KaiLi

21 and waiting

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! My name is Katie, I'm 21 and waiting till marriage. I made the decision to wait while I was a teen more for religious reasons, but as I got older and in college I needed more than just because “my religion teaches it†to keep me strong in the decision. So now, even though religion plays a role in it, there are a lot of personal reasons as well. One of the biggest reasons I want to wait is because I don't want a lot baggage from previous relationships when I enter new ones (not to say that not sleeping with someone equals no baggage, just less in my opinion). I know a lot of girls who sleep around too much, too young and now, for lack of better words, hate guys...and pretty much think that there aren't any goods ones left. I've found that the girls I know who wait are generally more respected by guys and have a better view of the whole relationship thing.

Anyways, I'm glad I found this group and to see so many others out there waiting and staying strong. Thanks for putting this website together (whoever did)!

Welcome, Katie! I'm so glad you decided to join the forums and hang out. Looking forward to getting to know you. :D

Hi Katie,

Welcome to the forums! I am 25 and just finished my Bachelor of Science!

Welcome Katie! You will find that there are more of us than you ever would have expected. Feel free to drop in chat from time to time.

Welcome, Katie! I absolutely loved your introduction and agree 110%. Thanks for joining :-)

Welcome Katie :) I'm glad you found a place you feel comfortable and enjoy. Mike started this site and has done a great job! I actually visited this site a lot for like two months before I joined. I love it here! I know you will find great encouragement and support here, and also reassurance :) If there's anything we can help you with, don't be hesitant to ask!

Hello Katie!

Welcome to the Waiting Till Marriage Community! I think you will find many people here that share your views and fully agree with your ideals. :D

Thanks for the welcome everyone. You all seem pretty cool and I can't wait to get to know everyone. Oh, and just a random question, how long has this site been around for?

Thanks for the welcome everyone. You all seem pretty cool and I can't wait to get to know everyone. Oh, and just a random question, how long has this site been around for?

i think it has been around for almost two years--really grown a lot this year

Hey Kaili! Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums! Can't wait to learn more about you!

1 person likes this

Welcome Katie. I say welcome, but I'm new myself.

I too find it ironic that women will give in to the pressure of men and then complain that there aren't any good men left.

I don't excuse the behavior of men, but it's historically been women that have historically made us better and made us behave and kept us restrained and in line. Giving in to men is what sometimes gives them license to behave the way they do.

2 people like this