NicoleNova

Loneliness

28 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Lately, I have been feeling lonely for that special someone. I have yet to meet him but I do believe that God will bring us together when the time is right. But for now, I am feeling down right lonely and my faith is wavering. :( I was wondering what works best for you guys if you have ever experienced this kind of loneliness which I'm sure we all have at some point. Superficial things no longer work with me, so I need some new ideas.

So, what have you found to work best for loneliness? And why?

1 person likes this

I find that my loneliest hours are my most intimate ones with the Lord. It's when we are starved, tired, and alone; when we have nothing and nobody that we get to focus on God because he is all we have.

And then I read and draw. Lol

8 people like this

I don't have any especially good advice for you, Nicole. I also know how it feels to be lonely for my future husband; when the loneliness hits, it feels like something is missing, like there is some empty hole in my heart waiting to be filled. It is painful! I wish I knew what to tell you, because I wish I knew what to tell myself when those feelings hit. Please just know that you are not alone, no matter how lonely you feel. Somewhere out there, I believe that a wonderful guy is thinking of you tonight and missing you, even though he hasn't met you yet.

I look forward to reading what tips others have. All I can say is that for me, I try to remember that God has a plan for my life, and that he therefore has a reason for me to be single at this point. Maybe if I met my future husband too soon, we wouldn't be ready for each other yet; maybe we have some more growing to do on our own. And maybe there is something that God wants me to be doing right now that I couldn't do if I was married. And when loneliness hits, I also seek out the company of my friends and family.

But yeah, these feelings stink! Best wishes, and I pray that you will be filled with joy and peace!

5 people like this

Hi, Nicole

Everyones been there and trust me its just momentary loneliness so dont sweat it. Personally in my opinion what actually helped me was doing the stuff I always wished I could do but havent done. So when I was finally tired of being lonely one day and was thinking of what I could do it hit me I always wanted to write a screen play for a movie. So whenever I caught myself feeling down I would go work on my screenplay, and so far that has been my remedy. Maybe one day it will be good enough to appear on the silverscreen. You just gota find yourself something to keep yourself busy. Best of luck!

2 people like this

Nicole I know how you feel. What works for me is seeking God's guidance and wisdom. At the end of the day a future husband/wife can only do so much. For us who believe, lets be mindful to not make WTM an idol in our lives. A husband/wife wont satisfy like God can. I think of this and I feel God resotring me again. Then I do what Ricoyl does but instead of reading I listen to music & draw. ^__^

9 people like this

That feeling sucks. It sucks more when you have been in love and then lost that love. It's been a little over a year since my ex girlfriend and I broke up (though on mutual terms) the feelings of sadness, vulnerability and longing still linger. I really loved that girl and so now that I am not with her I think about it often.

I think to myself, how could I move forward, well maybe I could go out and try really hard to meet someone but then maybe that is the wrong move. Working too hard at something can sometimes hinder the natural path that is to unravel.

How do I deal with it? I be thankful for the good friends, family and character that I have. I realize that doesn't solve the issue outright, but it does offer solace in the fact that I try to stay positive. I also believe you have to be happy and comfortable with yourself when alone to know what it feels like. So when you are with someone you know that there was a life before them. Stay calm. Be happy. Fight Another Day.

1 person likes this

Thank you. You guys are awesome! :) Reading your responses have been really helpful. I am still dealing with the situation but you've really made it seem manageable. Alex992, I really like what you said about not letting WTM be my idol. I have to admit, i have been guilty of that before. :unsure:

I hope you're still not lonely considering this post is almost a year old!

I listen to music. I just start listening to some music and it distracts me which ultimately gets rid of the loneliness. 

When I feel longing for a Wife I pray. I hope God is not annoyed, because he's heard those prayers for a Wife quite a lot now.

My advice might not work for you. I think how we overcome loneliness can be so specific to us as individuals that no two people get over it the same way, but it's worth a try. 

Dear, Nicole's future husband:

You're in for something else man! You've got a Woman who is not only waiting to meet you, but She's saving Herself for you! You're going to be a very blessed man. Now get off of your butt and go find her! 

I think he's on his way. I hope he finds you soon Nicole :)

God Bless!

6 people like this

I listen to music. I just start listening to some music and it distracts me which ultimately gets rid of the loneliness. 

When I feel longing for a Wife I pray. I hope God is not annoyed, because he's heard those prayers for a Wife quite a lot now.

My advice might not work for you. I think how we overcome loneliness can be so specific to us as individuals that no two people get over it the same way, but it's worth a try. 

You're in for something else man! You've got a Woman who is not only waiting to meet you, but She's saving Herself for you! You're going to be a very blessed man. Now get off of your butt and go find her! 

God Bless!

Thank you, Weapon! I hope he gets off his butt soon! lol 

3 people like this

Great post Weapon X, thats a good telling off for Nicole's future husband :)

God Bless!

