loyalhero90

Is thinking about skin color offensive?

73 posts in this topic

I know plenty of White women with that personality, plenty of Black women, plenty of Asian women. Just because they're Mexican doesn't mean they are all like that, they don't all have equal opportunities due to being a minority which is sad in this day and age, they don't obtain proper education or even have decent families to teach them right from wrong.

ok point one, i dont sorry i dont know any women other then some of the mexican here like that, point two i said not all of them, i know mexican women who dont, my best friend(whos a girl)  isnt liek that, she is a kind and gentle soul,and does not have that personality, and point three i am racist??? you just basically said all mexican are poor and dont have proper education and decent families, because they are mexican, soo ya, that is a racidt statemtn josh just sayin.

Where in my statement was any hint of racism? I stated the truth, minorities don't get equal opportunities. The Mexican people especially, people just see them as immigrants still which is unfair in this "equal rights" society. I see no place of me saying all Mexican people are poor, please read someone's post in full before making a comment on it.

Skin colour for me doesn't really matter. My family doesn't really care either. All they care about is that I am happy with the person and they treat me good. I actually find skin colour attractive - is that weird? I might be a little hesitant when meeting his family though.

1 person likes this

Pursue who you're attracted to both mentally and physically. If you are not attracted to a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, you're not racist. If you're not attracted to white girls you're not racist. If you're not attracted to Fijians, you're also not racist. 

Desiring to marry a girl with specific physical features is not racist even remotely. There are very few people who will tell you that physical attraction to the person they are going to marry doesn't matter. They are extremely rare and not even always honest. For most of us, we need not only that the person be beautiful inside, but that our own personal attractions physically are met. This can never be considered racist.

Of course, rejecting someone on stereotypes can be but that has absolutely nothing to do with the above.

3 people like this

ok now before everyone is liek racist, i live in new mexico, and we have a lot of mexicans, and the "mexican" women i am talking about are the only ones around here with this personality, its a personality that they think they are better then aany other girl, that all the guys want them, and they can talk to whoever the want how ever they want without a repercussions, that the white men should cater to their everyneed and desire , i dont knnow any white women here with that personality i know a decent amount of "mexican" women who dont either but i was sayin that because of their personality not because of their color, thats one thing i cannot stand for is racism, and too josh i dont find black women attractive,i never had, its not cause of stereotypes or upbringin, but i honestly dont, its wierd, i even went on a date with a black girl once to see if i was just being racist or something, and we had a great time and talked, but i still physical was not attracted to her. not cause i am racist or anything, just cause i am not cant explan it.

Instead of personality, I think you mean cultural differences.  There is also a culture of poverty.  People in poverty TEND to make different choices, raise children different, etc.  Not all those that are in poverty are of that culture, but there is also generational poverty: social similarities that are passed down from one generation to another. 

I think men of any preference would agree with this, that all women are beautiful.

2 people like this

While I can say this is true, in most regards, however I've only dated white guys and I'm Hispanic girl. From my experience, and attending a very racist Uni haha it depends on your mannerisms. My white guy friends would always use the scenario of salt and pepper and say "This is what you look like(pepper) but this is what you are(salt)" and got asked out all the time, mostly by white guys. hahahaha However, I am fall in love with a person, their character, not their skin tone or race♥

I tend to be attracted to men who sort of resemble my own physical appearance lol It's a comfort thing lol

I grew up in neighborhoods that were predominantly asian, east Indian, latino so I feel most comfortable around those men and I seem to have an emotional attachment of some sort (?) to those men. I dunno if that makes sense but yeah lol

I'm basically attracted to what I'm used to.

Also there's something really comforting to me about being with someone who sorta resembles me in terms of looks lol I can't really explain it but you feel a sense of belonging or something lol It's like a warm, fuzzy feeling lol

I'm half asian/half latina so I definitely find myself gravitating towards the asian and latino male species lol. But in the past I've also had crushes on black men and a lebanese guy (middle eastern).

So at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter but I'm just saying that I do have a tendency to be attracted to men who look similar to me and come from similar backgrounds as me.

