Guest Rain

What are your views on make up?

37 posts in this topic

Wow haha. Yeah I wear concealer and I do some CRAZY eyeshadow almost daily, fill in my eyebrows and use mascara and rouge and all that... I know you cant really see it because I cant post a pic but I'm not kidding I've gotten probably 100 compliments over the years haha most of the time from girls sometimes guys...people are like "howd you learn to do that? Are you a makeup artist?" But then I'll also have the occasional "Why do you wear so much makeup?" from a guy. Ive only gotten like one compliment from a guy when I didn't have any makeup and he said something like, "I like your personality there's not a lot of people like you anymore that are down to earth and easygoing and innocent" or something like that. But anyway I feel like it gives me individuality and this last week I had a girl friend of mine on Facebook saying I looked good without makeup so why did I wear so much? I kind of started to rethink my whole makeup routine. But I never really had anything special about me in high school when I was all nerdified and I guess I feel like it's an expression of me as a person and I feel like its rude when people ask why I wear so much because I don't go around asking people why they dress a certain way or something, or have so many tattoos you know? Maybe because I feel like I use it as a comfort blanket for confidence so I feel like its really close to my heart.

But I DO see girls where I don't think the makeup adds to their beauty. Sometimes eyeliner just is not in the right interest of the person and it's like Whoah I think you need a professional...hahaha. But yeah I think some women look better with makeup some without...but as far as Gods natural beauty I think he also gives us tools to look pretty and smell pretty (straighteners...body spray/perfume...jewelry) and so I think it all depends on the person. I will leave with this one quote I actually heard at a girls bible study I used to attend, the lesson was on inner beauty.

"If the barn needs painting, paint it." haha

I agree with you, people shouldn't ask why one wears a certain amount of make up, it is so rude. I myself used to wear a lot of make up, all of what you said you wear now I used to wear too. I wear no or little make up now, but on special occasions and things I do doll myself up. I think a woman is beautiful naturally with or without make up :)

I think the only make up I've ever worn was camo face paints so that definately hid my natural beauty :P

I'm not fussed either way to be honest if a gf wants to wear make up then that's her choice I'm going to love her exactly as she is for who she is she will always be beautiful to me (as long as shes not ugly inside ie rude disrespectful etc... That isn't pretty and to be honest would really put me off of her)

That is a very lovely way to look at it, I really like your answer. :)

I had heard that the women on "The Talk" were going to go without makeup on their premiere, but didn't watch it. Granted, they are older, but the difference in the pictures I saw is pretty shocking! http://www.webpronews.com/the-talk-no-makeup-shocks-fans-for-some-reason-2012-09 I don't know anyone who looks so different without makeup, but I admire them for doing that. I only wear light makeup and don't even wear it all the time. I save mascara for special occasions! I remember hearing on Full House that the trick to wearing makeup is to make it appear as if you aren't wearing it at all :).

April - The less makeup the better. And to me eyes, imperfection can be beautiful. And I really don't like overwhelming perfume. To me, every girl is beautiful just the way they are. I think I've aleady said this on here many times -- I will notice more her personality, behavior, and respect she has for other people. Oh, and lest I forget, the ability to look me in the eyes while talking. That's real beauty.

2 people like this

It adds some flare that makes you look pretty, however, my last girlfriend almost never wore make up and she looked just as stunning without it. I think it can accentuate your looks, but it needs to be subtle.

It's a nice touch, really it is, but pounds of make up are gross. Period.

1 person likes this

its so funny to see you guys answer this question. who knew most of you didnt like make up!

do you guys also hate lip gloss?

I could honestly say that women should not wear make up because I feel like they`re hiding theier natural beauty in a way so with that being said... No make up!

1 person likes this

I had heard that the women on "The Talk" were going to go without makeup on their premiere, but didn't watch it. Granted, they are older, but the difference in the pictures I saw is pretty shocking! http://www.webpronew...-reason-2012-09 I don't know anyone who looks so different without makeup, but I admire them for doing that. I only wear light makeup and don't even wear it all the time. I save mascara for special occasions! I remember hearing on Full House that the trick to wearing makeup is to make it appear as if you aren't wearing it at all :).

I'm really sorry for the late reply, I don't know how I didn't see this earlier.

I can't believe so many of them look so different.

I agree with you, the way I wear my make up is also very natural, as if I'm not wearing any at all.

Thank you so much for your answer, again sorry, I literally just saw your post a few seconds ago.

1 person likes this

April - The less makeup the better. And to me eyes, imperfection can be beautiful. And I really don't like overwhelming perfume. To me, every girl is beautiful just the way they are. I think I've aleady said this on here many times -- I will notice more her personality, behavior, and respect she has for other people. Oh, and lest I forget, the ability to look me in the eyes while talking. That's real beauty.

Sorry for the late reply, I saw your answer a few seconds ago, I would've replied earlier, but I didn't see it until just now.

I like your answer a lot, I also dislike perfumes that are too strong, and I like less make up too. I love that you look for personality etc., that is an admirable thing to say. Thank you for your answer, and sorry for the late reply.

It adds some flare that makes you look pretty, however, my last girlfriend almost never wore make up and she looked just as stunning without it. I think it can accentuate your looks, but it needs to be subtle.

It's a nice touch, really it is, but pounds of make up are gross. Period.

Sorry for the late reply, didn't see your answer till just now.

Thank you for your answer, I definitely agree with you about most things.

Thanks and sorry again.

its so funny to see you guys answer this question. who knew most of you didnt like make up!

do you guys also hate lip gloss?

I know right, I was surprised too.

I could honestly say that women should not wear make up because I feel like they`re hiding theier natural beauty in a way so with that being said... No make up!

I think it's sweet that you love women's natural beauty, thanks for your answer.