Guest Princess Victoria

when you get married.....

19 posts in this topic

what kind of contraception will you use? or will you not use any? what are your thoughts on natural family planning? 

when i get married i dont want to use any contraception because i know that i will want to become pregnant right away. but after that i dont know. i dont want to use any artificial hormones. and i hate needles!!! so i will probably just go with lubricated condoms if my husband and i dont want to pop out kids every year. 

I wouldn't use contraception...I'd have a discussion with my future fiance'/husband that went something like this......"Honey.....how do you feel about having kids.....cause I'm SO not good at taking Rx regularly....so we're gonna try this the natural way!" Giggles! Plus, in all truth I would love to be pregnant about a year after we've been married....I'm also of a mind, whenever God sees fit to bless us with a child! I'd be happy either way!!!!!

1 person likes this

I would like to use Natural Family Planning. It is completely natural and environmentally friendly. It has no damaging side effects and doesn't require the consumption of drugs nor the use of devices that could be potentially harmful. Also, NFP allows you to be more in tune with your body and is 90% to 98% effective when practiced correctly.

The only disadvantage I see in this method is that you have to abstain from having sex for a week (or more, depending on the cycle). I guess a condom can be used during this time, although I’m not too keen on using one. All in all, this is the method that I like the most and the one that I've seen has more pros than cons.

5 people like this

I wouldn't use contraception...I'd have a discussion with my fiance'/husband that went something like this......"Honey.....how do you feel about having kids.....cause I'm SO not good at taking Rx regularly....so we're gonna try this the natural way!" Giggles! Plus, in all truth I would love to be pregnant about a year after we've been married....I'm also of a mind, whenever God sees fit to bless us with a child! I'd be happy either way!!!!!

you're getting married?! im so excited for you! congrats! 

you're getting married?! im so excited for you! congrats!

LOL!!! No, I'm not engaged Princess Victoria!!! That is a future scenario!!!! I'm still yet single! Giggles!! I guess I need to edit that & put "FUTURE"! HA!

Well, the pill mainly due to my endometriosis. I'm currently taking it right now in order to perserve my fertility. It's primary use is more of a type of hormone therapy than anything right now. 

There will be no hormonal birth control in my marriage unless there is a medical need. That stuff can have serious effects on the woman's body ranging from raising the risk of breast cancer, accidental abortion, loss of sex drive and everything in between. I'm actually a huge fan of the idea of NFP. The only issue I have is like Sarah said, it can mean no sex for a week or longer. My sister explained that it could sometimes be 3 weeks of the month with no sex!!! :( That's not even factoring days where one person isn't in the mood or is sick or something. Dang, it's beginning to sound like not such a good idea anymore....

1 person likes this

I would consider any birth control she felt comfortable with, if hormonal BC worked for her then great, if not I'd encourage her to find a hormonal BC that does work since there are many different kinds. I'd try the natural method, but I just can't get the feeling out of my head that it wouldn't feel safe, even though it is. I'd even consider a vasectomy and just freeze microscopic Josh's and Joshette's for future use.

I'd try the natural method, but I just can't get the feeling out of my head that it wouldn't feel safe...

I blame big pharmaceutical companies for this feeling...I hear it from guys (and girls) way too often. I feel like people have been brainwashed to believe that hormonal contraceptives are the only "safe" way. 

I know I sound all dramatic here, but you'd be surprised to learn how much corruption and greed there is in big pharma...

6 people like this

I blame big pharmaceutical companies for this feeling...I hear it from guys (and girls) way too often. I feel like people have been brainwashed to believe that hormonal contraceptives are the only "safe" way. 

I know I sound all dramatic here, but you'd be surprised to learn how much corruption and greed there is in big pharma...

Corruption and greed exist wherever a human being has been granted considerable power/authority.

when i get married i dont want to use any contraception because i know that i will want to become pregnant right away. but after that i dont know. i dont want to use any artificial hormones. and i hate needles!!! so i will probably just go with lubricated condoms if my husband and i dont want to pop out kids every year.

Your husband will be one lucky guy. :)

I hope the male birth control pill comes out by the time I'm married. I would probably want to always use two types, as I would be paranoid about her getting pregnant. I would consdier NFP as the second choice, but others have already mentioned the drawbacks of it. Maybe she would take the birth control pill, as well, depending on if it has bad side effects for her or not.

I've heard promising things about a male birth control pill, more effective, minimal side effects. Plus it makes more sense to "shoot an unloaded gun, than fire a loaded one at a bullet proof vest" :P

I hope the male birth control pill comes out by the time I'm married. I would probably want to always use two types, as I would be paranoid about her getting pregnant. I would consdier NFP as the second choice, but others have already mentioned the drawbacks of it. Maybe she would take the birth control pill, as well, depending on if it has bad side effects for her or not.

wny:

you can't combine the fertility awareness method with the pill, because the whole point of NFP is that you track when you're ovulating...with BCP you don't ovulate at all.

The only drawback to the FAM (in my opinion) is that there's ~8 days where you have to abstain or use a barrier method. It also takes ~2 minutes/day to record you temperature and fertility signs, and I guess some people don't like the hassle. 

(I don't know much about male BCPs though--who knows, maybe that will be a good solution!)

I don't want to use any sort of contraception when I'm married. It's simply unnatural. Sex feels better without it. Of course I don't want to pop out kids like I'm trying to break some sort of record. I don't know much about nfp, but I definitely prefer that over using drugs or material to prevent pregnancy. I would never take drugs to prevent ejaculation. I hate putting any drugs in my system.

1 person likes this

I don't think I would use bc, I'm not messing with my hormones. Probably condoms and NFP but you have to keep track of things, something that I am not good at lol.

1 person likes this

I would use NFP preferably because I know my wife would want kids and use condoms for the times she wanted casual sex. 

1 person likes this

NFP when she is fertile then condoms.

Obviously, I only want 1-3 kids but I want to have sex at least once a day. I dont wanna pop out 100 kids.

1 person likes this