1 person likes this

I honestly don't think it is offensive to think about skin color. Where I live there is a multicultural setting, however, in my life I have mostly been exposed to only caucasian people. So when I see a person of oriental or african-american decent it don't bother me, I just did not group up around a lot of other races. That said, I have a high respect for all races and try to set an example by being kind to everyone I come in contact with,

As for marrying someone from a different race I am not against it at all. However, in regards to african-americans (and I say this with complete and sincere honesty) I just do not find african-american attractive. That's just me though. Has nothing to do with racism or class, I just am just not attracted to them. Not sure why, just not. However, I have several friends whom are of that decent and they are the most awesome people ever. 

1 person likes this

Unfortunately I'll be the one to say that this thread is showing just how ignorant some people can be SMH

8 people like this

Unfortunately I'll be the one to say that this thread is showing just how ignorant some people can be SMH

I see not only ignorance here, but some racism as well. You can try to make people aware of it but its for naught because people refuse see beyond their personal biases. I've dealt with people like this my whole life (including some family members) and they cannot see the problem with their kind of thinking. Racism (or ignorance for people who are too politically correct to call it as it is) still exists and I see no change in sight. Honestly, in some aspects, I think it's actually gotten worse since the 90's which is sad to see things going backwards.

If someone is saying they don't like someone of a certain race, not for their culture, not for their features, but for their race, and they say they grew up in a multicultural environment, and they claim to not know the reason, I can't help but think there has to be some kind of underlying racism there. Either the person knows the reason and they're too much of a coward to say it, or they refuse to question why they feel that particular way in fear of finding out something about themselves that they aren't happy with.  I believe in unintentional racism, and maybe its that for some people, but racism is racism and its always wrong.

I'm the type of person that laughs at cultural jokes, and throwing out the race card is one of the last things I even consider. Maybe I am more emotionally vulnerable since I have recently had some racist individuals at my university call me "nigger" and "chink" and an assortment of other choice words. No longer will I be afraid to call an action racist because it resulted in my tormenters getting away with hate crime. Its such a taboo word these days that it makes people (especially minorities) afraid to say that something is racist and speak out against it. And that's not fair, because when you are wronged, and you are the victim in a situation you shouldn't have to feel that way, you should speak out against it. I find that people are getting more comfortable with racist actions because they know this and the social cost isn't as much as it used to be in the not so distant past.

Racism involves the superiority of certain race(s) over another, so if someone says they have a preference for a certain race they are saying that that particular race is superior (in terms of looks, intelligence, rights, or whatever ignorant reason they give) because in order to have a preference one has to be better than the other, which is what racism is. I hate to put it that way because it might offend someone but words have meanings and I don't make the definitions. I mean if someone thinks that, fair enough. I have to accept it (not respect it), but I guess my issue with it, is the cognitive dissonance. I almost feel more respect for a blatantly racist kkk skinhead, than a person who says racist things sometimes and feign responsibility for their racist actions, base their beliefs on their actions rather than the other way around, and pretty much refuse to acknowledge their faults.

Btw, great video you posted a page or two ago. I hope people actually watched it but then again, it causes people to question their beliefs and that's just too scary.

5 people like this

Racism involves the superiority of certain race(s) over another, so if someone says they have a preference for a certain race they are saying that that particular race is superior (in terms of looks, intelligence, rights, or whatever ignorant reason they give) because in order to have a preference one has to be better than the other, which is what racism is. 

I think racism is ugly, disgusting and completely dishonorable as well as inhumane. However, saying something is racist doesn't necessarily make it so.

If someone says they have a preference for a certain race they are not necessarily saying that the preferred race is superior any more than if someone has a preference for brunettes over blondes that they are suggesting in any way that brunettes are superior to blondes. 

Where your argument falls short is in saying that if you have a preference you're by default saying one is better than the other. 

Do you have a preference for someone that you find attractive over someone that you don't find attractive? 

Can anyone here honestly say that their attraction to another is irrelevant when searching for their spouse? And if you have a preference for someone you find attractive over someone you don't, does this mean that you necessarily deem the attractive person as superior to the person you're less attracted to? No, of course not. And the claim that this is by necessity true doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

I am less attracted to girls of my own race than that of girls of other races. And I do have my preferences. Does that make me racist or does that just mean I know what I like and I'm being true to myself?

I'm all for calling people out for being racist. I'm all for eradicating racism. But to say that if someone has a preference for certain physical features that they are automatically racist is a false charge in my opinion.

I will say this, though. I think it's enough to say you have a preference for a certain race or races. In my opinion it's not necessary nor thoughtful to actually cite what race you're not attracted to on this forum. To me that doesn't add to the discussion and understandably it's going to offend those of that race. 

