Guest Rain

How did you find this website?

45 posts in this topic

It's okay callousing is a sign of healing and This site did help but so did other things, and my username is just my initials and boy.

I'm glad this website helped you too :) (it certainly helped me a lot). Initials? That's nice :) At first though, I thought maybe the "Das" in your username stood for "The" like in German :P

1 person likes this

I googled "waiting till marriage", and oddly enough this was the first result :P

Awesome :) Thanks for sharing that with us.

I'm glad this website helped you too :) (it certainly helped me a lot). Initials? That's nice :) At first though, I thought maybe the "Das" in your username stood for "The" like in German :P

You know that's what a lot of people say see I use that for my xbox too and that's what they said but I didn't even know that until I was told, even though my last name is Swickheimer.

You know that's what a lot of people say see I use that for my xbox too and that's what they said but I didn't even know that until I was told, even though my last name is Swickheimer.

Oh cool you play xbox that's awesome :) I knew that because I have always thought German was a beautiful language and am determined to learn it someday :P That's a beautiful last name :)

Oh cool you play xbox that's awesome :) I knew that because I have always thought German was a beautiful language and am determined to learn it someday :P That's a beautiful last name :)

Really everyone I know says German is an ugly language powerful but ugly, and thanks I like my last name too.

Really everyone I know says German is an ugly language powerful but ugly, and thanks I like my last name too.

Are you serious? :o I think it's a beautiful language :)

Well that's good that at least another person likes it.

I like it too! I'm trying to learn it as a hobby :D !

Well, this is my little story that is probably too long but you know~ :P

I was getting fed up with my friends and family telling me my decision was "naive."<3 I was never very open about this kind of thing because I didn't want to get crap for it. But when it came up in conversation, and when people prodded, I'd tell them. Gosh, the looks on their faces...pity, confusion, superiority...anything but acceptance. It just really made me angry. One day I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up a book called " 6 Most Important Decisions You'll Ever Make" by Sean Covey while my friend was online paying for her books. There was a chapter on "Dating and Sex" and I thought "Oh, here it comes, brace yourself, and DON'T throw the book when it says teenage sex is normal and healthy." But it didn't. In fact, it gave amazing non-religious reasons why you SHOULD wait! I was so happy with it, I bought the book JUST for that chapter. (I really recommend it!) I got encouraged to go looking for more info online about WTM and I found this site. That book gave me the motive to search more online for like-minded people, so yes! That is how I came here, and I'm very happy I did! Everyone here is so sweet and funny. Truly I am happy to be here. Thanks or having me~ ^_^

4 people like this

I found the website by googling "pros and cons of waiting until marriage" and I clicked on some articles which after a while led me here where I immediately fell in love with the site : D

2 people like this

I was frustrated with people telling me I was wasting my life by abstaining from sex. I Googled some statistics hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but those left me feeling horrible! I hated how I was such an anomaly and wanted to find articles about why it was good to wait so I tried the search "reasons to wait until marriage" which lead me to articles here. I browsed the forums and thought you guys were awesome so I joined a few days later!

2 people like this

Well, this is my little story that is probably too long but you know~ :P

I was getting fed up with my friends and family telling me my decision was "naive."<3 I was never very open about this kind of thing because I didn't want to get crap for it. But when it came up in conversation, and when people prodded, I'd tell them. Gosh, the looks on their faces...pity, confusion, superiority...anything but acceptance. It just really made me angry. One day I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up a book called " 6 Most Important Decisions You'll Ever Make" by Sean Covey while my friend was online paying for her books. There was a chapter on "Dating and Sex" and I thought "Oh, here it comes, brace yourself, and DON'T throw the book when it says teenage sex is normal and healthy." But it didn't. In fact, it gave amazing non-religious reasons why you SHOULD wait! I was so happy with it, I bought the book JUST for that chapter. (I really recommend it!) I got encouraged to go looking for more info online about WTM and I found this site. That book gave me the motive to search more online for like-minded people, so yes! That is how I came here, and I'm very happy I did! Everyone here is so sweet and funny. Truly I am happy to be here. Thanks or having me~ ^_^

First of all, I want to apologize for my late reply. I honestly didn't realize until recently that my topic had more posts from lovely people like you.

Thank you for sharing your story with us :) I can definitely relate in some ways about certain people being judgmental. I am glad you stayed strong anyway, and that the book helped you. We're glad to have someone as awesome as you in our community :) Thanks again for sharing that with us.

1 person likes this

A guy had just ended it with me because he realized I wouldn't have sex with him so I was searching about that topic and came across this:

http://waitingtillmarriage.org/the-5-reactions-that-guys-will-have-when-you-tell-them-youre-waiting/

From there I found my way. :)

I apologize for my late reply, I only saw this recently. I would have replied earlier if I knew I had more responses to the topic. 

Thank you for sharing your story with us, I'm sorry you were with such a jerk. He really is missing out, because you are just lovely. I'm glad you joined. Thanks again :)

I found the website by googling "pros and cons of waiting until marriage" and I clicked on some articles which after a while led me here where I immediately fell in love with the site : D

Sorry for the late reply, I saw your response very recently and would have replied earlier if I knew.

Thank you for sharing that with us. I'm glad you joined, you seem like a great person :) 

I was frustrated with people telling me I was wasting my life by abstaining from sex. I Googled some statistics hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but those left me feeling horrible! I hated how I was such an anomaly and wanted to find articles about why it was good to wait so I tried the search "reasons to wait until marriage" which lead me to articles here. I browsed the forums and thought you guys were awesome so I joined a few days later!

I'm sorry for my late reply, I would have written back earlier if I knew.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm sorry people were mean to you, you are too lovely to listen to their rubbish. I'm glad you didn't let them affect you and your decision. I'm happy you joined :)

One night after I caught an episode of "The Virgin Diaries", I realized that there are other people like me, people who are waiting until they are married to have sex. So I did a Google search for "waiting until marriage" and wtm.org was one of the top three results. What really impressed me about wtm.org was the celebrity section. I was shocked to find so many well-known celebrity waiters. The deal was sealed when I stumbled into the forums. It was so refreshing to know that there are so many others like me who are waiting, but are free to talk about their views, express opinions, ask questions, discuss fears, expectations, etc. I think I joined immediately, lol :) 

You guys rock and I love being a part of wtm.org :)  

1 person likes this

One night after I caught an episode of "The Virgin Diaries", I realized that there are other people like me, people who are waiting until they are married to have sex. So I did a Google search for "waiting until marriage" and wtm.org was one of the top three results. What really impressed me about wtm.org was the celebrity section. I was shocked to find so many well-known celebrity waiters. The deal was sealed when I stumbled into the forums. It was so refreshing to know that there are so many others like me who are waiting, but are free to talk about their views, express opinions, ask questions, discuss fears, expectations, etc. I think I joined immediately, lol :)

You guys rock and I love being a part of wtm.org :)

Thank you for sharing your story :) I was surprised too when I read about all those celebrities. You rock for being you :)

1 person likes this