Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Olivier

Courtship Stories

8 posts in this topic

I like courtship stories but I like to take things slower, that scares me pretty much make a marriage type commitment up front. I like to go on some dates, see how it goes, let it naturally progress, be officially a couple, and date for however long until we wanna get married. And is want at least a 6 month engagement. Maybe a year...who knows, right?!?

I see what you're saying, Sally. The lengths of courtships vary though. Yes, many of them are "quick" but some of them do take longer. The biggest thing is that the man and woman focus on God's plans.

1 person likes this

True. But why not date/be in a committed relationship and see if God is leading you towards engagement? Their version seems like an unecessary step to me, just MHO.

I didn't mean to get defensive, I just get realky frustrated when other Christian friends try to decide forvme what I "should" or "shouldn't" do. It's like you're not God, and ugh lol

Instead of dating they do courtship. Courtship is their version of dating, or at least that's my understanding.

I guess that kind of answers my question lol...I was thinking that I didn't really understand that site. Personally I think its really cool...for those people that is...I could never imagine doing anything like that. I'm more of a "hey let's date and see where our relationship leads" type of person. But to each their own! They are very cool stories! B)

1 person likes this