2 people like this

Okay lets make something clear since you didn't grasp all of the details of my post (which is okay because I'll clarify it right now). I'm not referring to skin color preference, I'm talking about racial preference.

Saying something is racist doesn't make it so, which isn't even something I said or implied so stop with the straw man, but if something is factually racist, based on the definition of racist, then its racist.

According to the meaning of preference (or bias in the cases of some people here), it does mean that one is better. Obviously a world or situation free of racial bias, there is no race that is superior than the another, If one thing is more favorable than the other in your opinion, then to you it is superior. If you prefer oranges to apples, in your own personal opinion, oranges are better than apples (even if you may think apples are great too, oranges are still superior from your view point).

When someone has a bias for blondes over brunettes of course that isn't racist, because hair color isn't a race. Maybe if the word hair-colorist existed it would be that, but it doesn't. If anything, it is discrimination based on hair color (which I also find almost as stupid as racial preference). Besides, I have seen blonde and brunette hair present in all races and everyone can achieve any hair they wish artificially as well so it isn't as discriminatory. I have seen Asians with skin colors ranging from milky white to dark-chocolate brown. So even if someone says they don't like asians or whatever race because of their skin tone or some other feature, thats a totally unfounded argument because there is no one feature that belongs only to one race. I have seen white people with skin as dark as mine and I'm partially black (albeit most likely have done a crapload of tanning). Same for preferring someone you find attractive over someone you don't find attractive. Obviously you can't say that is racist because attractiveness is not a race nor is it influenced by race (see why that is totally unwarranted?). There is a broad range of the level of attractiveness for each race, just as there is for whatever race you "prefer".

To say that an entire group or groups of people isn't as attractive as another or others has to be racially motivated because no one knows a large enough sample of people to even make such a claim. Now that, my friend, is what doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

I'm not saying that preferring girls of a certain race makes you a racist, I am saying that in most cases there is usually underlying racism whether intentional or unintentional. You might not even be aware of it. Tell me, what is the race that you prefer and tell me why you prefer it? If you dig deeply enough I can say with almost 100% sureness that its motivated by some type of racism (and you probably won't answer because you already know this). If that is the case, does that make you any worse of a person than I? No, because we all have our vices, and one bad thing doesn't automatically make you or I foul human beings. Does it even make you racist? No, but I believe that the action is racist.

I see not only ignorance here, but some racism as well. You can try to make people aware of it but its for naught because people refuse see beyond their personal biases. I've dealt with people like this my whole life (including some family members) and they cannot see the problem with their kind of thinking. Racism (or ignorance for people who are too politically correct to call it as it is) still exists and I see no change in sight. Honestly, in some aspects, I think it's actually gotten worse since the 90's which is sad to see things going backwards.

If someone is saying they don't like someone of a certain race, not for their culture, not for their features, but for their race, and they say they grew up in a multicultural environment, and they claim to not know the reason, I can't help but think there has to be some kind of underlying racism there. Either the person knows the reason and they're too much of a coward to say it, or they refuse to question why they feel that particular way in fear of finding out something about themselves that they aren't happy with.  I believe in unintentional racism, and maybe its that for some people, but racism is racism and its always wrong.

I'm the type of person that laughs at cultural jokes, and throwing out the race card is one of the last things I even consider. Maybe I am more emotionally vulnerable since I have recently had some racist individuals at my university call me "nigger" and "chink" and an assortment of other choice words. No longer will I be afraid to call an action racist because it resulted in my tormenters getting away with hate crime. Its such a taboo word these days that it makes people (especially minorities) afraid to say that something is racist and speak out against it. And that's not fair, because when you are wronged, and you are the victim in a situation you shouldn't have to feel that way, you should speak out against it. I find that people are getting more comfortable with racist actions because they know this and the social cost isn't as much as it used to be in the not so distant past.

Btw, great video you posted a page or two ago. I hope people actually watched it but then again, it causes people to question their beliefs and that's just too scary.

I agree with the beginning of your statement we shouldnt have to be afraid to point out what is racist. I wasnt afraid but I just dont waste time arguing with ignorance because close-minded people will never understand also I dont have the patience to educate some folks, so I left it alone lol

However I dont think there is anything wrong with preference, for those that only want to date within their culture that understandable due to familiarity etc.

