StayingPure

Biblical Movies

14 posts in this topic

I haven't seen many. I haven't even seen Passion of the Christ yet and I own it lol. I've gone on retreats and the last one I went on, we watched To Save A Life..very good movie imo. It's more of a drama type of thing.

I haven't seen many. I haven't even seen Passion of the Christ yet and I own it lol. I've gone on retreats and the last one I went on, we watched To Save A Life..very good movie imo. It's more of a drama type of thing.

It's really great, I would highly recommend you watch the movie it helps you strengthen your faith as you see the sufferings, the pains, you feel so guilty for all your sins that he did that all for the whole world. The most powerful man on earth who could have called angels to save him, but decided to die the most painful death as it would give us eternal life  :) 

I wouldn't say you should feel guilty man not healthy I struggle with it but I never think that's the intention behind what he did that day.

1 person likes this

I like "The Ten Commandments", the one with Charlton Heston.

I also like the movie "Masada" with Peter Strauss and Peter O'Toole. Although, technically not a biblical movie (it's a historical drama). This miniseries chronicles the rebellion of the Jewish Zealots against Roman rule set in 70 A.D. 

I cried my eyes out with the Passion of the Christ. Another one I liked was "One Night with the King" (Esther's story).

Edit: I like her story because of her courage, strength and faith. I'm against the anti-wtm message of those days though.

I love "The Book of Eli" it has to be one of my favourite movies!

1 person likes this

I've always wanted to watch a biblical movie on the Book of Job but I haven't found any movie on that. Found an anime version and it was only 10 mins lol

I have never felt so sick in my life than when I watched Passion of the Christ. But a movie of that graphicness needed to be made. It's similar to the first 24 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. People needed to see just how violent/ graphic either of those events were to put into perspective what actually happened.

Does The Book of Eli count as a biblical movie? :DD

"Cursed be the ground, for our sake. Both thorns and thistles shall bring forth, for us, for out of the ground we were taken for the dust that we are... and to the dust we shall return."

The aftermath of the quote.... get owned. Those boys should have out their trust in the Lord.