Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tatyana

Animal behaviors

6 posts in this topic

For those that have pets do you notice if whether or not your pets take on a certain personality? and if so do you think they can develop personalities from their owner?

My mom has two dogs with two opposite personalities; Coco is super sweet, well behaved, shy  and very careful/ladylike.  Halo is sometimes sweet but evil, she's bratty, always growls and start fights with coco all the time.

I notice little funny things like if its late in the evening and people are up talking, Coco will quietly leave the room to go to sleep, sometimes she gives a look <_< before leaving the room.

Halo on the other hand will growl and bark first and if people continue to talk then she leaves the room.  

And if someone is using is foul language or an angered tone (not towards the dogs) Coco will immediately tip toe out of the room with her ears back and her tail low.  While Halo will come running out to the person and sit next them or try to get into their lap and stare as if she is trying to understand why that person is upset. And the foul language doesnt have to be in an angered tone if someone were to just curse in a soft voice Coco will immediately give a disappointed look and walk into another room, she does not like curse words at all, the look she gives is quite funny actually.

1 person likes this

I do believe animals develop their own personality. I also have two dogs that are completely different from one another. One of them is very obedient, quiet, affectionate and she understands everything you tell her. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a human being! She's super intelligent. The other one is the exact opposite. She is wild, disobedient, and always wants everything to go her way. Her redeeming qualities are her playfulness and that she's just so adorable! I love them both to pieces. 

3 people like this

Oh yes ladies.. I've noticed it too.  My bro's spaniel..  [someone gave him the dog as birthday present] and that spaniel has the most hateful personality you can get.  Many people say "awww spaniels are so obedient".. bah not my bro's dog.  He dont like to take a bath.. nor going to the vet.. not even get a hair cut.  Tranquilizers doesn't even put him to sleep.  Very bad dog.  And if he sees someone.. he charge towards them.  He even bite your ankles.  

My neighbour... her kid.. is a very very very.. disobedient rascal.  Always teasing my bro's spaniel.  One day when bro and I arrived from work.. this little girly ran out their door.. shouting.. "grandpa.. grandpa..."  and my bro said.. "who's your grandpa!!" and Enzo [bro's spaniel] goes berserk.. I thought [while opening the door]... "enzo.. go stretch your legs"... Enzo.. is like a bullet.  In a blink of an eye.. Enzo tackle her from behind.  I shall never forget the girls face when Enzo blasted out the door hehehe.  Her eyes was so big like UFO's.. but shall teach her.  Never again she mocked Enzo. 

My father has a dog .. and this dog of him .. got his attitude.. grumpy.. so yeah.  I believe dogs learn your behaviour.

Oh oh.. take a look at your dog body language.. especially when when he submit to you or you entering his personal space.. they normally roll on their side and lift their leg.. 

1 person likes this

Oh oh.. take a look at your dog body language.. especially when when he submit to you or you entering his personal space.. they normally roll on their side and lift their leg.. 

Oh that means submit? lol I just thought she wanted a belly rub, I dont think Halo submits at all unless we have food.

Oh that means submit? lol I just thought she wanted a belly rub, I dont think Halo submits at all unless we have food.

Hehehehe not really hehehe.  But you can say he's submitting.  For instance... when your dog is in a corner and you want to wash him [but he despises a bath] and just before you reach to pick him up.. he has a tendency to lift his leg.  Because this is a public forum I rather not go into detail.  It's like he is feeling endangered.  

When you took two animals [masculine].  When the one feels endangered by the other or alpha male, he will lift his leg and say "hey!! watch it!!.  you're entering my space"