But it is racist to be attracted to all races except one you cant put your finger on why...its because youre racist not a big deal it still goes on so just own it.

Its an ignorant statement to say Im attracted to all races but Ive just never found white men attractive, Im wiping a whole race out because of their ethnicity and thats ignorant, Instead I maybe just not attracted to certain features/cultures and that makes sense. Why am I able to see beauty in every race? hmmm because I dont stop and separate everyone based on their race/ skin color...maybe Im like this because I was raised in a multiracial family? Im very thankful that I was because I would probly be just as ignorant and discriminatory

My point is we are all human and once someone specifically divides people based on race and not culture or features then it is ignorant.

Also just because you have friends of that said race doesnt mean youre not racist.

1 person likes this

So much going on with this topic recently...I want to type a ton but can't eloquently form coherent thoughts because it's really just making my head hurt. Thank you Sunny and Tatyana for being able to do so. 

1 person likes this

I agree with the beginning of your statement we shouldnt have to be afraid to point out what is racist. I wasnt afraid but I just dont waste time arguing with ignorance because close-minded people will never understand also I dont have the patience to educate some folks, so I left it alone lol

However I dont think there is anything wrong with preference, for those that only want to date within their culture that understandable due to familiarity etc.

But it is racist to be attracted to all races except one you cant put your finger on why...its because youre racist not a big deal it still goes on so just own it.

Its an ignorant statement to say Im attracted to all races but Ive just never found white men attractive, Im wiping a whole race out because of their ethnicity and thats ignorant, Instead I maybe just not attracted to certain features/cultures and that makes sense. Why am I able to see beauty in every race? hmmm because I dont stop and separate everyone based on their race/ skin color...maybe Im like this because I was raised in a multiracial family? Im very thankful that I was because I would probly be just as ignorant and discriminatory

My point is we are all human and once someone specifically divides people based on race and not culture or features then it is ignorant.

Also just because you have friends of that said race doesnt mean youre not racist.

I agree with you for the most part there but there is one thing that maybe you can help me understand.

I think that race should be one of the last things that determine familiarity. It's not like the races are as different as say dog breeds. We aren't subspecies, we have the same general body shape and features. Its not like some of us are neanderthals and others homo sapiens. Any race can produce offspring with another race with no problems (If anything the more familiar, the worse off the offspring. See inbreeding) I can understand familiarity in the context of culture or lifestyle, but people are specifically saying race here. I know that you disagree with me, and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, but I am just trying to understand, because it just isn't making sense logically.

I don't have this issue with finding certain races more familiar or more attractive and its not like I'm this super enlightened person. I grew up in a predominantly white neighborhood, yet I don't have that type of social handicap. I don't understand how anyone who grew up in the United States could even say they aren't familiar with any one race, unless they purposely avoid other races. I don't understand how someone can even say that someone who was born and raised down to the same town/city as them can say that a person outside of their race is unfamiliar to them, yet a person of their same race from another country is familiar just because they share the same race. Is that all you need in order for someone to be familiar to you? Help me understand because I don't. Maybe I'm crazy because its not making an logical sense in my mind.

Maybe I'm wrong on all counts. Maybe I am being naive. Maybe I just have too much faith in humanity. Maybe it isn't about logic, and people just decide on things arbitrarily without an ounce of afterthought.

Maybe I should be just like everyone else and not even question my beliefs? NOT. I would never do that. That's more vile than racism itself.

I agree with you for the most part there but there is one thing that maybe you can help me understand.

I think that race should be one of the last things that determine familiarity. It's not like the races are as different as say dog breeds. We aren't subspecies, we have the same general body shape and features. Its not like some of us are neanderthals and others homo sapiens. Any race can produce offspring with another race with no problems (If anything the more familiar, the worse off the offspring. See inbreeding) I can understand familiarity in the context of culture or lifestyle, but people are specifically saying race here. I know that you disagree with me, and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, but I am just trying to understand, because it just isn't making sense logically.

I don't have this issue with finding certain races more familiar or more attractive and its not like I'm this super enlightened person. I grew up in a predominantly white neighborhood, yet I don't have that type of social handicap. I don't understand how anyone who grew up in the United States could even say they aren't familiar with any one race, unless they purposely avoid other races. I don't understand how someone can even say that someone who was born and raised down to the same town/city as them can say that a person outside of their race is unfamiliar to them, yet a person of their same race from another country is familiar just because they share the same race. Is that all you need in order for someone to be familiar to you? Help me understand because I don't. Maybe I'm crazy because its not making an logical sense in my mind.

