Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sally

Quick Survey!!

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I'm doing a survey for one of my science education classes. If any of you are in college/university now; it would really help me out! Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Major:

Year:

On/off Campus:

Please Circle Your Answer

1.The greenhouse effect is caused when gases in the atmosphere behave as a blanket and trap radiation, which is then reradiated to the Earth. True/False

2. Lightning tends to strike the highest points in a given area, as a result, such locations are likely to be

struck repeatedly. True/False

3. Populations will increase indefinitely because the resources are unlimited. True/False

4. There is no link between fluctuations in population size and environmental issues like food supply. True/False

5. Frost forms when water vapor comes in contact with very cold surfaces. The water freezes directly instead of condensing to a liquid. True/False

6. Tree growth material (mass) comes from soil. True/False

7. Humid air is oppressive and heavy; humid air is more densethan dry air. True/False

8. Seasons are caused by the Earth’s distance from the Sun. True/False

9. During photosynthesis plants combine water and carbon dioxide to produce simple sugar and oxygen. True/False

10. Winds are produced by the uneven heating ofEarth's surface and the resulting rise and fall of differentially heated air masses. True/False

11. Global warming is a myth. True/False

12. A visible cloud is primarily tiny water droplets and/or tiny ice crystals; it is not water vapor. True/False

13. Plants get food from soil. True/False

14. Coral reefs exist throughout the Gulf and North Atlantic waters. True/False

15. Flooding is a phenomena that occurs when there is more water than the ground or rivers can accommodate. True/False

1. True.

2. False. (Although lightning always strikes at the highest point, it never strikes the same place twice!)

3. False. (Resources are finite!)

4. False. (There exist direct links!)

5. False. (Undergoing change of state strictly follows the chain: Solid-Liquid-Gas, either up or down, irrespective of the material)

6. I am not sure... Its primarily water & organic matter i guess... then the plants make their food by themselves with the help of sunlight! So I think... TRUE!

7. True. (Humid air is denser... that is one of the reasons a lot of people get sea sick while travelling by ship... in my case I feel terrible headaches throughout...!)

8. True. (I guess its caused due to the Earths revolution)

9. True. (Provided simple sugar = Glucose. LOL. OR else False!)

10. True. (Hot air rises up & cool air rushes in to take its place... as a result WIND!)

11. FALSE. (Who says bring the ****** to me!! :P:lol: )

12. True. (As water vapor is colorless & odorless, I think the statement is true)

13. False. (Refer to No. 6 please)

14. Well Jegs knows the extent of my geography skills :P (no comments Jegs! ;) ) I don't think so... FALSE.

15. True. (WEll... looks like it! :lol::P )

Although I have already finished my college last year (Accounting & Finance Major), still I wanted to give these questions a shot! I wanted to see how much I can actually remember from primary school! Wat do ya think Sally am I smarter than a fifth grader? ;):lol::P

Thanks so much Aditya!! Now I only need 8 more :D I'm just gonna say you're a senior, since you have the same knowledge the year after as you do senior year...

You got a 9/15! So 6 wrong--not bad!

P.S. daaaang!! you got 14/15! best so far-

What can I say? I'm naturally smart ;) ! Lol, just kidding. Which one did I get wrong?

Hey Sally!

Technically, I'm not going to university till next year (English literature and Pyschology), but thought you might want my answers anyway. Plus, it looks like fun!

1.The greenhouse effect is caused when gases in the atmosphere behave as a blanket and trap radiation, which is then reradiated to the Earth. True

2. Lightning tends to strike the highest points in a given area, as a result, such locations are likely to be struck repeatedly. True

3. Populations will increase indefinitely because the resources are unlimited. False

4. There is no link between fluctuations in population size and environmental issues like food supply. False

5. Frost forms when water vapor comes in contact with very cold surfaces. The water freezes directly instead of condensing to a liquid. True

6. Tree growth material (mass) comes from soil. False

7. Humid air is oppressive and heavy; humid air is more densethan dry air. True

8. Seasons are caused by the Earth’s distance from the Sun. False

9. During photosynthesis plants combine water and carbon dioxide to produce simple sugar and oxygen. True

10. Winds are produced by the uneven heating ofEarth's surface and the resulting rise and fall of differentially heated air masses. True

11. Global warming is a myth. False

12. A visible cloud is primarily tiny water droplets and/or tiny ice crystals; it is not water vapor. True

13. Plants get food from soil. False

14. Coral reefs exist throughout the Gulf and North Atlantic waters. True

15. Flooding is a phenomena that occurs when there is more water than the ground or rivers can accommodate. True

Well, geography and whatnot is not really my strong point...but whatever...

xxx

P.S. Aditya, your secret is same with me...for now... :lol: