Sophie

If you could be anything in the world...

11 posts in this topic

I would want to be a polyglot!!! A polyglot, for those who don't know, is somebody who speaks 4+ languages. Fluently. It is one of my main goals in life to become a polyglot of Germanic languages...and Japanese and French. I already know German (and English, duh.) And becoming really fluent in French would take me 1 year. Tops. After all, I studied it for 9 years in school. Next on my list is Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Icelandic, and Yiddish. Maybe Finnish, if I have the time.

So yep, I want to be a polyglot! Any polyglots here? Or bilinguals or trilinguals?

What about you?

1 person likes this

I think that sounds really cool, I wouldn't mind being that myself. I am trilingual and I've always been fascinated with other languages and hopefully I'll learn some more some day soon. :)

1 person likes this

I think that sounds really cool, I wouldn't mind being that myself. I am trilingual and I've always been fascinated with other languages and hopefully I'll learn some more some day soon. :)

What three languages do you speak, April?

I'd love to be a polyglot too! But I guess if I could be anything, I'd be a guy who everybody respects and loves!

I would be the seemingly immortal wise old man who lives at the top of a perilous mountain that people make the journey from all over to seek advice from.

1 person likes this

I would want to be a polyglot!!! A polyglot, for those who don't know, is somebody who speaks 4+ languages. Fluently. It is one of my main goals in life to become a polyglot of Germanic languages...and Japanese and French. I already know German (and English, duh.) And becoming really fluent in French would take me 1 year. Tops. After all, I studied it for 9 years in school. Next on my list is Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Icelandic, and Yiddish. Maybe Finnish, if I have the time.

So yep, I want to be a polyglot! Any polyglots here? Or bilinguals or trilinguals?

What about you?

I'm really want to be this too! Working on French now...almost there! Then I plan to do Japanese, Russian, Spanish, and Arabic. I once found an article that tells how long it takes for a native English to learn certain languages. It's based on how the U.S. State Department teaches languages to it's diplomats. If I can find it again I shall post the link. 

But if I could do anything else in the world then I would like to be an Egyptologist and discover more marvelous things in Egypt or a Broadway actress. :D 

Anything? Well this could change depending upon the day, month, hour, but at the present moment when I read this question... I thought I'd like to be a Tree. A nice big redwood tree.

But if you meant staying a human.... a professional harpist. I always wanted to play the harp when I was young, but my parents for whatever reason never encouraged that. But I would have really loved to be a harpist. Maybe I'll get a small harp one day and practice.

2 people like this

All I want to be is a loving husband and father someday. Nothing would make me happier.

6 people like this

I would have the money of a Saudi King, the looks of someone like Chris Hemsworth, keep my personality minus the shyness. There would be no doubt in my mind that my life would be better and I'd easily get married. Money doesn't buy happiness, but it makes it more attainable!

If I could be anything in the world I'd be a better looking wealthier less shy self. 

If I could be anything in the world, I would train for it.  I have already started on many fronts and was able to actually finish pulling off the training for one thing in particular.

I invite everyone to dream big, and I try to give a boost to people who need one to get started whenever I can.

Awesome.  We don't have to live in fantasy; we can do things for real, and reality is so much richer and more interesting.

1 person likes this

I would be the seemingly immortal wise old man who lives at the top of a perilous mountain that people make the journey from all over to seek advice from.

That person is called a "sage."

I just want to be able to pay my bills with my writing.

I'd love to learn Italian, but I always quit studying.

Oh!!! And fencing! I took a fencing class in college, and I think it might have been the ONE athletic activity at which I could have excelled. I would love to learn to fence.