eugene

"Mo"vember

39 posts in this topic

Haha I think she'd think I was nuts!! Haha Im just keeping the goatee this time around ;) Altho I am letting it get a little bigger than normal...I like to change it up now and then lol!

Uhhhh yeah haha if he grew it waayyyy out I'd be like ewwwww no kisses for youuuuu bahahahaha

4 people like this

Wow...

I can't believe I haven't heard of this before. What a great cause! I think it's nice to see a guy with a nicely groomed mustache (although I must admit I like the 5 o'clock shadow look best. LOL!).

I rarely see guys with facial hair anymore. What's up with that?? :P

1 person likes this

I decided not to use no-shave November/Movember as an excuse for laziness. So I'm going to continue to trim my facial hair. I keep a very short beard and moustache (or very thick stubble, if the glass is half full).

1 person likes this

I can't believe I haven't heard of this before. ... (although I must admit I like the 5 o'clock shadow look best. LOL!).

I rarely see guys with facial hair anymore. What's up with that?? :P

You never heard of it M? Nooooo way. Im with you on the 5'o clock shadow. And a soul patch or a flavor savor is just as nice. The most hideous beard you ever get, are the handlebars.. eeewww... Or those Elvis Presley side burns hehehe.

I think its since David Beckham started with the metro sexual look that guys dont grow facial hair anymore. Might be wrong. And it could be work related too .. or it could be that boy band of the 90's that men decided to shave. Dont know really.

1 person likes this

I decided not to use no-shave November/Movember as an excuse for laziness. So I'm going to continue to trim my facial hair. I keep a very short beard and moustache (or very thick stubble, if the glass is half full).

This year Im sitting this one out. Last year grew a full beard, but was very itchy.

Uhhhh yeah haha if he grew it waayyyy out I'd be like ewwwww no kisses for youuuuu bahahahaha

Aye no Sally.. you can't do that to your Ken hehehehe

3 people like this

I have worn a I-can't-be-bothered stubble on my face for about a year now, building on a very trimmed goatee that i've had for probably 7 or 8 years.... mind you... it took me until i was 40 to even be able to grow a PLAUSIBLE goatee... otherwise i just looked sad (and 13 again LOL).

:-)

Mo-vember is an excellent awareness-building opportunity to cause the conversation if not the direct donation... esp among men who regrettably are often not as attuned to regular checkups and awareness as women increasingly are.

Wear the facial hair proudly!

4 people like this

I think its since David Beckham started with the metro sexual look that guys dont grow facial hair anymore. Might be wrong. And it could be work related too .. or it could be that boy band of the 90's that men decided to shave. Dont know really.

Bwahahaha!

All of those might actually be possible reasons why men don't have facial hair anymore! Funny!

One of the reasons I love November, facial hair is awesome. Not to be creepy or anything. Haha!!

1 person likes this

So...whiskerage seems a pretty lame attempt at "awareness" for cancer. It's like "Hey, I want you all to know people die and stuff, so I'll be lazy and stop shaving and say it's for a good cause."

I'd say the ladies are ahead of us on this. Pink gloves on NFL players goes a heckuva lot further.

I'm growing a beard for a costume.

Hi guys. We all or some of us know that November is "Mo"vember. Anyone of you guys going to grow a "mo" this year.. or going to opt for a full beard?

ps.. the ones who dont know what Movember is.. its an opportunity to help raise the awareness for the fight against cancer.

I didn't know it was to raise awareness...guys, especially guy athletes got into it in high school so i thought it was just a fun thing guys did. :P guy swimmers shaved their legs and a couple football players did too so the swimmers didn't feel so weird. I'm assuming it's for prostate or testicular cancer? Or just in general?