Maybe I'm wrong on all counts. Maybe I am being naive. Maybe I just have too much faith in humanity. Maybe it isn't about logic, and people just decide on things arbitrarily without an ounce of afterthought.

Maybe I should be just like everyone else and not even question my beliefs? NOT. I would never do that. That's more vile than racism itself.

Preference being I prefer to date certain people in this race/culture because I relate to them its not that I dont think other races are attractive I just am more fond of this race/culture.  Im saying usually when people are mentioning a specific race they are mainly refering to their cultural background, youre not crazy...your speaking your mind with it open for a broader understanding thats admirable not crazy.

People can be attracted to or find beauty in something but not want to be with that person usually because of cultural differences. Even if theyre both American we have subcultures within America and I agree race should be the last thing to determine that "oh girl he is white and hot" said no one ever...hopefully. or "girl he is sweet, smart, intelligent, and  etc and black" no one really says that or thinks like that hopefully. Because our human brain (IMO) recognises the qualities within the human being and not the actual race, race was taught to us and it usually goes in hand with culture and culture is how most humans  Identify with one another.

Also preference doesnt mean your excluding anything just means your more fond that particular thing.

I hope that made sense and that you better understand where Im coming from.

1 person likes this

I think that race should be one of the last things that determine familiarity.

I agree 100% with you. 

It is possible for people who grow up in the US to not be familiar with one race. There are places that just aren't very concentrated with different races. I have a friend from some random city in Idaho and the only time they saw other races was in movies and the first time they interacted with them was at university in Houston. I also have several other friends with stories similar to this. They are just from towns that have very little to no diversity. 

Also I think that people just tell themselves that the same race means the same culture in the US when in reality that's usually not the case. For ex: as a black person in the US I have way more in common with a white person from the US culturally (the American culture) than I do with a black person from France. Just because I might have a similar skin tone does not make me any more familiar with a black person in France. I have had a Black Jamaican friend that has said that she could never date an American Black person because of a difference in culture...even though there might be similar skin tones involved.  But she would date someone of any race from Jamaica or the British Virgin Islands because culturally they have more in common. So this I understand, if her preferences are based on cultures. In the US, I think many people think of race when they are talking about having the same culture...IMO it makes no sense though. I just see American culture.  

You are not being naive. I think sometimes we all have too much faith in humanity and other times not enough. 

You said certain things are racist and what I'm saying is that just because you reach certain conclusions on what is racist or not doesn't make it necessarily racist; Instead, your logic may be flawed. That's not a straw man. That's just me uttering a comment in reference to what you had to say and to the conclusions you've made.

I do not agree with you. You can absolutely have a preference without holding that your preference is superior. The reason for this is because we don't determine what's better in regards to physical beauty just because we happen to be more attracted to one person over the other. Beauty is completely subjective and it's entirely in the eyes of the beholder. 

Weapon X made this point far better than I did which is why I will quote him:

"Seeing as how the majority like 90% of the women I've been attracted were white I don't think it would be wrong of me to say that I'm more attracted to or I prefer someone who is white rather than a race that's different from mine.

Some of us have preference of hair color/style, height, education level and all sorts of other stuff. I don't think it's wrong to include race.

When you are attracted to someone you don't consciously make the choice to be attracted. You just are. So if you just are attracted to a specific race than I don't see an issue with that."

I'm not saying that preferring girls of a certain race makes you a racist, I am saying that in most cases there is usually underlying racism whether intentional or unintentional. You might not even be aware of it. Tell me, what is the race that you prefer and tell me why you prefer it? If you dig deeply enough I can say with almost 100% sureness that its motivated by some type of racism (and you probably won't answer because you already know this). If that is the case, does that make you any worse of a person than I? No, because we all have our vices, and one bad thing doesn't automatically make you or I foul human beings. Does it even make you racist? No, but I believe that the action is racist.

Actually, that is precisely what you were saying in what preceded this quote. And from what you write, you sound like the thought police. It's extremely accusatory to suggest that if you are particularly physically attracted to one race over another that you are racist. Sorry, but you don't know what makes people tick and you're in no position to say whether someone is racist or not because they may happen to be more attracted to one race over another.

