Sophie

Do you think there are certain ways woman are supposed to/should act?

8 posts in this topic

I'm very aware that the majority of the people on this site are religious, and religion always seems to try and mold women into a certain fashion.

Modesty, virginity, stay-at-home mom, feminine, mild-tempered, selfless, etc.

I may be wrong?

Because of religion, or regardless of religion, do you have any expectations that your wife must meet? Like does she have to be a stay-at-home mom, only work part-time, make less money than you, must be feminine...? Things I haven't mentioned?

Well, I expect my wife to be a female....and I expect her to have sex with me :)

2 people like this

Well, I expect my wife to be a female....

LOL. Yes, I heard having a female wife is what most guys want. ;)

do you have any expectations that your wife must meet?

I'm a gentleman and I would expect her to be a classy girl.

3 people like this

I'm a gentleman and I would expect her to be a classy girl.

I agree :) well in reverse lol I'm a classy girl and I expect my future husband to be a gentleman

3 people like this

I'd want my wife to be very family orientated, not for religious reasons but because I am a family orientated person and I want me and my wife to both be able to put our family first.

I personally want my wife to be a stay at home mum because I don't want strangers raising our kids and in my opinion young children need their mummys, although I would be open to her doing voluntry work in the evenings or for a few hours over the weekend when the children are babies/very young, and i would be happy for her to work while the kids are at school

I would say I'd like my wife to be feminine but I doubt there are many women who can easily carry 25kg bags of horse food 4 miles home from the shop so no worries there lol

If we're talking absolutely perfect dream wife I would prefer a more traditional marriage not because I think women are incapeable but because I'm more traditional ie old fashioned manners, DIY, manual jobs around the house (taking the rubbish out, mowing the lawn, fixing things etc), I wouldn't let a gf/wife carry heavy things and I want to protect and provide for my family so I'm looking for someone who naturally compliments that by being a more traditional woman. That being said I also want a woman who is intelligent, capeable and smart thinking so we can work together and have a happy respectful and traditional marriage that makes us both happy so I would be willing to make compromises as our marriage is for BOTH of us so I must take her wants and needs into consideration

1 person likes this

They say a good wife should be a wizard in the kitchen, an angel in public, and a devil in the bedroom. I don't know about that...

I would want her to serve Christ so deeply that I must ask Him for her hand.

I want her to have saved herself for me.

I want her to be ambitious, but not so ambitious that she cannot find fulfillment in being a wife, mother and homemaker.

I want her to fix herself up and pay some attention to her appearance without being vain.

I want her to have experienced the world, and yet rejected it for what it is. I want her to be intellectual, and reasonably frugal.

Emotional stability is a draw -- we need each other. I won't mind if my wife winds up being emotionally needy in some ways.