Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Queen

Body Vs. Brain

16 posts in this topic

Have you ever experienced your biology and brain in conflict?  Your body says, "Come on.  Have sex!  It's going to be great! Use a condom!"  Then your brain says, "No! We're waiting for marriage!  It's worth it!  It's self-respect and respect for others!"  And the body and the brain are in a dispute. 
Have you ever experienced your biology and brain in conflict?

3 people like this

Yes, but my brain counters with "You are going to regret it and feel physically nauseous later."

Not so much about sex per se as I have never been that intimate with a female before.

My relations to women outside my family around my age range from acquaintance to friend and I'm not even sure of the latter.

I feel my flesh everyday and rely on the Spirit to keep me in line.

Yep that is me too. Its a battle that is waged every day between my fleshly desires and what I hold to be right. It seems like the older I get, the stronger the urges get and thus the harder the battle gets. It has only been sustained through lots of prayer and the thought of reserving this gift for my future wife. Assuming she exists that is.

3 people like this

I can't say I have felt this, but I haven't had a boyfriend yet, so there is a possibility that I could experience this conflict in the future.

Yep that is me too. Its a battle that is waged every day between my fleshly desires and what I hold to be right. It seems like the older I get, the stronger the urges get and thus the harder the battle gets. It has only been sustained through lots of prayer and the thought of reserving this gift for my future wife. Assuming she exists that is.

I feel very similar to Vince's statement.

2 people like this

That's when the song "Hellfire" from Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" starts playing in my head.

2 people like this

The mystical heart rules me first and foremost.the heart is where God's laws are written into your heart and the heart has a wisdom that the brain can't possess on its own.

Yeah everyday, sometime I the body convinces the mind otherwise.... my body is like she's pretty have sex! Ooooh nice butt have sex! I just remind myself like you said. It's like a constant thing if I didn't know better I'd be ready for sex like anytime.

That's when the song "Hellfire" from Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" starts playing in my head.

Oh, that's a great song!

xxx

1 person likes this

Yeah everyday, sometime I the body convinces the mind otherwise.... my body is like she's pretty have sex! Ooooh nice butt have sex! I just remind myself like you said. It's like a constant thing if I didn't know better I'd be ready for sex like anytime.

AND you're waiting until marriage despite.  That is honorable!

1 person likes this

As someone who is waiting till marriage, yes i think this issue arises--understandable. The best thing is, with the great power of our Lord, we are strengthened. Amen!!!

1 person likes this

Thank you Stacie, I feel like this isn't something that's talked about much at least off of here with people waiting. I mean it is hard stuff especially in today's world. I like the thread thanks for posting it.