyonce is a god. It's almost certainly a joke. But it's in very poor taste, especially considering the anti-Christian imagery on their site.

So, we can't take something like this TOO lightly. At worst, they're idolaters. At best, they're just trying to be funny, even if it's not in the best taste. Looking over the site, I think it's most likely to be somewhere in between, and they're perhaps anti-Christians out trying to offend. It's a fairly poor attempt, of course. I've seen a heck of a lot worse.

xxx

3 people like this

And why is it serious if it's true? It doesn't hurt anyone, all it's doing is fulfilling the purpose of it, getting overly sensitive religious people to flip.

1 person likes this

And why is it serious if it's true? It doesn't hurt anyone, all it's doing is fulfilling the purpose of it, getting overly sensitive religious people to flip.

Um...I thought I explained why it's serious if it's true. It's blasphemy, and since they admit that they know Beyonce isn't the Creator God, just a lesser creation, then they know it's blasphemy. So we're talking mortal sin here, which certainly does hurt people. But as I said, I think it's just a bunch of people messing around.

xxx

3 people like this

They probably don't believe in God, so why would they care if someone thinks it's blasphemy? They don't.

1 person likes this

They probably don't believe in God, so why would they care if someone thinks it's blasphemy? They don't.

Yeah, if it's a joke, like I suspect, then they probably don't believe in God. All I'm saying is, if it is true - but that's unlikely - then it is blasphemy, since they've clearly said on the site "We know Beyonce's not the Creator God, just a lesser created being, but we're going to worship her anyway."

But anyway, there's not much point in worrying about it since it's all hypothetical. Like I said, I doubt it's true.

xxx