2 people like this

What works best for my loneliness? I'm never lonely! I always have myself to talk to :D... Wait a minute...

1 person likes this

Hey Nicole,

I realize this post is more than a year old, but I hope it's helpful. What helps me deal with loneliness is doing something about it. For example, when I feel lonely, I sometimes write in my journal or if you are into writing a letter to your future spouse about your loneliness that might also help :) . Another action I might take to deal with my loneliness is talk to someone about it. I might call up a friend I trust and tell her about my loneliness (and, at the end of the conversation, I might add this line "hey, do you want____(insert activity), so that my mind will be somewhat distracted from feeling that I'm lonely. I mean, I think it is okay to feel lonely (we are human after all), but to sort of put my energy towards this task can be draining for me.

Hope these thoughts help, :) .

Hang in there Nicole, waiting can sometimes be feel lonely, but you have people here who can relate and/or stand by you in your loneliness.

3 people like this

Hey there all! and to nicole who started this thread last year.

Yes, I do feel this loneliness and worry as well. It is not easy because it affects all of you. What i do is that i pray to God for support and help, then I will try to do things that will make me happy or distract me from feeling lonely. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

Well, up until now this is still a struggle for me. 

Just when others think that being single is easy and free, well, it has its downside as well. 

Good luck to us all! and God bless. We need HIM for strength.

1 person likes this

Loneliness oh man Nicole!! I remember those days! Man, Nicole I don't know how to tell you but being single "WOW!" If I could only go back in time shoot I probably would!!! Marriage is verrrryyyyyyyyy different!!!! It's like you are no longer you but two! Seriously, everything you do effects another person it's like you literally are joined by the neck and are Siamese twins! No more it being all about you no more going where you want when you want no more a lot!!! Marriage is all about you and your spouse and sometimes you have to sacrifice for yourself to please your spouse and vice versa. It's very different and I see now that we are past the honey-moon stage the reality of the commitment made. It is a very delicate and huge responsibility. Yes, there are perks but if you are into yourself and freedom more man I'd say stay single for as long as possible. Be your own best friends, follow your dreams and what you want to do in life, work, save up as much as possible, be free, enjoy life, when you are single you are your own boss of your own life it is all about you. When you're married it is verrryyyyy different. I am thankful for my husband but heck now that I look back I could have waited a whole lot longer and most likely should have. Just remember once you find that person and get married that's it there is no turning back without repercussions.

Loneliness oh man Nicole!! I remember those days! Man, Nicole I don't know how to tell you but being single "WOW!" If I could only go back in time shoot I probably would!!! Marriage is verrrryyyyyyyyy different!!!! It's like you are no longer you but two! Seriously, everything you do effects another person it's like you literally are joined by the neck and are Siamese twins! No more it being all about you no more going where you want when you want no more a lot!!! Marriage is all about you and your spouse and sometimes you have to sacrifice for yourself to please your spouse and vice versa. It's very different and I see now that we are past the honey-moon stage the reality of the commitment made. It is a very delicate and huge responsibility. Yes, there are perks but if you are into yourself and freedom more man I'd say stay single for as long as possible. Be your own best friends, follow your dreams and what you want to do in life, work, save up as much as possible, be free, enjoy life, when you are single you are your own boss of your own life it is all about you. When you're married it is verrryyyyy different. I am thankful for my husband but heck now that I look back I could have waited a whole lot longer and most likely should have. Just remember once you find that person and get married that's it there is no turning back without repercussions.

It's kind of weird reading all this support and advice now because I am in the phase of life where I am quite happy being single. But I am sure that one day I will feel that loneliness again and your words will help. So thank you to all that have replied. :) For now, I hope someone who is feeling lonely now can feel uplifted and learn to enjoy their "singlehood" 

1 person likes this

My dear and lovely admin Nicole. Even though everyone is arround me, I am lonely too. And not being able to talk to people about it, especially to people who aren't in the same situation as you, does make it harder.

We should just hold our hands with every lonely people who's waiting till marriage and get over this loneliness, even if we are scattered around the world.

Because.... it really makes me very sad sometimes and I can't help but cry a little...  :(

3 people like this

I also know how it feels to be lonely for my future husband; when the loneliness hits, it feels like something is missing, like there is some empty hole in my heart waiting to be filled. It is painful! 

YES!!! Could not have put it better myself.

1 person likes this

My secret to fighting loneliness is to make that loneliness your friend, as someone who has had no friends for the past 5 years, I have learned to accept loneliness and find the peace within it and embrace it with open arms.

My secret to fighting loneliness is to make that loneliness your friend, as someone who has had no friends for the past 5 years, I have learned to accept loneliness and find the peace within it and embrace it with open arms.

Aw, you can make plenty of friends here!  :)