ArtsyGal

Funniest or weirdest date you ever been on!

11 posts in this topic

Ok, what is the craziest date you have been on?

For myself, my boyfriend at the time had stopped on our way to dinner at his bank, leaving the vehicle running with me waiting in the passenger seat. I heard him getting into the vehicle as I was staring out my window waiting for him to come back, and when I looked at him I realized that it was some guy I've never seen before putting the vehicle into reverse! As I tried to reach for the door handle, keeping my eyes on this guy, he turn to face me. The guy apologized, being embarrassed that he almost drove away in someone else's vehicle and scaring me.

Yep, quite the scare, and now I always lock the vehicle when I'm in it hahaha :D

4 people like this

Well I've never been on a "real" date before. I've had a couple of "sorta, kinda" dates but they weren't really if that makes sense. One of them was really great and was lots of fun with this girl despite it not being an actual date. But I'll tell you about my bad experience with a "kinda, sorta" date.

This one in particular I don't consider an real date because the girl in question gave me plenty of reason to believe she wasn't truly into me and she only said yes because she was too nice to say no. Anyways, we went to have ice cream but she insisted on meeting me there instead of me picking her up for whatever reason. She was 30 minutes late and didn't answer her phone when I called. Eventually I gave up and started to leave only to run into her at the door as she finally showed up. She was late because literally just woke up from a nap and she's still in her pajamas! Even before the "date" started, I knew it was going to be a disaster. During the whole thing, she just seemed bored and completely out of it. To make things worse, she started talking about her ex over the course of the afternoon. The whole time, I was giving myself the most epic mental facepalm in the history of facepalms. lol What confused me was that this girl and I were friends for a while and she's a great girl. But I did not expect her to not even know basic date etiquette that even I as an inexperienced person knew. So that event left a bad taste in my mouth.

Ladies, all of you are the finest and classiest...um class of girls in the world. But please, PLEASE be honest with a guy who asks you out. If you're not into him, just say no. It doesn't do either one of you any favors to go along with it just because you dont want to hurt his feelings.

2 people like this

Ouch! Sorry to hear that envincebal. She must have been still hung up on her ex. Thanks for sharing!

2 people like this

Thanks for sharing guys, Mike that was an awesomely cool story.

But man Wendy's has some good burgers nowadays!

Nowhere near $300.00 restaurant style but decent nonetheless.

And Vince, sorry to hear about that experience man. While she was a great girl, even a good friend, she was not ready for dating at that time.

Me, (finally edited!)

One of a handful of "dates" I've been on, ...

I was 17 had been working after school and stuff, typical fast food working teenager.

But so it wasn't a date per se, just a couple friends hanging out. But I knew this particular friend had a bit of a crush on me. At that age I was oblivious to girls and stuff though. I preferred sports and video games and flying, airplanes and definitely anything to do with flying.

Anyhow where was I going with this story, oh yeah, so we were at a favorite restaurant I really loved. the food was okay, but it was the location. It was at the Santa Monica Airport, and we'd sit on the deck and watch airplanes and just hangout, skateboard, and have a nice dinner you know.

Anyhow I ended up buying a car one particular evening, my second car, a gorgeously beautiful $800.00, black primer, 1988 Acura Integra sedan, and of course you know it was a 5-speed.

That evening we also after hanging around the local FBO at the time it was Supermarine. It's changed hands a couple times since then though. But we ended up going around the airport traffic pattern with a very nice Pilot from FlexJet in a Lear 60, after that ride I was "in love". I still remember the tail number N242FX, beautiful bird. Till that time I'd only flown Cessnas and Pipers, and from a legal standpoint I had no business up front with the pilot, as this is a two-person crewed jet.

Anyhow that was a spectacular "date" and an evening I remember vividly.

Yes, I loved that car also and kept it for over 4 years, I was really into the "Honda scene" at the time. (Still am a bit!)

Recently after all of my memories at SMO, I've found out that the city is trying to close it or severely restrict the flights into and out of it. But I'll fight alongside many of the organization's I belong to to help keep it open. Because somewhere out there there's a kid like I was who just needs that spark to start a fire and that fire to burn passionately for a lifetime.

Once I was on a date at a park near my house, and afterwards we decided to go to the bookstore. As we were walking around looking at various books, an elderly woman came up behind me, pulled my ponytail down and started to braid my hair. The guy I was dating at the time just stood there and didn’t say anything or really react at all. I asked him if he knew who she was and he said no. I didn’t think there was any harm to it so I just let the elderly lady finish braiding my hair, then she mumbled something about me reminding her of her daughter. Then she just walked away. She was adorable but my date and I thought it was just really random. 

2 people like this

Once I was on a date at a park near my house, and afterwards we decided to go to the bookstore. As we were walking around looking at various books, an elderly woman came up behind me, pulled my ponytail down and started to braid my hair. The guy I was dating at the time just stood there and didn’t say anything or really react at all. I asked him if he knew who she was and he said no. I didn’t think there was any harm to it so I just let the elderly lady finish braiding my hair, then she mumbled something about me reminding her of her daughter. Then she just walked away. She was adorable but my date and I thought it was just really random. 

That's... strange, to say the least. o.O

Awe, I bet you made that lady's day!! It's good that it was a pleasant memory of her duaghter and not someone that she didn't like! Now that would be super awkward!

Dan and I once took a walk around campus and one of us challenged the other one that we could climb more trees. We ended up spending three hours trying to see who could climb more trees. It was pretty hilarious and a lot of fun! I'm pretty sure he beat me, but honestly don't remember.

2 people like this

Once while on a date I parked in a handicap spot at a movie theater without realizing it. My date then proceeds to tell me what I had done AFTER we get inside and pay for our tickets and popcorn. After she told me, I just looked down at me holding my large popcorn and soda, and then back at her blankly.

To this day I still don't know why she waited that long to say something. That was our last date lol.

1 person likes this

Wasn't funny but crazy embarrassing! He ordered ribs and dessert and forgot his wallet and I had to pay.... never letting anyone else set me up on a date!

1 person likes this

Hmm I have two good ones...Which is sad because I have not gone on many dates:mellow:

1) This girl and I were flirting back and forth on OKC so I set up a date. As I was leaving my apartment to go on my date, I ran into my neighbor who lives above me and realized that was my date lol. After lunch, she grabbed the check and insisted on paying...I kept offering to pay or at least split it or something but she was serious about it so I graciously accepted the kind offer. During the date she mentioned how hard dating is because guys only want sex from her and nothing else...Then at the end of the night she randomly texted me saying she's alone, horny and the sexual things (too graphic for this thread) she wants someone to do her.....Uhhh talk about mixed messages. There was no second date after that but since she was going through a lot of hardships I remained friends with her.

2) My date said this to me in a matter of 20 minutes....

Kristen - You look shorter than I thought you would be.

Me - Uhh did you read my profile? I said I was 5'9.

Kristen - Not all of it..I must have missed that part. You looked taller from your pictures.

I'm not sure what I said after that because the whole time I was thinking what if I said...You look fatter than I thought you would be...You looked slimmer in your pictures...I'd probably get a drink thrown at me and she'd never talk to me again.

Later on in the date she says...

Kristen - Are you balding?

Me - No

Here's the funniest part....She was 4'11 and in very good shape but super self-conscience about her weight...and yet she can say that stuff to me on our first date? I ended up dating her for a few months afterwords and sure enough she was crazy...I thought maybe she was just nervous or really socially awkward or something....nope just crazy.

1 person likes this