Lorraine

Sleeping together before marriage

72 posts in this topic

Well, " kissing ", " cuddling ", " holding hands ", and " sleeping in the same bed " are just the beginning of what you call " sex " !

"sex " ? Interesting ! Like " six " ! six six six ! You do the maths !

Three sixes in a row, Half Life 3 confirmed? 

2 people like this

Three sixes in a row, Half Life 3 confirmed?

On page 3? Half Life 3 confirmed.

1 person likes this

Well, " kissing ", " cuddling ", " holding hands ", and " sleeping in the same bed " are just the beginning of what you call " sex " !

I have no clue what that even means...

I have to laugh though at the thought of holding hands being the beginning of sex...gimme a break

Kailey I agree 110%. I could care less what people think about me sleeping in the same bed as Sally. They can go jump off a bridge I really don't care. Our waiting is between her and I; period, end of story.

7 people like this

What works for some won't work for others. Some couples can be perfectly fine with this, others can't. And understandably so since we as people are different from each other in some way or another no matter how big or small, so are couples.

1 person likes this

you are forgetting about asexuals... They can do all that stuff and many do without any of it leading to sex because they aren't interested. I have done all of that and it hasn't lead to anything like sex because I have zero interest right now as does my boyfriend!

1 person likes this

Really ? Did you never hear about the number of the beast ?

The question is : Should humans behave like beasts, or like humans made at the image of God ?

Darwinism teaches humans are big monkeys. Monkeys ? Interesting ! Like the three monkeys !

Darwinism teaches : See no truth, hear no truth, and speak no truth !

With the poking fun you did on my previous serious comment, you do the maths !

I don't see much more than a person disrespecting and slamming others views.
2 people like this

What is the beginning of " sex " then ? Aren't there the preliminaries first ?

I'd say whenever the genitals get involved; that's the beginning of sex.

5 people like this

I would say foreplay is the start of the sex.

3 people like this

Of course, if you are okay with fornication and adultery, you would falsely accuse me of being judgmental and hateful, that's perfectly understandable. What you said is perfectly valid with your sarcastic attacks and false accusations.

Not everyone shares your opinions. You don't seem to understand that, you're going after other members opinions based on how they live their lives, I can respect a man with different opinions, but I will not respect one who tries to force their opinions as facts onto other people and judge them so harshly.

6 people like this

I don't know if you are a Christian believer, but if you are one, the relationship you have with Sally is a gift from Heaven, so it's not " between her and you " only ! It's between you, Christ , and her ! Christ should be the center of your relationship.

Listen, wishing me to jump off the bridge is a clear evidence you don't have Christ in the center of your relationship yet.

For if it was the case, you would not wish me to jump off the bridge.  Funny thing is, I already thought to do it many thousands times when I was in Switzerland as an adolescent and a young adult. And I knew a friend, a woman, who"jumped off the bridge " in Switzerland. I was not there in Switzerland when it happened, and I wished I could have changed her mind.

I feel very sad about what she did sometimes, but I'm sure the Lord have mercy on her and is comforting her right now in Heaven...

I don't know why I tell you this whereas  you told me to " jump off the bridge " like my friend already did, maybe I'm too optimistic about people, or maybe I'm a useless dreamer...

I don't agree with waiting too much time before getting married though, waiting years for nothing is unhealthy and is not the Will of God. The faster a happy couple get married, the better. It's better to get married than to burn with passion.

Get lost dude. People like you give waiters a bad reputation.

2 people like this

^ Exactly... seriously, I came here to get away from people like him. You, Roy, are starting to sound like one of my really abusive teachers from my cult of a Christian high school and honestly, I'd rather go to Hell since it sounds much nicer if God is anything like you to be blunt. 

btw, if you think kissing, holding hands, hugging and sleeping together is sex, I did all of those things with my parents and family members so in your eyes, I must be some sort of incestuous whore. I guess what I'm saying is those activities don't have to be sexual or lead to sex or even ARE sex, even with people you love dearly.

