Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pits9x6

How can I wait?

7 posts in this topic

So, I'm a male (obvs huney), but I don't know how I can wait until mariage. The main problem is that I fall in love with other men, but since same-sex marriage is illegal in my state I can't wait until marriage.

I really want to wait to have sex with someone I love. Thank you all for your support.

Wow, thank you so much. I mean, I hate to speak for the entirely community, but I think that it depends on who you associate with. Certainly, the bar scene is mostly about "hooking up" but isn't that true in the straight world too? I mean, look at the countless stories of same-sex couples who have been together for 50+ years.

Well, I'm glad to hear about your brother; that there are more out there like me. Honestly, I think it comes down to validating monogamy as a legitimate way to relate to a lover. I'm reminded of this article:

Wondering... Gay Culture is Dead (warning, there's a moderately NSFW picture at the top... not for the faint of heart...)

Basically, if I might summarize it, he's saying that gay culture used to be awesome because everyone could have freaky sex without consequences. Unfortunately, all of that changed since the 70s and now he's mad that he has to consider the consequences of unprotected casual sex. Even the concept of gay marriage gets his knickers in a twist because it means the death of casual sex. To me there's a big difference between "Gay Culture" and "Free Love." However, I don't think the "community" at large has made this distinction yet, because everybody knows that being gay is about who you lay and not who you love. (That last bit was sarcasm.)

So, I'm a male (obvs huney), but I don't know how I can wait until mariage. The main problem is that I fall in love with other men, but since same-sex marriage is illegal in my state I can't wait until marriage.

I really want to wait to have sex with someone I love. Thank you all for your support.

Hey,

My sister & I were talking about your situation. She's known gay guys who are waiters. One even referred to himself as "a good boy." Lol. We would encourage you to hang-in there & wait.

I would ask you why you want to wait till marriage? What inspired you to make that decision? And, I still encourage you to stick to it. Btw, I don't know if this means anything, but I'll be 30 this year, & I've never even kissed a boy. I haven't died from sex deprivation or anything like that. Lol. From your page, it looks like you're young. I would say get out there & see the world, learn more about yourself & who you are as an individual before you commit to anyone or anything. Cuz, that's what I'm doing, & I love it.

And, I still encourage you to stick to it. Btw, I don't know if this means anything, but I'll be 30 this year, & I've never even kissed a boy. I haven't died from sex deprivation or anything like that. Lol. From your page, it looks like you're young. I would say get out there & see the world, learn more about yourself & who you are as an individual before you commit to anyone or anything. Cuz, that's what I'm doing, & I love it.

Abi!! I'm telling you the more I learn about you the more awesome I think you are! Wow-that's impressive!!!! & I'm pretty sure I read somewhere here on one of your posts that you said you're in med. school I believe and around doctors? (Or maybe I'm wrong but in case I'm not)well if that's true I think your pretty awesome because I know a lot of male Doctors are very handsome. lol wow that is just too cool!

Sorry to thread-jack, but for realz?! Hook me up! I would KILL to interview a gay waiter. I really want to do an article on "Waiting till Marriage in the Gay Community" but I need to find some good people to talk to about it.

If your sister is in contact with them, please see if they're interested in answering some questions (no problem if they want to do it anonymously).

I'll ask & let you know. I do know some people in the gay community, but I don't know any who are openly waiting.

Abi!! I'm telling you the more I learn about you the more awesome I think you are! Wow-that's impressive!!!! & I'm pretty sure I read somewhere here on one of your posts that you said you're in med. school I believe and around doctors? (Or maybe I'm wrong but in case I'm not)well if that's true I think your pretty awesome because I know a lot of male Doctors are very handsome. lol wow that is just too cool!

There are some cute doctors. Lol.