Sophie

What's your dream wedding ring? Post a picture if you want!

72 posts in this topic

Why do they have to be Wedding rings? why cant they have like Wedding pocket watches? Imagine a Silver pocketwatch with your wedding date with both your names engraved in it, and/or a picture of your spouse, and even the time u got married !!!  so you could count the seconds you have been together...theres so much more room for creativity....you could even have wedding lockets!!

i really like those moon rings though, they look pretty unique

http://www.engagementadvisor.com/wvg/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/locket.jpg

What about... a little wedding music box?

1 person likes this

There's some really beautiful rings here especially the onion rings but ehrmm...THIS

Oh my gosh. I must be a freak :P I actually despise jewelry, not on other people, just on me, just hate it. Im not afraid of commitment, I do want to show the world my marital status, I just dont like jewelry.

I dont know how Ill handle that! Ill have to mention that to my future husband. At least Ill save his wallet. Maybe a piece of string? LOL. A tattoo? Eh. I wonder what they did in the really olden days when they didnt have so much access to what we have today for wedding rings and such.

I am the same way. I just don't wear jewelry at all because I don't like how it feels chafing against my skin, but at the same time, nothing says I'm married like a wedding ring. I like the idea of being able to deter other men just by flashing them my ring. I have no sense of style, especially when it comes to jewelry so I don't know what looks good, I'll just accept whatever my hubby gives me.

Oh about Chocolate diamonds, those diamonds are actually dirty diamonds with many imperfections, they used to get thrown out as trash!

1 person likes this

hello-kitty-engagement-ring.jpg

I would love something like this. But if he thinks it's too ugly or child-ish then this would also do:

black-diamond-engagement-ring.jpg

3 people like this

What about the old tradition of a promise ring? It can be simple, more affordable and can save the fancy stuff for the wedding if so desired.

I like traditional rings and nontraditional rings. 

I would prefer the ring-buyer to not have a loan out on the ring, even if that means saving the money or not buying an expensive ring.

Some of the ladies might cringe but here are some of the rings I think would look beautiful on my future Wife's finger:

ncbl0320w.jpg

blue-diamond-wedding-ring-sets-p3.jpg

432d4ec3946c13f844605932eb317473.jpg

4 people like this

My dream wedding ring would be invisible because I have a jewelry phobia. I hope my future husband and I can find a way around it though.

My mother has lost series of gems and rings, thought washing hands or tossing away gloves while, working at the hospital. My career is also in healthcare. I can’t even being to image wearing a gem ring to work.  I would be afraid to lose it accidently while taking care of a patient. And let’s not even talk about ‘blood’ diamonds … :(

I would like something like…

Two bands, woven together (maybe copper and white/sliver).  It would be a symbol, of two becoming one.  ^_^

No pressure intended! lol. But I do feel really sorry for guys who are proposing to their girlfriends: they have to find the perfect wedding ring, the perfect place to propose, the perfect words to say during the proposal...yikes.

No, miss, that's going to be part of the fun of it. I'm going to enjoy every moment of purchasing, planning and proposing when it happens. I'm not going to go to impossible lengths like hiring the Eiffel Tower or something, but it will be special and memorable.

1 person likes this

I just got really excited about this. CLADDAGH RING CLADDAGH RING CLADDAGH RING forever. Like these!

opal-gemstone-heart-claddagh-ring_xny-rd5001R.jpg

I actually own a claddagh ring that I adore, so if he couldn't afford anything, I would just switch the ring over to the married side <3

(This is my ring!!)

JS035.jpg

1 person likes this

I hate surprises.  Now having said that, the one surprise (other than Christmas) that I don't want to know anything about ahead of time is when and how he proposes and the ring.  If a man is going to ask me to be his wife, he should know me better than anyone.  It won't matter if it's a piece of string or a gorgeous ring, I'm marrying him for him, not for the amount of money that he will spend on a ring.  After all, it's his ring that I'll be wearing for the rest of my life to show the world that I'm taken.  

1 person likes this

When I promise to marry him...I will wear whatever token he has chosen to represent that promise.

I have no doubt that much thought and time will be put forth and it will be layered in love, deep meaning and Christ will be represented. 

1 person likes this

Yeah, I don't think I want an engagement ring. I've watched this http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/02/18/why-engagement-rings-are-a-scam-here-are-the-facts/ (and yes, I realize it's a humor website,) however, its not inaccurate. If I get a ring it will be non-traditional, probably vintage, and not more than a hundred dollars or so...

Oh my gosh. I must be a freak :P I actually despise jewelry, not on other people, just on me, just hate it. Im not afraid of commitment, I do want to show the world my marital status, I just dont like jewelry.

I dont know how Ill handle that! Ill have to mention that to my future husband. At least Ill save his wallet. Maybe a piece of string? LOL. A tattoo? Eh. I wonder what they did in the really olden days when they didnt have so much access to what we have today for wedding rings and such.

I am the exact same way. Lol. I don't want an engagement ring or a wedding ring and I really don't know what to do. You are right though it will save them a lot of money.

A ring is a ring (I'd be grateful for the intention and gift, never mind the specifics). As long as it isn't this one LOTRring.jpg

might get me in trouble...

But saying that, I'm very traditional, so plain and simple is my thing. Engagement ring- solitaire ring, wedding ring- simple band, done.

2 people like this