Sophie

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

32 posts in this topic

I actually like my name a lot. It is Sophie, just with a different spelling. I just felt like using Sophie for some reason as a username. I've never had any issues with my name, and I love my unique spelling (at least it is unique in North America.) I wouldn't change my name, but if I had been given a name I wasn't fond of, I think I would change it to something very feminine and timeless, like Tessa.

My name is Vincent and I don't particularly like it. It sounds too dorky to me. If I could change my name, it would be Xander. It just sounds really cool for some strange reason.

2 people like this

My name is Vincent and I don't particularly like it. It sounds too dorky to me. If I could change my name, it would be Xander. It just sounds really cool for some strange reason.

Hahahaha I woke up with a text from my friend Alex whom I've called "Xander" for the past 9 years. How funny.

If I could change my name, maybe I'd change it to Lauren or Coralyn. Those are both pretty. :)

Hey, you share the same name as Vincent Price! That alone is EPIC!!!

3 people like this

I like my name , Alexei is a good name. I would change my last name instead because nobody pronounces it right. But if I had a name i didn't like, I'd go with Bruce. Like Bruce Wayne, BATMAN!

1 person likes this

I really like my name, Meabh , and I think I suit it!

??? And that is pronounced HOW exactly? lol.

I like the name Julie. I don't like my surname as much, because people always spell it wrong. But that's okay, since I'll be changing it someday...hopefully...

Hey, Vincent is not a dorky name. You know, Bella and Edward have become pretty popular baby names because of the whole Twilight thing, so when I get my novel published, everyone will want to call their baby "Vincent".

??? And that is pronounced HOW exactly? lol.

"Meeve", right? We've got names like that in Scotland, too. "Mhari", which is pronounced "Vahri", and the surname "Menzies", which is pronounced "Ming", and the town "Milngavie", which is pronounced "Mull-guy", and the famous street in Glasgow "Sauchiehall Street", which is pronounced "Suckyhall Street"...

Yeah, just a wee Scots lesson for you all...

xxx

1 person likes this

I like my first name a lot, short, sweet, and unique enough so that I don't know many others with it but not so rare that no one has ever heard of it before. I don't like my last name much, thankfully that will change for me (hopefully!)

I like Vincent much more than Xander, personally! Not dorky at all.

I like my name, but it became really common after I was born which is kind of annoying, especially since it was my mom's goal to give my twin and I unique names. lol. I don't think I would change my name, but if I did I would consider changing it to: Talia, Riley, Jaimie, or maybe Ellie. None of them feel right for me though, I guess I'm attached to my name.

Hey, you share the same name as Vincent Price! That alone is EPIC!!!

Hey, Vincent is not a dorky name. You know, Bella and Edward have become pretty popular baby names because of the whole Twilight thing, so when I get my novel published, everyone will want to call their baby "Vincent".

I like Vincent much more than Xander, personally! Not dorky at all.

Hmm....people seem to be a huge fan of my name. Perhaps I'll keep it :)

And Jegs, you would make me the happiest man alive if you could phase out the Bella and Edward baby name craze with my name. I hope your novel becomes super popular too. lol

2 people like this

I actually love my name. I think my mom did a great job in choosing a name for me. I love that "Candice," although spelled different, is in the Bible and I love what it means. I have honestly thought about naming my (future) daughter Candice, but it is pretty uncommon for women to give their daughter their name. That is more of a male tradition. At least in America it is...

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Candice.html

I like my name, but it became really common after I was born which is kind of annoying, especially since it was my mom's goal to give my twin and I unique names. lol.

You have a twin?!!!! So super cool. I always wanted a twin when I was a kid. I bet people ask you stuff like "do you share dreams?", "can you read each other's minds?", "if one gets hurt, does the other feel pain too?" Twins, triplets, etc, are so interesting to us singles. ;)

1 person likes this

You have a twin?!!!! So super cool. I always wanted a twin when I was a kid. I bet people ask you stuff like "do you share dreams?", "can you read each other's minds?", "if one gets hurt, does the other feel pain too?" Twins, triplets, etc, are so interesting to us singles. ;)

We do get asked those questions. The silliest one I got asked was "how do you know which one you are in the morning?" I just laughed, but the person seemed genuinely annoyed that I couldn't answer that question. The most common question is "which one is older?", but I couldn't answer that until I was 18 because our parents wouldn't tell us, drove us crazy trying to find documentation that would tell us who twin A was. lol. For the record I am one whole minute older, wasn't so important once I found out though. There have been some really strange twin moments, like my twin's blood pressure going up when she was unconcious following a trauma and I touched her arm, but that was mostly when we were younger.

We do get asked those questions. The silliest one I got asked was "how do you know which one you are in the morning?" I just laughed, but the person seemed genuinely annoyed that I couldn't answer that question.

LOL. Anyone who says "there is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer," has not heard that question. That's hilarious. I will admit to hopefully asking the "can you read each other's mind?" question, but I sadly knew that the answer would be "no." (but I that would be so cool.)

The most common question is "which one is older?", but I couldn't answer that until I was 18 because our parents wouldn't tell us, drove us crazy trying to find documentation that would tell us who twin A was. lol. For the record I am one whole minute older, wasn't so important once I found out though. There have been some really strange twin moments, like my twin's blood pressure going up when she was unconcious following a trauma and I touched her arm, but that was mostly when we were younger.

Wow, not until you were 18? That's a bit odd. Did your parents dress you up alike when you were little? I had identical twins in my grade. They showed us pictures of themselves when they were little and from around age 1-7, they were dressed the same and often had shirts that said T and M on them so people could tell them apart. lol.

While it is true that we cannot actively read each other's minds, I know what she is thinking a majority of the time and I can almost always predict what she would say/choose in a given situation. We have whole disagreements/fights without saying a word, just using our eyes. Mostly that is because in 21 years the longest we have been separated at any given time was like a day and a half. Lets just say you get to know a person really well when you have witnessed almost every moment of their lives. lol. We did get dressed in the same clothes when we were younger, but in different colors. Its kind of scary, because when I look at photos from when we were under 10 I can't tell which one is me.

I *can* change my name if I want to. But I'm happy with it. (And no, it isn't Emulator).

I like my name, but I would consider Phoenix. As it is, I enjoy having that for a nom de plume.

Also, my parents nearly named me Tabitha. I think that could have been really fun!

I like your name, much like everyone else here. :) I have to agree, though, that Xander is a great name, as well. The first time I ever heard it was from Buffy the Vampire Slayer... and I fell in love with the name.

Anyway, I don't know what I'd change my name to. I love the name Lorelei, and a few others. My mom almost named me Christina Eve (I was born on Christmas Eve, she thought it would be cute. She also considered Spring Elizabeth... Which I actually kind of like, even considered changing it to that when I was very young.

2 people like this

Vincent is cool. Your family could show pictures of you holding up an AR-15 (or better yet, a Thompson) and refer to you as their cousin Vinny. I don't know if you are Italian (that is a popular Italian name), but the Italians get the cool stereotypes. I'm German (born in America of German ancestry) and the Germans get terrible stereotypes.

Much cooler having the mafia stereotypes than the Nazi stereotypes.

1 person likes this

My mom wanted to name me Gabriella if I was a girl, but my dad didn't want people calling me Gabby. I won't change my name now because I'm used to it, however I would have liked to have been named Gabriel. My real name is Tyler.

1 person likes this

I like my name, I just wish there wasn't so many Sarahs my age running around. When I name my kids, I'm going to make sure its not something that's popular at that time.