Piper

What's the rudest thing someone's ever said to you

23 posts in this topic

...in relationship to your decision to WTM. A friend told me today that I would never be able to get a guy to stick around if I wasn't sleeping with him, and genuinely did not mean it to be insulting whatsoever. So, out of morbid curiosity, what's the rudest thing (well-intentioned or not) you've ever heard from someone who knew you were waiting?

3 people like this

Well I haven't been told any truly rude things about my decision, one of my friends doesn't like my decision but leaves me alone about it. But another friend, he has 100% convinced himself that I am gay and constantly bugs me about it, he doesn't mean anything bad about it but still.

Oh something to add! I actually have been told something rude before but not by anyone I know just over the interwebs, she said that "A real man won't make a woman wait"

1 person likes this

I was told that the only reason why a guy will date a single mom is for her boobs.  Other than that, there is no point for a guy to pursue a single mom.

A so called friend of mine called me a "no man show" just because I couldn't attend his stupid birthday and I told him if I can't make it, its due to work that I must complete first. Work first .. social later.

Other rudest things .. people said .. I was gay because when my bro dated his girlfriend. Her brother [which is gay] was like a fly all around me And everywhere I was, he was there.

Other one is when a ex girlfriend and her mother make fun of your skin tone and height [which I founded rude]

no ones really been rude to me on my decision to wait but there is one occasion that someone said the most harsh statement ive heard to me and ill never forget it. someone once said "your a waste of human flesh" right to my face.

well a girl i was going out with a whiel back, after she founded out i was waiting and told her no on various occasions said i was the gayest man she ever met since even she(she was purty) couldnt get me to have sex with her

1 person likes this

"So when you gonna let me tap that?" lol

One of my guy friends in high school used to say this to me as sort of a greeting lol

He was one of the very few people who knew about my virginity at the time (I wasn't very open about it in high school)

I obviously knew he was joking so it didn't make me upset or anything but he got zero love from me needless to say lol

A friend told me today that I would never be able to get a guy to stick around if I wasn't sleeping with him, and genuinely did not mean it to be insulting whatsoever.

awww *hugs* thats horrible for a friend to say...

So far I havent been told anything rude about my decision to WTM when I tell men they respect my decision...girls however are different so far when I discuss my decision they tell me I should stick to WTM and they give me the run down...but a friend of mine who doesnt know Im WTM told me I'd be alone forever and become a cat lady :(  She said that because of my bad luck with men and Im always single...what a great friend ^_^

The guy didn't tell me personally, but he told his friend who then told me. "I want to date her but I know I'd just cheat on her if we weren't having sex". 

While it was terrible hearing it from his friend, I think it would've been way worst hearing it from him. 

Her: "How can anyone stand to be with you?" [without sex]

Me: "Um...they like me I guess?"

There was not a second date.

FWIW: I wouldn't normally bring up waiting on the first date, but my friends had told me that this particular girl was waiting too (so I thought it was a safe topic). My friends were very mistaken. :lol:

What a sad world we live in where people cannot find value in others and themselves without sex.

3 people like this

Agreed! It just blows my mind what people think it's okay to say to you.

1 person likes this

I've been told I'm unrealistic for thinking I can still wait until marriage while being in a long-term relationship. I'd have to say the rudest thing was when an old high school friend said that my boyfriend and I didn't love each other enough to "take our relationship to the next level".

2 people like this

I've been told I'm unrealistic for thinking I can still wait until marriage while being in a long-term relationship. I'd have to say the rudest thing was when an old high school friend said that my boyfriend and I didn't love each other enough to "take our relationship to the next level".

I've heard that before, I've also heard "not mature enough to take it to the next level" Because they're waiting.

2 people like this

awww *hugs* thats horrible for a friend to say...

So far I havent been told anything rude about my decision to WTM when I tell men they respect my decision...girls however are different so far when I discuss my decision they tell me I should stick to WTM and they give me the run down...but a friend of mine who doesnt know Im WTM told me I'd be alone forever and become a cat lady :(  She said that because of my bad luck with men and Im always single...what a great friend ^_^

Lemme tell you something. The one's who think they are entitled to do as they please with no regards to anyone else are the women who become cat ladies. Think about it; they have that deep-seated need for attention/validation from men, and indulge this all throughout there twenties. But come say, 30--that biological clock's ticking, and their looks (which have basically become their identity) fade and bam! their invisible to the "studs" they lusted after. Thus a cat lady is born, going through her daily monotony, constantly asking, "Where are all the nice guys?!" (read: "Where are all the guys who fit my skewed standards and expectations?!")

"Alone forever." That's rich. Seems to me few people know honor and respect these days.

3 people like this

Girl I dated previously..."I wished you'd just go have sex with someone else first. I could never do it with someone who never has."

We broke up later that evening lol.

3 people like this

The guy didn't tell me personally, but he told his friend who then told me. "I want to date her but I know I'd just cheat on her if we weren't having sex". 

While it was terrible hearing it from his friend, I think it would've been way worst hearing it from him. 

Don't feel bad. You dodged a bullet. Can't waste time on people with wasteful attitudes.

4 people like this

I've yet to have been really harped on for my decision, but it will happen. Luckily, I am fully equipped to deal with it, emotionally.

Girl I dated previously..."I wished you'd just go have sex with someone else first. I could never do it with someone who never has."We broke up later that evening lol.

I read something similar online a few weeks ago, a guy was rejected because a girl didn't want to be his 'first'. I don't understand why some people don't want the other to be their first, they just expect them to be good right away so no learning, selfish I guess, only want pleasure right away.

2 people like this

Hm...rudest thing. Well my dad called me obese. I am a size 12-14, but that is not obese. my mom loves to criticize my personality and tell me it is "unattractive," as if I give a damn about what she thinks about my personality (I'm not racist, homophobic, intolerant, I don't swear...I'm just very stubborn and opinionated.)

1 person likes this

Nobody has been rude to me because I dare not share my decision with others. The people I work with I'd consider to be my friends but I'm afraid how they'd react if they found out I'm waiting till marriage. I keep it to myself. Only a few people know.

I wish someone was rude to me though so I could explain to them my views and values in regards to sex and maybe give them a perspective they haven't considered..

It seems that when someone says "I'm waiting until marriage." the other person hears "I kill babies and am the most insensitive person that has ever lived." You want to talk about an equal turn off? Intolerance. How bad is your life that hearing that someone is waiting until marriage is in the same league as a catastrophic event. We as waiters tend to be doves and respectful of other more so, however, if we needed to be, we could stand up and probably wreak the other person's day by calling them a number of "names". 

I just can't get over that. Waiting until marriage is not even the worst thing we can do with our lives. Granted, you would probably get a less abrupt response if you said "I do cocaine," but oh no! WAITING UNTIL MARRIAGE....... A sad state of affairs,

(Clears throat and raises chin) What's meant to be, will always find a way.

2 people like this

It is weird that rehashing the rude things people have said to me make me feel better about my decision to wait?  :P I can't believe some of the stuff people have said to ya'll though! Haters gonna hate, I guess....

1 person likes this

I actually relive this moment in my head from time to time. It's one of the most hurtful things someone I loved has ever told me, and to be told by an ex-girlfriend(non-virgin) who was also WTM is what hurts the most. My ex and I had got into an argument and feelings may have gotten a little heated. 

She told me I would never find happiness because I didn't know what it takes to be in a serious relationship. She said she could see why my first girlfriend had cheated on me and that I should find another virgin because she couldn't see herself being my first. There were quite a few hurtful things that she said but that has always stayed in my mind.