Guest Rain

How did you find this website?

45 posts in this topic

I wasn't sure if there was already a question like this, I looked around, but didn't find it. So, I decided to ask. :) I have always wondered, how others here became members. Whether you heard about it from a friend, saw the link somewhere, etc., I was always curious. I love this website and I visit it a lot more than I do any other website. The way I found it was, one day I was browsing the web, and I suddenly thought "Hmm... I wonder how many other people WTM are online." So, I went on Google and typed in "waiting till marriage". Once I clicked search, I didn't know what to expect, and there it was like a beacon of light, the first thing I saw "waitingtillmarriage.org". I was so interested in this, so excited that I didn't even hesitate and clicked on it right away. I remember the day, like it was yesterday. I was on the homepage and I remember the first thing I did was see who made the site and was delighted to see Mike's welcoming words. The admins were lovely too. So I went on the forums and read a few articles I loved it all. Within minutes I was a member, feeling happy and lucky to have found this site. I've been a regular visitor ever since :) My question is: How did you find this website? Sorry I wrote so much, I think I got a little carried away lol.

Yeah, I remember how I found this site... I was googling around for statistics and whatnot of how many people waited till marriage to have sex, and I remember that the statistics (for Scotland anyway) were pretty bleak. So I was feeling kind of worried that I was the only one, and googling all kinds of things to try and find stuff to boost my self-esteem and determination and whatnot about WTM. Anyway, eventually, I googled something like "Reasons to wait until marriage to have sex", and up popped this article called "The Top 5 Arguments Against Waiting Till Marriage". So I was thinking to myself, "Well, there's yet another anti-WTM article: does no one wait any more?", before I noticed that the website the article came from something called WaitingTillMarriage.org. And I thought, "Well, that can't be a site which is anti-WTM, so I clicked the link, read the article, browsed the site for the next few days and weeks, then joined. And the rest is history, I guess!

xxx

Yeah, I remember how I found this site... I was googling around for statistics and whatnot of how many people waited till marriage to have sex, and I remember that the statistics (for Scotland anyway) were pretty bleak. So I was feeling kind of worried that I was the only one, and googling all kinds of things to try and find stuff to boost my self-esteem and determination and whatnot about WTM. Anyway, eventually, I googled something like "Reasons to wait until marriage to have sex", and up popped this article called "The Top 5 Arguments Against Waiting Till Marriage". So I was thinking to myself, "Well, there's yet another anti-WTM article: does no one wait any more?", before I noticed that the website the article came from something called WaitingTillMarriage.org. And I thought, "Well, that can't be a site which is anti-WTM, so I clicked the link, read the article, browsed the site for the next few days and weeks, then joined. And the rest is history, I guess!

xxx

That's a beautiful story, thanks a lot for sharing :)

Yes, this question has been asked. I'll try to find the old thread and merge them.

Well, then I probably didn't spend enough time looking. Thanks.

Found it while googling "celebrities who are waiting until marriage" because a classmate told me Miley Cyrus had said (a loooong time ago) that she was going to wait and I was wondering if it was true. I read some of the articles but never found the forum until a month later. By then I was sort of considering WTM so I though this would help me figure things out. This forum has been so amazing. :)

I was searching for a group of young adults who r committed to celibacy, so glad I found it :)

Well, then I probably didn't spend enough time looking. Thanks.

I actually can't find it in the forums or the search myself. I only found it when I was searching for a list of threads that I started, but I can't find it back. Hmm....weird!

Found it while googling "celebrities who are waiting until marriage" because a classmate told me Miley Cyrus had said (a loooong time ago) that she was going to wait and I was wondering if it was true. I read some of the articles but never found the forum until a month later. By then I was sort of considering WTM so I though this would help me figure things out. This forum has been so amazing. :)

Cool :) That's a very nice story, thank you for sharing :) I remember when everyone was talking about Miley WTM it does seem like it was a long time ago :P

How I found this site.. well, I was watching the London Olympics waiting for the sprinting events. Went online to look at the schedules for the events, and saw on the official Olympic website an article about Lolo Jones being a virgin. In my mind I asked myself the question.. "wasn't she the favourite to win the Beijing olympics" and thats when I google. Where I found an article of her, and I surely believe she mentioned this site in that article.

