Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sunny

Would You Allow Your Wife To Groom You?

26 posts in this topic

So I've recently been learning about men's stuff via youtube and such, like how to cut and style men's hair, how to trim and line facial hair, how to use straight razors, clippers, etc. so I can take care of my husband or even son(s) if I have any.

Is that something your would like or allow assuming she's at least decent at it?

I know it kinda sounds bad to intrust a woman to do those things when you've probably been doing it for half of your life or longer.

Also, do you think you could ever groom her? Not anything complicated. Like for example applying lotion to her, painting her toes?  Or if her hands are busy/dirty would you pull her hair into a ponytail, or if she has like rollers or curl formers in her hair would you help her take them down? Stuff like that.

4 people like this

I wouldn't mind her messing with my hair as long as she's good at it! And I wouldn't mind repaying the grooming type favors to her, anything for them!

4 people like this

I don't see why not. Doing that kind of stuff for each other would make for nice bonding time, I would think. I'd definitely be all for her cutting my hair. It would save money and I've never liked going to barber shops. I have dry skin that requires regular lotion, a chore I'd gladly hand over to her. lol. As for her, I'd welcome any excuse to have my hands in her hair or on her body :lol:

6 people like this

I think it would be fun! I know how to blow dry and straighten hair as well, did that on myself when I had long hair. Will do so again when I grow it out! It can be something fun to do with her. I wouldn't mind her doing it either, as long as she knows what she is doing. It can be something we do to grow closer as a couple. To me, that is something sweet and intimate. :)

Imagine you can make her feel like a queen, cook her a fine meal, do her hair, paint her nails, putting lotion on her, guarantee that she will love it and reciprocate in turn! :D

2 people like this

I would definitely left my wife cut my hair, it grows really fast and I hate going out to get it cut. Like right now haven’t gotten my hair cut in a couple of months, and I already look like Shaggy. I can shave myself; I don’t want anyone besides myself getting close to my face with a razor. I could help her with her hair, but I wouldn't paint her toenails because toenail polish fumes make me dizzy. 

2 people like this

I think it would be fun! I know how to blow dry and straighten hair as well, did that on myself when I had long hair. Will do so again when I grow it out! It can be something fun to do with her. I wouldn't mind her doing it either, as long as she knows what she is doing. It can be something we do to grow closer as a couple. To me, that is something sweet and intimate. :)

Imagine you can make her feel like a queen, cook her a fine meal, do her hair, paint her nails, putting lotion on her, guarantee that she will love it and reciprocate in turn! :D

:o Wow that's impressive.

If my husband  knew how to do that it would be so much help  considering it can take up to 3 hours for the whole process of detangling, blow drying, and straightening (I have long thick very curly hair so its difficult to manage).

I never thought about if my husband would have long hair. That would be interesting. Guys with long hair always have nicer healthier hair than girls! Its no fair :lol:

4 people like this

I'm recalling that scene from the movie Phenomenon with John Travolta.

When Kyra Sedgwick, when her character gives old George a straight razor shave and even a hair cut.

Though of course they weren't married, however that scene as depicted is supposed to show Kyra's character developing a trust and feekings for George by demonstrating her caring heart. And opening that part of herself to him, after likely a painful separation and divorce.

Romantic, touching and trustful, ....Love!

2 people like this

If she knows how to cut hair and stuff, sure she can do it! And I'll gladly groom her...as long as she teaches me how.

1 person likes this

Im brave enough to have let my mom cut my hair...so this wont be anything new...wife can also make the carpet match the drapes ;)

I also have a thing for having my ears cleaned by someone else...and of course I wouldn't mind doing anything to my wife

Yes sure. I'd probably fall asleep while she is busy with my hair.

1 person likes this

Eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!! I hope my future husband lets me groom him and dress him up!!!! I loooove doing that! Everytime my fiance and I are going out somewhere like to Church or a family function etc and if we happen to be hanging out I ask if I can groom him! Like pretend to be his hairdresser then pick out his outfits! I looooove it and so does he! lol He enjoys it so much he's always asking me to do his hair and such he doesn't like doing his own now! lol Love being a girl :wub: â™¥

6 people like this

You know my girlfriend does it all the time, especially to my fro! She trims it to get rid of the split ends. I didn't always use to be this comfortable though, so it's something that I think definitely takes time. Keep that in mind : )

1 person likes this

Eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!! I hope my future husband lets me groom him and dress him up!!!! I loooove doing that! Everytime my fiance and I are going out somewhere like to Church or a family function etc and if we happen to be hanging out I ask if I can groom him! Like pretend to be his hairdresser then pick out his outfits! I looooove it and so does he! lol He enjoys it so much he's always asking me to do his hair and such he doesn't like doing his own now! lol Love being a girl :wub: â™¥

I love your enthusiasm ^_^

I would love to have my wife to cut my hair (saves from going to a barber)! I would help her with her hair as best as I could.

1 person likes this

My friend and I were talking about this last night after dinner.

He is very particular about his appearance. He is very well groomed and always fashionably dressed. 

Someone asked him yesterday if he lets his girl pick out his clothes...lol

he was like "nawwwwww"

He wouldn't let any woman pick out his clothes and tell him what he was wearing,

but when we are out shopping he does ALWAYS ask my opinion and seeks my approval.  

I love it!

I would love to be able to cut his hair too.

He keeps it very short but is VERY particular about how it is cut. My only experience with cutting hair was buzz cutting my boys hair when they were little. Being that he is AA, I have never had any experience with his hair type. Ya'll have given me a great idea though. Perhaps it's time I learn! I'm willing to bet he would love it, and I like the bonding idea.

Sorry that I bombed the Ask the Guys thread once again! This is a great topic, I couldn't help myself!

Someone asked him yesterday if he lets his girl pick out his clothes...lol

he was like "nawwwwww"

He wouldn't let any woman pick out his clothes and tell him what he was wearing,

but when we are out shopping he does ALWAYS ask my opinion and seeks my approval.  

My Dad lets my Stepmom pick out the dress clothes for him to wear on Sundays sometimes.

2 people like this

This is very intriguing! Pretty cool! :-)

My mom does my dad's hair and nephews.... I would love to be with a guy who wouldn't mind this! I'm also going to school for massage therapy so washing my courter's or husband's hair giving him a scalp massage and a nice trim would be awesome!:-)

3 people like this

I wouldn't mind it at all if my wife groomed me.  As for grooming her, I would do it. 

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Slayerofdragon said:

I wouldn't mind it at all if my wife groomed me.  As for grooming her, I would do it. 

Better hope she likes that sort of thing haha. 

1 person likes this

I would have no objections to any of this. I think it would be quite nice, actually! Except for the toenail polish stuff. I hate the smell of that stuff, so it would have to be in a well-ventilated area if at all! Speaking of toenail polish, haha, I've actually had a friend of mine paint mine once. Her boyfriend refused to let her to it to him but he said that if I let her paint mine, she could paint his too. He was so sure I wouldn't let her but when I heard about the background it was a done deal! I'll admit, I felt a bit self-conscious walking around with purple painted toenails :superwaiter::superwaiter:

I doubt my hairdressing skills would be good enough to cut my wife's hair unless maybe trimming split ends. I wouldn't mind her picking out outfits (as long as its not a controlling thing), she'll likely have a far superior fashion sense and I won't have to worry about matching her :) When it comes to a straight razor though :unsure:...lets just say she'd have to have some skills. There's a reason Aussie gangs used to use them as weapons back in the day!

All the stuff discussed so far is pretty tame though. How would you guys feel about your partner wanting to clean up any pimples you might have? I know a lady who loves doing it though her husband doesn't like receiving. Apparently he doesn't have enough pimples....:lol::lol:

1 person likes this

Well, somebody's got to do the grooming, and I can't reach the back hair, so.