KaiLi

Modesty

52 posts in this topic

My question for you guys (and girls if you want to add your thoughts) is about modesty and the way women dress. First some back story. One of my pet peeves with some of my girl friends is that when we go out some of them dress...well to say it bluntly, like sluts. But that in itself isn't what annoys me. The problem is that they dress like that and then when guys looks anywhere but their face they flip out and go on about how disgusting it is. Let me make it abundantly clear, I'm not saying guys have the right to look at girls in that way, just that, in my opinion, if you're going to dress in a way that is hard for anybody not to stare at, you really should not get mad when they do (it just seems unfair). One of my friends brought up the other day how guys always stare at her chest and I pretty much told her that there were ways to avoid that. She agreed but her argument is that she has to dress that way because there are so many other girls who do, so if she doesn't she won't even be seen.

So, my questions for you guys is as follows:

1) Do you appreciate girls who are modest (and I don't mean like wearing a potato sack modest. Just not overtly sleazy) ?

2)If you saw a girl who was dressed more modestly and one who was less-than-so which one would you be MOST attracted too (honestly)?

Modesty is SEXY!

This is a tough topic.  Women and men should be allowed to walk around without being objectified, BUT wearing clothes that show off stuff is not going to help.  We all need to take responsibility for how we present ourselves, which influence how we are seen.

I find it almost unattractive when a girl shows off too much.  At the gym, I notice a girl who's very attractive, but wears a sports bra during her workout.

Notice how I say BUT.  When a girl is beautiful, but doesn't try to flaunt it to everyone, it's much more attractive.  I like the kind of girl you want to take home to meet your mom.

Now, if we're to get into the idea of sexual attraction, I actually find dressing modestly VERY attractive.  It allows for a sort of mystery.

1 person likes this

I don't like it when everything is hanging out or underwear is showing and stuff like that, but showing a little skin can be attractive. Dresses that show off shoulders and some back, skirts (not miniskirts), clothes that are more form-fitting than baggy and a bunch of other stuff like that can be attractive to me and really isn't very risque. Girls dressed more modestly than what I described can also be really cute, too. I think I would only be put off by a girl if she was dressed really revealingly.

I find it almost unattractive when a girl shows off too much.  At the gym, I notice a girl who's very attractive, but wears a sports bra during her workout.

Notice how I say BUT.  When a girl is beautiful, but doesn't try to flaunt it to everyone, it's much more attractive.  I like the kind of girl you want to take home to meet your mom.

Now, if we're to get into the idea of sexual attraction, I actually find dressing modestly VERY attractive.  It allows for a sort of mystery.

I would say this is because attraction is both physical and mental and it would be wrong to deny either aspect. The girl at the gym is probably very physically attractive (at least to you) and her showing it off makes her physical attractiveness more abundantly clear, but the revealing nature of her attire (I'm going to laugh for a moment at how academic I made that statement sound) kills the mental aspect for you.

1 person likes this