I was searching for a group of young adults who r committed to celibacy, so glad I found it :)

That's nice :) Thanks for sharing that with us.

I actually can't find it in the forums or the search myself. I only found it when I was searching for a list of threads that I started, but I can't find it back. Hmm....weird!

You were the one who started it first? :P Cool :)

How I found this site.. well, I was watching the London Olympics waiting for the sprinting events. Went online to look at the schedules for the events, and saw on the official Olympic website an article about Lolo Jones being a virgin. In my mind I asked myself the question.. "wasn't she the favourite to win the Beijing olympics" and thats when I google. Where I found an article of her, and I surely believe she mentioned this site in that article.

Wow, that's really nice :) What a cool way to find this website :) thanks for sharing :)

The day I found this site I was talking to several people about waiting until marriage and they were saying that there are no guys left that are willing to wait. As I only have known 2 who did wait, I got curious so I googled "are there still guys who wait until marriage" and clicked on the first article that appeared. I started reading other articles here (which were very helpful and reinforced my decision to wait) and then I discovered the forums and decided to join. I was surprised to find that so many people (both girls and guys) are willing and striving to wait. You're all very encouraging to me :)

I was going through a hard time with a break up that I didn't want to go as far as it did, and I found this site looking on how to forgive losing my own purity. I then came across and article on this site.

I was searching for other people/celebrities who were also WTM, and came across the Barlow Girl and Rebecca St. James articles, which brought me to the main wtm.org. I then read other articles/features/etc. and all of Claire's articles. Soon after I discovered the forums.

Finally after about two months of coming on and off the site and forums, I decided to join :)

Was googling the term(s): "waiting till marriage" and came across the site, right after Mike, then known as Flint put it up. It was just some random forum with maybe one or two post in it back then...no full-fledged website with articles and such. Started posting...ranting to Mike and the other new members and things went from there :P.

The day I found this site I was talking to several people about waiting until marriage and they were saying that there are no guys left that are willing to wait. As I only have known 2 who did wait, I got curious so I googled "are there still guys who wait until marriage" and clicked on the first article that appeared. I started reading other articles here (which were very helpful and reinforced my decision to wait) and then I discovered the forums and decided to join. I was surprised to find that so many people (both girls and guys) are willing and striving to wait. You're all very encouraging to me :)

That's very interesting :) I know what you mean, before I joined, I only knew one guy who is WTM, my brother lol. Everyone here (including you :P ) is encouraging to me too. Thank you for sharing your story. :)

1 person likes this

I was going through a hard time with a break up that I didn't want to go as far as it did, and I found this site looking on how to forgive losing my own purity. I then came across and article on this site.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you are feeling better now. I'm glad you joined this website, there are lots of wonderful and supportive people here. Thank you for sharing that with us. By the way, nice username. :)

1 person likes this

I was searching for other people/celebrities who were also WTM, and came across the Barlow Girl and Rebecca St. James articles, which brought me to the main wtm.org. I then read other articles/features/etc. and all of Claire's articles. Soon after I discovered the forums.

Finally after about two months of coming on and off the site and forums, I decided to join :)

That's a very fascinating story, thank you for sharing :)

1 person likes this

Was googling the term(s): "waiting till marriage" and came across the site, right after Mike, then known as Flint put it up. It was just some random forum with maybe one or two post in it back then...no full-fledged website with articles and such. Started posting...ranting to Mike and the other new members and things went from there :P.