I bet you that people in all races have a preference for certain races when it comes to physical beauty. In other words, I bet you that most people in a race find certain races more attractive than others. And if I'm right, which I think that I am, then by your logic most people, the majority of people, are racist. Well, I just don't buy  this because I don't think it's racist to find one race more attractive than another. Maybe you love their physical features. Maybe you love their culture. Doesn't matter. It doesn't make you racist to prefer a race over another in relation to how attracted you are to them.

Some logic:

If someone within the white race finds brunettes more beautiful than blondes, doesn't logic follow that they will find some races more beautiful than others races since races vary in apparence? 

As a caucasian guy I find myself more attracted to Asians and Hispanics than I do Caucasians. And according to you I'm most likely racist because of this.

Lastly, and where this whole discussion is ultimately flawed, is that nobody has to justify why they are attracted to certain people. It really doesn't mater and it's entirely subjective. Pursue what you like. If you find a particular culture beautiful and love the physical beauty of this race and would love if you could marry someone from this race, I give you my blessings.

p.s. - This took a long time to write :-P So, I may be rather slow to respond to future correspondences on this subject. 

2 people like this

Its an ignorant statement to say Im attracted to all races but Ive just never found white men attractive, Im wiping a whole race out because of their ethnicity and thats ignorant, Instead I maybe just not attracted to certain features/cultures and that makes sense. Why am I able to see beauty in every race? hmmm because I dont stop and separate everyone based on their race/ skin color...maybe Im like this because I was raised in a multiracial family? Im very thankful that I was because I would probly be just as ignorant and discriminatory
My point is we are all human and once someone specifically divides people based on race and not culture or features then it is ignorant.

Thanks for replying
Yes but race and culture are not the same thing. Most of the time they go hand and hand but a lot of times they do not. I guess that's what I am having a hard time understanding. Why people are having a hard time seperating race from culture. You can look at various cultures in Africa and see how completely different they are. Black Americans are considered the same race as Sudanese people, but do you honestly think that they share the same culture and have much familiarity just because they're the same race? I don't understand why people can't understand that.

I agree 100% with you.

It is possible for people who grow up in the US to not be familiar with one race. There are places that just aren't very concentrated with different races. I have a friend from some random city in Idaho and the only time they saw other races was in movies and the first time they interacted with them was at university in Houston. I also have several other friends with stories similar to this. They are just from towns that have very little to no diversity.

Also I think that people just tell themselves that the same race means the same culture in the US when in reality that's usually not the case. For ex: as a black person in the US I have way more in common with a white person from the US culturally (the American culture) than I do with a black person from France. Just because I might have a similar skin tone does not make me any more familiar with a black person in France. I have had a Black Jamaican friend that has said that she could never date an American Black person because of a difference in culture...even though there might be similar skin tones involved.  But she would date someone of any race from Jamaica or the British Virgin Islands because culturally they have more in common. So this I understand, if her preferences are based on cultures. In the US, I think many people think of race when they are talking about having the same culture...IMO it makes no sense though. I just see American culture.  

You are not being naive. I think sometimes we all have too much faith in humanity and other times not enough.

I mentioned that I grew up in area that wasn't that culturally diverse, yet I'm as racially aware as they come, and there are others like me, so I don't really see that as an viable excuse. Being in America or a developed country where you have information at your fingertips, or you've traveled outside of your general region. I know of countless Americans who are into Japanese and Korean culture, who haven't stepped foot outside of the country.

But like I said I don't have any problem with it if its based on culture, because that makes logical to me because of the familiarity argument brought up. You're right that many people think of race when they are talking about having the same culture but they shouldn't say culture when they mean race. Well they can say it all they want but it's a false claim.

Again, I am not going by my own opinions of this topic, unlike what you seem to be doing, You're the one that is saying that since you have a certain belief that it must be factually true. I am using logic, reason, and hard facts to come to my conclusion (trust me, I have looked at this topic from every angle imaginable, I have been to stormfront and entertained their ideas, I have considered the possibility that racism isn't wrong, etc). I don't care about what you think, I care about the truth.

Disagree if you want but words have certain definitions, and you cannot change it to suit your argument. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable with your viewpoint.

Weapon X can say that he prefers someone who is white. I never said people can't have a preference. Most of the guys I've been attracted to are white, but I'm not going to sit here and say I have a preference for white guys. If I have only tried one melon one time in my life and wasn't a fan of it but I've tried a tons pears of every kind, how can I say that I prefer pears. That is an unfair comparison since the sample size of pineapples far exceed the melon size.

