Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Age Gap Marriages

15 posts in this topic

Hey all,

What do you think of age gap marriages? How much gap between the husband and wife do you think should be the maximum or do you think there is no max? And do you believe that the husband shud be older than the wife or the wife older than the husband or same age or doesnt matter?

i don't mind them personal i think that i would want to marry someone older then me, but my father and step mother have 10 years between then and you would not notice because they are so much in love so i dot think it rarely matters if you love someone why would you let age get in the way? :D

as long as its not Hugh Hefner creepy its ok my dad was Quite a bit older than my mom.

but i wouldn't date a guy younger than me because its true what they say girls do matcher faster than guys :D so a prefer guys older than me.

hmmm I personally love age gaps. I'm a girl in college and refuse to date any of the guys I attend school with as they are not old enough. I would def. date a man 5-15 years older than I. I think older men are so sexy and I find them highly attractive. It feels so safe and comforting so I like it. :)

1 person likes this

I wouldn't date older while in college. I feel like we would he in different places/stages of our lives. After college. I'm sure it wouldn't be as big of a deal; prob the older one would be "more established " in their career. I'm 21 now and wouldn't mind 23 but that's about it for noe....im sure that'll change once I'm on my own

I don't find any problem with age differences... as long as the age difference is for genuine reasons. Personally, I don't find much merit in age gap marriages based solely on sex appeal (older partner fancies the attractiveness of the younger partner), but to each their own, I guess. As long as both are in the marriage for reasons important to the both of them, I don't judge. For me personally? As long as it's not an outrageous difference, I could see myself with an older man or a younger one. Come to think of it, I think age would be one of the last matters on my list. As long as we had a connection, understood each other, held similar outlooks on life, and (of course) were deeply in love, I wouldn't think twice about an age gap.

I don't always connect or share a lot of common interests with people my own age (at least the ones I tend to meet on a regular basis) so I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with a man ten years my senior.

As a secondary question... What do you guys think about girls dating/marrying younger guys? I know the popular opinion against it for girls is that females mature faster than males, but what if he were exceedingly mature for his age? Ladies/Gentlemen, would you marry a man younger than you/woman older than you?

The reason behind me saying that is grandparents of mine on both sides being far apart on age and not getting along well. My Nana and pepere got divorced after being married 40 years (married at age 18, starting having kids at 19) and were about 8 years apart. (He's older ) on the other side, my grandmabarb and grandpatt have been married 35 years and bicker much worse than my parents....they are 9 or 10 years apart. ( I can't remeber...and again he's older )

If the age gap is over 10 years, I do find it quite odd. Like Celine Dion's husband is 25 or 26 years older than her. THAT makes me feel kind of sick because she could easily be his daughter. Easily. Yet they are still together, even after all these years (20-something years,) so I find that love to be very beautiful (except the age gap.) So, yeah...anything over 10 years will make me raise my eyebrows, but if the love is 100% real, then that's great.

P.S. My Dad is 12 years older than his girlfriend, but he is 63 and she is 51 so it is not a big deal. They are an awesome couple and even my mom likes her.

P.P.S. I always find it weird when the girl is older because girls are almost always so much more mature and wise than guys (at any age) so why would a 30-year-old girl be into a 20-year-old guy? He must be REALLY mature and wise. Like why does Demi like Ashton? He's hot and seems very sweet and funny, but definitely immature and young-spirited. But like 1-5 years seems okay if she is older.

As a secondary question... What do you guys think about girls dating/marrying younger guys? I know the popular opinion against it for girls is that females mature faster than males, but what if he were exceedingly mature for his age? Ladies/Gentlemen, would you marry a man younger than you/woman older than you?

I personally don't mind girls dating/marrying younger guys. I agree, most people are against it, but if both parties are happy w/it, then there shouldn't be any problem. Also, the girl I like atm is older than me, so that's why I'm hoping as well, lol.

If I'm being honest I do sometimes rolly my eyes at huge gaps ( 15 or more years), but if everyone is legal and of sound mind and in it for the right reasons I can't judge.

For me, I've found my best relationships have been with those close to my age no more than 5 years. I guess it's easier for me to relate to someone from my generation.

Very interesting topic for sure. I don't consider age much of an issue if the couple truly loves one another. Now when Anna Nicole married a 90-something year old man....come on :lol: . But on a more serious note a couple years ago I dated a 30 year old woman...I was 22 and a senior in college. We lasted nearly 7 months and had a lot of good times however it was our personalities that clashed not necessarily the age difference although it was a hurdle. I've always considered myself mature for my age and it definitely taught me a thing or two about relationships as it was the most serious relationship I'd had to that point with any girl let alone a girl 8 years older! I wouldn't hesitate to date with an age gap again...either direction really I feel like if you have a connection with someone you should see where it leads. I've dated older, same age, and younger and can honestly say I have no preference...just depends on the person!

I don't think there's anything wrong with them personally. Actually a 7 year age gap is probably the best for tradional-like couples since the man will most likely be more well established and the woman will be younger so she'll have more child-bearing years ahead of her, etc. Plus they say that girls are more mature than guys their own age.

But personally I would want there to be only a tiny age gap between my hubby and I. I think a guy being only 1-3 years older than me or even the same age would be perfect. I kinda like the idea of my husband and I growing together.

I will not date anyone more than two years younger than me, especially at my current age it can be dangerous. And I won't go more than 4 years older than me.

Up to 10 yrs seems like a pretty lenient age gap for me...I'd prefer a couple to few yrs difference (2-5) and I want him to be older than me for sure. Me being Older than my man would make me feel some type of way. I don't think that's for me.( also want him taller than me and him to be sole provider etc..but if I do make more money it's alright :)..ok done carrying on)