Britain's Worst Wife

9 posts in this topic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2424680/Britains-worst-wife--shes-proud-Kate-wont-cook-wont-clean-makes-love-husband-works-AND-does-chores-decade.html

I just read this article in total disbelief. I can't believe anyone can be that selfish and self-centred. I also can't believe that her husband, who comes across as a lovely man, would put up with this behaviour! Why bother getting married if you're clearly not willing to put your heart and soul into it?

I agree, I would never be that type of wife and I dont know why selfish people get married... but this is no different than your average (American) marriage today. Frankly this is what many men do, they work and work and work and leave it up to their wives to take care of everything else at home but she gets worst wife because she is a woman.  I forgot we are supposed be hot looking, great cooks, amazing care takers of our children/and husband, while also keeping the house clean, rub our husbands feet when he gets home, while being sweet to everyone, amazing in bed, submissive and maintaining a positive attitude, always smiling, God forbid we neglect too many of those things.

She admits she's selfish he loved her anyway and married her, now he has to deal with it. I would think she would atleast try change for her husband but again she's selfish. I wont be surprised if one day he just decides to call it quits because relationship should be 50/50 if one person is doing much more than the other then that person can become drained and resentful.  But who knows they may stay married for 40+ years whatever works for them people are different.

2 people like this

I don't know about you guys, but have you ever seen the movie, The Room by Tommy Wisseau? Yeeeeah... she looks like Lisa from The Room. (You are tearing me apart Lisa!!!!)

1 person likes this

My question is why in the world she took precious time out of her incredibly busy schedule to write an entire article about how pathetic she is as a wife and mother. I was optimistically expecting her to talk at the end about how she's changed now, but nope. No remorse, no apologies; just lame excuses. 

"This may make me sound selfish, but I'm just being honest." 1.) "May"?! 2.) Your point is? Honesty doesn't make up for unabashed selfishness.

"He even refers to me as the 'household manager' because I'm an expert in the art of delegation." That has to be his passive way of calling her a bitch...

"The truth is that I'm just too busy and involved in my career as a writer to be a traditional, caring wife." "I can't be one extreme, so obviously the opposite extreme is my only option." "I can't be an really friendly person, so that's why I punch anyone that smiles at me." Also, don't have time to care, huh? Lovely.

"I love Ben very much and regard our marriage as happy. And he could never claim breach of contract because he always knew I was a workaholic." "I say we're happy, and he has no right to complain!"

"I rarely cook for him either. Why would I bother when he's so much better at it than I am?" To give him a freaking break!

"But I work hard, too, and that changes everything. While I love my children deeply, wiping noses, bottoms and encrusted beans off the floor doesn't inspire me in the way my work does." Just...ugh.

"Does that make me a selfish, slovenly, neglectful wife? Probably - but it also makes me a happier one." "And as you can tell, that's all I care about."

Sorry, I was bored..

I feel for the husband and the kids. At least the kids have their dad to nurture and provide. I wonder if the husband has someone, and that's why he is apparently so chill about his lack of what can really be called a wife. Also, the article would have been just as disgusting coming from a selfish husband.

1 person likes this

"I just can't do the subservient partner thing"

Being a loving, caring, affectionate wife is "subservient"?

2 people like this

Smh <_< I'm surprised she was willing to have kids and go through labor. Poor, poor husband and children. They deserve so much better!  

1 person likes this

He should learn to say no and I was not surprised they lived in Twickenham. One if the richest boroughs in London.