Besides, I never said that no one can have a preference, I said that preference for a particular race is usually a result of some kind of underlying racism. For one moment seperate your self from your belief and stop having an emotional reaction to the word racism. At least try to entertain that what I am saying is true. Can you say with 100% confidence that there is no trace of underlying racism when people say they have a prefence for a specific race or exclude a specific race?

Maybe it isn't wrong to include race as a preference. What I'm saying is racism has a certain definition and according to the definition thinking one race is better than another, in this case in terms of attractiveness, is racist.

I refuse to believe in the power of the human. I don't want to believe that humans especially intellectuals beings, do things arbitrarily without any consideration for their actions. I think there are reasons behind every action, even if we are unaware of it.

Okay unfortunately I can't back and forth with you if you're going to continue with strawman arguments. Its obvious that the word racist and the possibility that you may do racist thing unconsiously is eliciting an emotional reaction from you (I know I have done or said something racist at some point in my life). I said it before, and I'll say it again, I don't think that one racist action or even several makes someone a racist (go review my first post on the page). I never said that or eluded to that. In fact I made sure to make it very clear what I meant. I don't decide what is racist and what isn't racist. There are definitive qualities on what a racist action is based on its definition. Yes most people, if no everyone are racist or have done something racist at some point in their life. That's just the reality of the world. Just because it is an ugly truth doesn't make it any less true. Lying is an ugly truth, but most people have at least lied at some point in their lives.

If someone finds brunettes more beautiful than blondes (which in my opinion is dumb and I almost feel the same way about it as race as I said above, so again, please read my entire post before you reply to it because it makes it very difficult if I have to repeat things over and over). then if they are free of racial bias but yet have a hair color bias then of course more races beautiful than others. That doesn't make sense. There are brunettes in every race and people who are not brunette can easily achieve that feature with some simple hair dye. Like I said, there isn't any one feature that belongs to any one race. My nose isn't a nose that is what people consider typical of most black or asians. I have had people tell me that have a caucasian nose yet I'm not at all Caucasian and that feature is actually from the black side of my family who have high nose bridges.

You're right, nobody has to justify why they are attracted to certain people, but obviously people care and feel the need to justify themselves including you because they posted in a thread about skin color. The only reason why I asked you and only you was because I thought you were confident in your belief and that there wasn't any trace of racism behind your preference for certain races was so I didn't think you would have any problem explaining your reasoning. You replied to my post so I'm trying to argue my point and understand where you're coming from. If you're easily offended it's best not to partake in debate.

Racism is overblown. And dating preferences have very little to do with it. If someone is actually racist towards a certain group then of course they're not going to want to date someone from that group of people. However almost nobody is truly "Racist". The Nazis, the KKK, various religious sects. Those are all highly segmented, tiny fractions of the population and those are the ones who are truly racist.

The problem is, under today's definitons of racism if I give an imposing black man a little more room on the sidewalk because I'm slightly more afraid of him then a similarly imposing white or caucasian man. That makes me racist. Is it racist? Sure, but it's not like I'm hurling insults, crossing the street to avoid him or putting my hand on my gun (I don't actually own a gun). I'm simply listening to a common racial stereotype and giving him a few more inches of space as I pass him.

Racism will never be eradicated, simply because there will always be people, of every race. Who commit terrible acts, and people that resemble them will be associated with them for this. Nazis, Muslim terrorists, Colombian drug smugglers, Somalian pirates, Mexican immigrants. Each and every one of these are small groups of people, that represent the rest of their people to the world. Because the media reports on them and them alone.

Anyways yeah, that's my bit. I'm just going to leave this here and back away slowly...

3 people like this

As long a people admit it dont say an ignorant racist statement and then be offended or shocked when its pointed out lol thats all.

As a person of color, I definitely do find that I have an emotional attachment toward other people of color because I feel like they've experienced the same struggles and racial oppression that I have so we understand and can identify with each other on that deep level. I find that really comforting. :wub:

That's pretty much what I meant in my previous post when I talked about having emotional attachment to those men. lol

But it's racist without a doubt when you outright refuse to date/associate with people of a particular race and won't even consider giving them a chance. It's okay to have preferences but it's not okay to dismiss/write off an entire group of people based on one's limited knowledge and experience.

1 person likes this