Jeffinity

Clever title

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys this is my first real post on this site other than the introduction. I would just like to ask the ladies that share our commitment a question. I am 31, as I said in my intro and i'm wondering if you all would suggest that I drop the requirement that the women i'm interested in should be in the same condition that I am in. You know -.-.

I'm very youthful for my age though. I have seen many who are around 24 years of age look a lot worse for wear than I am but I wonder sometimes if I have waited too long. It wouldn't be easy to not insist the girl isn't a virgin too though. I have fought really hard to hold onto this and let a few opportunities pass me by. I guess my question is if you would suggest that I have to change my goals seeing as the years are catching up to me.

I see most of the young ladies who are here are say about 17-20. Would someone who waited like I have be able to catch the attention of someone say.. 10 years younger? I would like your opinions, I think 10 years is the lowest age gap I could handle without feeling like a Pedo-bear.

Thanks for reading

I personally think 10 years is too far apart based on couples in my extended family who are 7-10 years apart and don't grt along well. One of them got divorced-it may have been more personality than age, but my Nana seems much happier and free. In an ideal world, everyone who decided to WTM would find someone else who is also waiting but I dont know if that will actually happen. I think you could miss out.on some great girls who would wait while with you, even though they have slept with a bf in a previous serious relationship.

2 people like this

I agree with Sally. 10 years seems to be little too big of an age gap. It's fine if you require a girl who is a virgin, but keep in mind that your chances of finding one get slimmer the older you get. Virginity would be a great bonus, but it shouldn't define a person's worth. I think if you found a woman who is devoted to loving you, committing to you and making you happy is more important than whether she is a virgin or not.

5 people like this

Yeah big age gaps are tough...like Sally my grandparents who are 14 yrs apart are now divorced and she's much happier. I've actually dated a girl before w a big gap (she was 8 yrs older...I know what the hell was I thinking right!? Live and learn lol) and it was too much...I mean maybe at 68 and 60 it's not a big gap but big gaps in your 20s and 30s just puts too much of a disparity in life experiences and youre at different points in your lives, etc. In my opinion of course.

2 people like this

I will consider those opinions but i'm not ready to give that dream up yet. I have had some interesting LDRs with some that were a little younger and it worked out fine. Though if all else fails I always have my secret weapon gwahhaha

1 person likes this

Have we mentioned the "Half your age + 7 = not creepy" formula yet? I think it's a good rule of thumb. Not so much for the creepy/pedobear factor, but more for the "shared priorities/ability to have a conversation" factor.

MaxJeff, I wouldn't totally give up hope. Keep in mind that I'm 29, so I'm almost right there with you.There are thirtysomething lady waiters on this site already. In general though, I don't think too much about marrying another waiter. I'm more concerned with marrying somebody really, really awesome. Of course, as this site grows, the possibility of marrying another waiter grows with it, which I'm very much encouraged by.

Remember: If you exist, then girls like you probably exist too.

2 people like this

I appreciate all the posts but I was really disappointed by not being told to stick to my guns. Mike yours advice seems really practical and I like that rule. That would be say... 21? Yeah I like that formula. The secret weapon I was talking about is that I was told by a really good friend who was in the Army that women in Asia tend to wait A LOT longer than their north american sisters. So aside from some cultural differences I think that may be a good option for any of us chaste oldies.

Age gaps can be a difficult thing to deal with sometimes. My parents have an 8 year age gap, and although they do have some serious issues sometimes, it has nothing to do with their age gap. I believe that's because they met when they were older so the age gap wasn't so much as a big deal. Although they were eight years apart (Mom 28 and dad 36) they were still about at the same place in life. As a 22 year old I would date someone who was 10 years older. I think that 10 years is my max though.

In answer to your question of should you drop your requirement...I'd have to say that's really up to you. If you did drop it though, you might find someone really great who may be divorced because of very special reasons, someone widowed, or someone who did have a sexual history but made the decision to wait a little later in life. I would've told you to stick to your guns about it but I'm just such a believer in soul mates that there could be a really great girl among the group previously listed.

my parents have a 12-year age gap and I see that it works fine. honestly I have always been attracted to 30+ year old men and trust me, I'm not the only 19-year-old girl who thinks like this. I say lower your dating bracket and see what happens.

1 person likes this

Age is only a number. I have known a good number of couples with 10 year and 13 year age gaps who had long loving marriages that lasted 50 years. If you meet a great person who is older/younger and they make you happy I dont see why age should come between you being together.

I don't think their anything wrong with requiring your partner to be a virgin as long as your waitg for her as well. Ans thogh I don't think you sould date someone any age your not comftable, I disagree with pepole of their being a "max"as a general ruel I no lots of couple with 12 year difrence that still have wonderful marrages evem thogh have grand and great grend kids now. But alos is i ssid difrents pepole comfort zones are difrent.

my parents have a 12-year age gap and I see that it works fine. honestly I have always been attracted to 30+ year old men and trust me, I'm not the only 19-year-old girl who thinks like this. I say lower your dating bracket and see what happens.

haha wanderlust this made me laugh so straight to the point, but i do agree with you, i know a lot of girls who are interested in men older :) and i know of relationships where they have had massive age gaps and they have been married for 50+ years :)

I had been broken up with my girlfriend for a few months. In between I went on a few dates. I had a really nice date with a 19 year old. I didn't know her age till after dinner. I am 31. It was a really enjoyable date. I used to have a rule only to date older women but she made me rethink my rules.

1 person likes this