Wow, so you're one of the first ever members. That is so cool. I wish I could have seen the site back then, that's really cool that you got to see it evolve like that. Thank you for sharing that with us. :)

1 person likes this

I had a partial mental break down because at that moment, it seemed everyone around me was into casual non-commited sex. The main incident that set it off was a guy I really liked revealed to me that he had had several sexual relationships a couple of which were casual. This was a big shock to me. I started to view him differently and assumed he viewed me differently (despite the fact he hinted that he wouldn't like to repeat relationships like those ones). That put an idea in my head that I would never find a person in my social circle who I liked and shared beliefs similar to mine when it came to sex. I decided to search the internet for like minded people. I did a couple of searches like "sex only in committed relationships" or "how many partners before you marry" neither of which produced satisfying results :( I decided to try the other extreme from casual sex: waiting until marriage. Back then, the concept was too conservative for me and I thought it wouldn't be any help either. Boy, was I wrong. I immediately found the articles like "Top 5 stereotypes of people who wait" and "7 Reasons why Atheists wait till marriage" (I'm not an atheist personally but lifestyle wise, I'm non-religious) and I found out that most waiters were a lot like me in beliefs. To be conservative when it comes to sex didn't mean I would have to compromise my other beliefs because there was just no way they could work together, rather they could work in perfect harmony :) I was also ecstatic when I found the number of articles dealing with getting over a partners sexual past (the first few sentences of this post clearly explain why) I don't know what will happen with that guy in the future but if something does happen, I will use all the tips given on this website to help deal with it and make it work. After reading all the statistics given here as well as examining all my core beliefs as a person, I have decided that the decision to wait is the right one for me. I truly believe it will help my eventual marriage be stronger as well as make me happier.

I know!!! That is what I loved the most about this site forum. There are so many different people out there who have decided to wait and not just one small tiny group isolated from society. I also loved finding all the guys here. Very different from the media stereotype that all guys' sex drives are beyond control and girls have to give in if they want any kind of relationship. <_<

2 people like this

I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you are feeling better now. I'm glad you joined this website, there are lots of wonderful and supportive people here. Thank you for sharing that with us. By the way, nice username. :)

It's okay callousing is a sign of healing and This site did help but so did other things, and my username is just my initials and boy.

I had a partial mental break down because at that moment, it seemed everyone around me was into casual non-commited sex. The main incident that set it off was a guy I really liked revealed to me that he had had several sexual relationships a couple of which were casual. This was a big shock to me. I started to view him differently and assumed he viewed me differently (despite the fact he hinted that he wouldn't like to repeat relationships like those ones). That put an idea in my head that I would never find a person in my social circle who I liked and shared beliefs similar to mine when it came to sex. I decided to search the internet for like minded people. I did a couple of searches like "sex only in committed relationships" or "how many partners before you marry" neither of which produced satisfying results :( I decided to try the other extreme from casual sex: waiting until marriage. Back then, the concept was too conservative for me and I thought it wouldn't be any help either. Boy, was I wrong. I immediately found the articles like "Top 5 stereotypes of people who wait" and "7 Reasons why Atheists wait till marriage" (I'm not an atheist personally but lifestyle wise, I'm non-religious) and I found out that most waiters were a lot like me in beliefs. To be conservative when it comes to sex didn't mean I would have to compromise my other beliefs because there was just no way they could work together, rather they could work in perfect harmony :) I was also ecstatic when I found the number of articles dealing with getting over a partners sexual past (the first few sentences of this post clearly explain why) I don't know what will happen with that guy in the future but if something does happen, I will use all the tips given on this website to help deal with it and make it work. After reading all the statistics given here as well as examining all my core beliefs as a person, I have decided that the decision to wait is the right one for me. I truly believe it will help my eventual marriage be stronger as well as make me happier.

I know!!! That is what I loved the most about this site forum. There are so many different people out there who have decided to wait and not just one small tiny group isolated from society. I also loved finding all the guys here. Very different from the media stereotype that all guys' sex drives are beyond control and girls have to give in if they want any kind of relationship. <_<

I think we can all relate in a way to what you were talking about. I can certainly understand (even if a little bit) since none of my friends at the time were/are waiting till marriage. But I've met lots of wonderful people here :) I'm happy you joined this site and that it has helped you, it helped me too :) and I am thankful for that. Thank you for sharing your story with us. :)

1 person likes this