Sophie

What's your dream wedding ring? Post a picture if you want!

72 posts in this topic

I would want the diamond to be flower-shaped! I am not nearly elegant or poised enough to pull off a conventional wedding ring (http://www.novori.co...gement_ring.jpg) or one as old-fashioned and elaborate as Princess Diana's (http://img.thesun.co...0_1165905a.jpg.)

I'd much rather prefer something like this:

flower-engagement-ring-lucky-heart.png

or this:

flowers-diamonds-engagement-rings.jpg

or even this:

flowerpetalsdiamondengagementring.jpg

Although I don't like the band.

The first one of my favourite, and you may not think it looks like a normal wedding ring but I am hardly the one to follow conventional boundaries. The ring needs to have some floral to it!

1 person likes this

I can already see how this is going to put a lot of pressure on us guys. Lol.

7 people like this

lol isn't that the truth

I'm a fan of a simple band with maybe an engraving! - basically the one ring!

2 people like this

No pressure intended! lol. But I do feel really sorry for guys who are proposing to their girlfriends: they have to find the perfect wedding ring, the perfect place to propose, the perfect words to say during the proposal...yikes.

Ooh, I love this question!

Well, I'm pretty traditional, so I just want a plain gold ring for my actual wedding ring
post-319-0-38804900-1358957663_thumb.jpg

For my engagement ring, I don't know, something pretty...
post-319-0-15306300-1358957682_thumb.jpg

I think I prefer engagement rings with just the one main diamond, rather than the ones with three diamonds, or the cluster ones...

xxx

Plain gold band. I want it to reflect my marriage: beautiful and simple.

1 person likes this

I'm simple and I have the career I want in mind. I will have having to put on gloves over my ring if I get to even wear it on the job and so I'm thinking of a solitaire diamond ring because they're really classic. Nothing over two carats please. :/

46-solitaire-rings.jpg

And then a simple band for the wedding ring and I'm also really into engraved rings- something unique and one of a kind.

2 people like this

what he gives me will be fine--I am not a big fancy jewelry person

Likewise, I'm saying "I do" to the man not the ring. <3

1 person likes this

lol isn't that the truth

I'm a fan of a simple band with maybe an engraving! - basically the one ring!

This saddens me because making this kind of decision to spend forever with another person should be nothing but exciting and happy.

There are girls out there that have really strict [and often ridiculous] expectations of what they want. One very good example of this is my former classmate Erika. [rolls eyes at her mentioning] told a group of other people how she felt, "Some girls will take anything a guy gives her" and that she needs it to almost be a financial struggle on him to afford the stupid thing.

I'd like to say that girls like these, who look at the ring instead of the man down on one knee's question are worthless and aren't going to be long term spouses.

They don't deserve a ring in my opinion- that is all.

6 people like this

This saddens me because making this kind of decision to spend forever with another person should be nothing but exciting and happy.

There are girls out there that have really strict [and often ridiculous] expectations of what they want. One very good example of this is my former classmate Erika. [rolls eyes at her mentioning] told a group of other people how she felt, "Some girls will take anything a guy gives her" and that she needs it to almost be a financial struggle on him to afford the stupid thing.

I'd like to say that girls like these, who look at the ring instead of the man down on one knee's question are worthless and aren't going to be long term spouses.

They don't deserve a ring in my opinion- that is all.

I wish all girls thought like you and all who do deserve a memorable proposal :)

I know a lot of girls are content and not expecting anything fancy, but I want to give my future wife something special, like a custom ring because she deserves it. It may be a simple or extravagant ring, as long as it's specific to something about her. To be honest, this is something that a lot of guys think long and hard over. Just as most girls dream of the perfect wedding, guys often think about the perfect way to propose. Whatever I happen to come up with, I hope even in old age that my future wife will cry tears of joy when she tells our grandchildren how it went down.

I didn't know there is a wedding ring AND an engagement ring! 0.0 I don't need two rings. Lol. How weird...

I don't understand why the engagement ring is better/more expensive than the wedding ring.

2 people like this

I wish all girls thought like you and all who do deserve a memorable proposal :)

I know a lot of girls are content and not expecting anything fancy, but I want to give my future wife something special, like a custom ring because she deserves it. It may be a simple or extravagant ring, as long as it's specific to something about her. To be honest, this is something that a lot of guys think long and hard over. Just as most girls dream of the perfect wedding, guys often think about the perfect way to propose. Whatever I happen to come up with, I hope even in old age that my future wife will cry tears of joy when she tells our grandchildren how it went down.

That is what I could only hope for. :3

You girls should expect every one of these wishes to be granted. You guys deserve it!

2 people like this

As lovely as they can be, the ring doesn't matter to me-- I just can't get worked up about it. It could be a twist of wire and I'd still be ecstatic... kind of like Mercedes and her piece of string in the film adaptation of the Count of Monte Cristo. ;)

I like the ring pics. Although, I think I'm probably with Chris on the ring choice. I do like something simple.

I dont know what engagement ring I would like, all I know is that I want to pick it out with my future finace. Like I think it will be a lovely memory going in together to pick out the engagement ring and matching wedding rings! It doesnt need to cost an arm and a leg, just the fact that it is his ring to me will make it the most precious thing in the world.

Oh god I sound like Gollum.....my precious!!

One Ring to bind them Chris ;)

4 people like this

The rings you posted Sophie are engagement rings. Wedding rings are more simple gold bands without diamonds or else with diamonds just simply in a row around the ring. There are no standing out stones and designs on traditional wedding bands.

1 person likes this

I like engagement rings that are pretty simple but have like a twist in them, like this!

Engagement-Rings-20120202-31.jpg

then for the actual wedding ring just a plain silver band that kinda goes right next to the other ring is fine with me :)

Something that like would be my preference if I was picking, BUT I also have told my boyfriend I want him to be the one to pick a ring out, not me. If it comes from him, I will love it! The thought/effort that goes into it (the ring and the proposal) is much more important than the actual ring.. I am marrying the man, not the ring!

The rings you posted Sophie are engagement rings. Wedding rings are more simple gold bands without diamonds or else with diamonds just simply in a row around the ring. There are no standing out stones and designs on traditional wedding bands.

REALLY? But all the married women I know have rings with diamonds.

1 person likes this