Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest OneHappyGirl

What Are Ya'lls New

15 posts in this topic

Years Resolutions??... I know I know it's a few days too early, but I could hardly wait to ask ya'll! Well I'll start with mine first since I asked. Here goes in order of importance:

2. Pass the GRE above the 75 perctile to get accepted

5. Actually work at work this year-my production was slow so fixing that this year.

6. and, last but certainly not least, GROW MY HAIR OUT AGAIN!!! All my life I've had waist length hair until last year I decided to cut it into a TERRIBLE bob because I thought it would make me feel better and I wanted a fresh start-WRONG!:( So yes, I shall begin my long hair journey and it barely touches my shoulders now so I have awhile to go-boo.

This last year has been a very hard year for me so I'm hoping things will get better this next year as I try to continue moving on and it's gotten better thanks to you guys :) so wish me luck you guys!!! & What are ya'lls??? :)

1. Get enough of the C/C++ I took this last semester to stick in my head.

2. Learn enough Java to (combined with C/C++) develop my first Android gaming application (for the company owned by myself and a friend).

3. Master the Android application development tools and process.

4. Complete all the required courses for the prep for my major (Bio-Engineering and a minor in Middle Eastern/Islamic Studies) with excellent marks.

5. Start solidifying the network of biotech industry professionals and professionals-in-training, that I will need when it comes time to make the next move in my career plan (start a biotech firm).

6. Get back into the swing of things with regards to fencing (foil and epee).

Not sure what else for now...I'm sure a couple of them are tall orders and will carry over into future years, without a doubt.

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

Me too but I'm still struggling....9 days had been my longest most recent ly

I once did a 55 day streak, which I wanna recapture sooooo bad, and Thank God, I've been doing good for about a week now because I've had guests visiting, so no time nor place to wander the internet.

1. Get enough of the C/C++ I took this last semester to stick in my head.

2. Learn enough Java to (combined with C/C++) develop my first Android gaming application (for the company owned by myself and a friend).

3. Master the Android application development tools and process.

4. Complete all the required courses for the prep for my major (Bio-Engineering and a minor in Middle Eastern/Islamic Studies) with excellent marks.

5. Start solidifying the network of biotech industry professionals and professionals-in-training, that I will need when it comes time to make the next move in my career plan (start a biotech firm).

6. Get back into the swing of things with regards to fencing (foil and epee).

Not sure what else for now...I'm sure a couple of them are tall orders and will carry over into future years, without a doubt.

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

wow, Tempest this all sounds so very complex! May I ask what does "C/C++" mean? & you own your own company! well that's pretty legit! I wish you the best of luck this year Tempest!

My main one is to get over my addiction, which Thank God, I've been sober for a while now.

aww well that's awesome news then Mark! Keep it up You can do it! :)

Me too but I'm still struggling....9 days had been my longest most recent ly

I wish you the best of luck with it! You'll be okay!

1. Complete at least 80% of my long-term todo list items for WTM.org, and make it big enough to populate a conference by this time next year. TONS of new site features in the works for 2012. I'm taking a light class load and I've got both days on the weekend now. I'm ready to DO THIS.

2. Help the software company I work for grow and prosper in a whole new way. A third of our full time staff died in the last 45 days, including our CEO. Now us techy kids are running the show, which gives me a lot more responsibility. But I work with some of my smartest, best friends and we have lots of good plans.

3. Have my upper teeth redone. I had a smile makeover last year and I've never really been happy with the shade.

4. Register on time for Summer and Fall semesters so I can actually get decent classes.

5. Get back in shape without breaking out. I have to maintain a delicate balance between sweat and skincare, because I only break out when I exercise. So for a while I just stopped exercising (because I'd rather have clear skin and a few extra pounds than have to fight my face every morning), but that's killing me. It's my natural state to be very in shape, and I love running, etc. Now thanks to my awesome doctor I think I've found a routine that will let me work out and keep my face clear for at least 6 months.

wow, Mark! These all sound pretty awesome (especially #1! ;) yay!) Best of luck to you and I'm sure all your hard work will pay off!

Well my plans

1. Go to germany

2. Get my AA in honors

3. Do my Bachelors in a yr instead of 2

4. Work full time while doing my bachelors at one of my friends restaurants

5. Do my senior internship at my dream hotel

6. Get hired by them and work a year their pay off my loans.

7. Move to hawiia

8. Move to australia

9. Find dream girl

10. Never forget about god and my family!

Yep, I promised you a conference, and I'm going to try my best to deliver on that! ;)

We've actually got some good conference officers already. You can help plan it, seeflo can help with the food, and Leng can illustrate the banners. :lol:

I'm in!! :DD whoot woo!

Well my plans

1. Go to germany

2. Get my AA in honors

3. Do my Bachelors in a yr instead of 2

4. Work full time while doing my bachelors at one of my friends restaurants

5. Do my senior internship at my dream hotel

6. Get hired by them and work a year their pay off my loans.

7. Move to hawiia

8. Move to australia

9. Find dream girl

10. Never forget about god and my family!

:) You can do it, Seeflo! I know you can!

@Mark and Sally: Yeah...after a year off, I've fallen back into THAT thing twice. Once at the end of the last year and once this new year. If it feels crappy after keeping away from it for 55 days, think about adding 305 days to that and then trip up. The thing is, I know exactly the reasons why I fell back. It has to do with that little voice in my head that tells me it's hopeless...that'll I never (and I know this sounds melodramatic...but it made waaaay too much sense to me at the times that I've slipped up) find the one. It's not so much the 'OMG, I'm gonna die a virgin' deal, but the plain and simple desire to see something that's remotely real and not images in my head, with no emotions attached to them. The only thing that gives me hope right now is that I got through a year without this, so I have shown that I can do it (i.e. abstain from such a thing). Just gotta get busy again and focus on the positives in my life. The really scary thing is that, sub-consciously it seems that I've begun to return to my old view of this as somehow normal...that I'm getting my fill through unnatural means (that I viewed as natural after a time in the rut i got myself into). I refuse to view myself as an addict (was away from this for a year, with stints lasting from a week to a month or more, before I finally made a dash for it and made it to the big 365...and then tripped right at the finish line, lol). If I viewed myself as an addict, especially at this point, I'd have even more fuel for the negativity that led me here, though I still do have this problem to face. Besides, I got into this as the lesser of two evils (either the PMO cycle, as some have called it...or it would've been fornication). I guess I'm still transitioning out of that phase of Life. Anywho, I guess I'll have to add this to my New Year's Resolution list, though secretly...it's the nature of the game, eh? I wish the both of you success in attaining this resolution, as it will seriously help in the 'waiting' part of WTM.

@OneHappyGirl: C and C++ are computer languages, typically seen as the benchmark languages in the gaming industry (especially C++). Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you gain success as well.

@Mike: Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully this change will help me, when facing my inner demons and help pave the way for a better future. And same to you, as far as the success part is concerned.

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

Edited by Tempest Desh