7 people like this

I agree that it's best to not worry about what others think of your relationship. I mean, people might assume you're having sex if you sleep in the same bed, but, honestly, people are going to assume you're having sex simply if they know you've been dating someone for a few months (unless you're very open and very explicit about being a waiter). Either way, it's really not a big deal, I don't think.

7 people like this

Agree, people will think you have sex whenever you are in a relationship unless you explicitly tell people you are a waiter. Nobody thinks you just sleep in the same bed and not everything has to be about sex

2 people like this

@Roy. I can see where you're coming from (a fundamental Christian faith). Honestly, if I were still a Christian, I would probably not be able to make out passionately or sleep in the same bed as my girlfriend and feel justified. Making out is arousing, really arousing. I've never slept in the same bed as a girlfriend, but I imagine it would be very intimate and also arousing. That said, there are a lot of different views on this site and stating yours as facts will often get you harsh reactions (not that I think harsh reactions are always justified.) I think it would help you get along with everyone here if you used qualifiers, like, "I believe," or "I feel that," etc. Not everyone here is a Chrisitian, and not every Christian here is fundamental or strict. If you want to convince the Christians they need to be more strict, then do that in the religious section.

Also, though I'm sorry about your friend, projecting some kind of ill-intent onto dodgedude for using a common phrase simply meant to convey a lack of caring is unfair.

5 people like this

To the believers in Christ, I encourage you all with this verse:

"Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted." Galatians 6:1

As much as I, in all my imperfections, am tempted to take sides out of a sense of misplaced loyalty, I feel compelled to take a step back and acknowledge that there is not a lot of "spirit of gentleness" going around from multiple fronts. I'll be the first to admit that I am guilty of that. I am now humbly coming before you all to warn all of you in love to examine ourselves. We are called to speak truth, but we also run the risk of sounding like Pharisees and being self-righteous. When we do so, we are ironically shaming the name of Jesus.

So let's please keep things civil and discuss in a way that respects others' views otherwise I'm locking this thread. Thank you.

6 people like this

I believe that it's so, so intimate to sleep in the arms of the one you love. It is the nicest feeling. But I would limit it to once (sometimes twice) a week so the novelty doesn't wear off and you don't get too comfortable. I don't know about you guys, but I cannot wait until marriage to do everything! I think kissing, holding hands, being physically affectionate, and sleeping in the same bed with the one you love helps perpetuate love without having to give it up. I need some kind of physical intimacy, especially since it could be months (maybe even a year...) before we get married. 

4 people like this

I don't know about you guys, but I cannot wait until marriage to do everything! I

I'm not entirely sure how much I would be willing to do before marriage. I know I don't want to sleep together before marriage, but I don't know exactly how far I would go with kissing and touching. I know it's not very far, but I'm not quite sure just how much of a Puritan I am (kidding....for the most part).

1 person likes this

but I cannot wait until marriage to do everything! I think kissing, holding hands, being physically affectionate, and sleeping in the same bed with the one you love helps perpetuate love without having to give it up.

I agree that waiting till marriage is good but as you said, there needs to be some physical intimacy of holding hands and kissing before the big day.

i think it depends on the person. I can cuddle in a bed with out thinking about sex. to me it's just like i'm wearing a blanket. But if it's to much for the other person then we don't have to do it. 

2 people like this

I agree that it's best to not worry about what others think of your relationship. I mean, people might assume you're having sex if you sleep in the same bed, but, honestly, people are going to assume you're having sex simply if they know you've been dating someone for a few months (unless you're very open and very explicit about being a waiter). Either way, it's really not a big deal, I don't think.

Dead on! It's really sad what some people see as waiting for a long time. It's most important to stay true to your own values and be happy with your decisions rather than following the timeline of society's expectations.

4 people like this

Agreed.

1 person likes this

Phillip and I don't ever-that's one of our rules. Since we're still pretty young, we both agreed that it would be too difficult for us not to do anything. Besides, we both live with our parents, and don't want anybody assuming the worst of us.