LookingForTheOne

How high is getting married on your list of goals?

24 posts in this topic

The title says it all.

I must admit, getting married (and starting a family) are my biggest goals. What about you?

3 people like this

Yes, getting married and starting a family are my biggest goals too :)! I am a patient woman!

3 people like this

Getting married is my number one goal! It's more important to me than a career, a job, a degree, a house, a car, etc. (Despite the fact that I'll probably need most of those things before I get married, lol)

4 people like this

Getting married used to be high on my list of goals but its not as high up on my list as it used to be since I decided I probably might not ever get married

It has always been my #1 desire in life to be a loving husband and father. I would give anything in the world to achieve that.

5 people like this

Getting married used to be high on my list of goals but its not as high up on my list as it used to be since I decided I probably might not ever get married

So does this mean you are waiting for a loving committed relationship, but not marriage?

So does this mean you are waiting for a loving committed relationship, but not marriage?

It's more of a I've resigned myself to most likely being alone than finding someone and getting married

It's more of a I've resigned myself to most likely being alone than finding someone and getting married

You're only 16, dude. Leave those worries to the older folks :P

To answer the question, same here. Marrying and starting a family are my highest wishes in life.

5 people like this

You're only 16, dude. Leave those worries to the older folks :P

Yeah, I agree with matthew. 16 is so young, you probably don't realize it because you are 16 right now, but you have so many years ahead and so many places you have yet to go where you can meet girls :)!

3 people like this

I think it's about on about the same level as reaching and excelling in my dream career. Both are at the tip top!

1 person likes this

Perty high up :) I would never feel completely happy w my life if I never got married. I want to have that special someone to share my life with more than almost anything

4 people like this

I can't say marriage is my #1 priority. My career and educational goals come way before marriage for because I have to consider the possibility of marriage not happening for me. I have an aunt who at the age of 41 still hasn't gotten married and marriage has been her #1 priority for a long long time and it still hasn't happened for her. I'm 24 and I have yet to go on a date so the possibility of  never being able to get married is very real. I have to build my life so that even if I never marry I'll still be pretty happy...and if marriage happen, well I'll be even more happy and fulfilled.

1 person likes this

I used to think reaching my career goals was most important or at least equally important to starting a family, but after I passed the quarter of the century year (25), I started to re-evaluate why I wasn't feeling as content as I wanted to be... the answer was pretty clear when I took the time to really listen to my heart. I started to realize no job, no matter how much fun it was, could compare to a happy marriage and starting a family. In a way, two years ago is when I finally grew up and realized what was really important to me. So marriage is pretty much at the top of the list, followed by contributing to the world in some way through the work I do and sharing my life with my family and friends.

4 people like this

My first goal in my life is to be sure at the end that I have done what God has wanted of me and that I will be ready to go on to the next life in heaven. Nearly everything is for that purpose.

"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans."

That being said, being married and having a family is my next biggest desire. And God does like to give us the desires of our hearts. My career, while important to me will always come after a good strong marriage and children that I will love like crazy. :)

3 people like this

I would say that career/education and marriage are equal to me. Work is a big part of whether or not people are happy, so I want a career that I will at least somewhat enjoy.

Getting married/starting a family is number one on my list .

Wait...Maybe joint-first place, alongside "Change the world"...

Oh, and "Be a saint", too...Yeah, those are all tied for 1st place...

xxx

4 people like this

I'd have to say getting married and beginning a family , while important to me.

Well its something I have a great desire for (I'm a hopeless romantic!), its like number 2 or 3.

(#1) I agree with NicoleNova above, on two points, first and I chuckled at this, "if I'd like to make God laugh, here's my plan!"

Secondly, I like this Bible verse, 'cause one of my goals is to someday become a "Deacon" in the church 1 Tim 3;1-13

(#2) Career goal; I'd like to make it to a major airline, fly the heavy iron ya know.

Actually fly some international trips, definitely not always the same (boring!)LAS-LAX-LAS...

(#3) To search the four corners of this rock here, and find a woman that knows the definition of the word reciprocity, and marry her.

I'm not sure but maybe, God's chuckling at my plans!

I'd say it's second to or tied with my career goals. It's definitely a huge goal of mine to get married and have a family, but they're not my number one priority at this point in my life.

I would have to say marriage is pretty high up on my list of life goals. I also want to share my life with that special person too, :).

1 person likes this

Right now, I can't think of anything that would make my life more fulfilled, except maybe having a family.

1 person likes this

Very high! It takes the number one spot on my "Things-to-Accomplish" list. Second would be career. Third would be doing something that will help out the world- I really want to make a diference. And fourth would be getting my dream house. Simple things, no? But yes, marriage is permanently at number one. I wouldn't mind living my life as a single woman, but as you grow older and your friends get married and don't see you as frequently, it'll get to be pretty lonely without someone by your side... So I would really like to find my soulmate first and foremost and create a family. <3 

1 person likes this

No. 1 goal :D

Well, only in context of a loving and happy relationship.....dont wanna get married just for the sake of it

5 people like this

I'm only 19, and I want everything--the great career, and a husband, and many children--but I don't believe I can successfully have all of it to the degrees that I expect. If I orient myself more into having a family, I'm foregoing my opportunity in having a successful and lucrative career. If I orient myself into having a career, how can I balance also having the family life that I want? When I say "career," I don't mean making $25.00/hr at the local bank for the rest of my life--I'm probably going to go to the London School of Economics and work in finance or developmental economics. There's not a lot of room for anything else not pertaining to work. 

God, but I do want to be a devoted wife and mother more than anything in the world, though. I guess we'll just see what happens.