Guest Ace

"No guy is ever going to want you if...

32 posts in this topic

Ive actually heard about guys preferring virgins, even if they had sex before themselves. What bothers me about this is that having sex= manhood. Back in the day not being a virgin as a woman was frowned upon, but as a man you were expected to have 'some on the side'. I guess that still stems from that period.

Im not saying that a guy who has had sex before can't prefer a virgin, but it definitely sounds very hypocritical and backwards to me. I for one wouldnt date a guy who had sex before and wasnt a reclaimed virgin.

Ive actually heard about guys preferring virgins, even if they had sex before themselves. What bothers me about this is that having sex= manhood. Back in the day not being a virgin as a woman was frowned upon, but as a man you were expected to have 'some on the side'. I guess that still stems from that period.

Im not saying that a guy who has had sex before can't prefer a virgin, but it definitely sounds very hypocritical and backwards to me. I for one wouldnt date a guy who had sex before and wasnt a reclaimed virgin.

I can see your point, but male promiscuity has always been different from female promiscuity. It has to do the whole theory of pre-selection", which ordains that men with a high number of notches are generally more attractive. This is apparently so because its "hard" for a man to get laid; a high notch number is looked at as an accomplishment. For women its just the opposite. Show me a woman who brags about how many times she's been played and used, and I'll show you a hollow soul with zero substance.

1 person likes this

Exactly, my friend while talking to me demonstrated that discrimination. A friend of ours has dated about 12+ people and is sleeping with the current boyfriend, he says she's a "Whore". Our other friend who is a guy and has had sex with around 5 or 6 different people is a "player".

2 people like this

Exactly, my friend while talking to me demonstrated that discrimination. A friend of ours has dated about 12+ people and is sleeping with the current boyfriend, he says she's a "Whore". Our other friend who is a guy and has had sex with around 5 or 6 different people is a "player".

Yes. The problem with this is that it's basically become a rite of passage to manhood. One who who has no use for the "player" label (like myself) is seen as weak, backwards, and generally not very manly. I don't doubt a high notch count gets a woman's attention, its the kind of woman it attracts: count me out. But no; I simply choose not to have sex, so there must be something wrong with me. So much for free will and individualism.

2 people like this

Yes, I don't go out and pick up girls at all or sleep with anyone, so to people that know I'm waiting until marriage that aren't friends to me, I'm seen as a gay religious freak who has a small member which is why I wont pick up girls. While all their assumptions are wrong as I'm straight and agnostic they still bother me.

Yes. The problem with this is that it's basically become a rite of passage to manhood. One who who has no use for the "player" label (like myself) is seen as weak, backwards, and generally not very manly. I don't doubt a high notch count gets a woman's attention, its the kind of woman it attracts: count me out. But no; I simply choose not to have sex, so there must be something wrong with me. So much for free will and individualism.

I really hate when people say having sex with many people is a “rite of passage.†People have told me that I’m immature because I am waiting till marriage to have sex, and that women who haven’t had sex, or who are waiting till marriage are immature. Isn't the mature thing to wait till marriage for that stuff?  To me, a girl who is waiting till marriage is showing maturity, something I want in my future wife.  

1 person likes this

"People have told me that I’m immature because I am waiting till marriage to have sex, and that women who haven’t had sex, or who are waiting till marriage are immature."

If someone actually said that to me, I'd have a good little laugh right in their face. Sex breeding maturity...you've got to be joking. These brainless trollops aren't even worth getting upset over. 

1 person likes this