That_Girl

New to this. I never knew. O_O

15 posts in this topic

I never knew there were so many people like me.

I'm 17 years old yet I've already made the decision that I wanted to wait till marriage years ago. I'm not exactly religious and when explaining why I want to wait till marriage, my friends say it's pointless because it's a "Christian belief". I don't believe that at all, it's simply my choice. I want to wait till marriage simply because it's more of a high moral value thing and to be honest I never really seen what was the big deal of having sex so young.

I live in a town where girls my age lost their virginity when they were about 13-14 and now regret it. I had known that I would wait till marriage when I was about their age. Just had no idea how many people shared the same beliefs as me, or at least similar.

Oh and I'm Stephanie by the way. *Waves* :)

1 person likes this

Welcome, Stephanie! No you're not alone and there are more of us than you think. We just don't flaunt our decision the way other do :)

Man, that is so sad people are losing their virginity so young. I'm not surprised they regretted it. But don't let the haters get you down. It's awesome that you decided to wait and we're all here to support you in any way possible. All you gotta do is ask.

Glad to have you here.

1 person likes this

That_Girl welcome! (We have a member who used to be known as That Guy, lol, but then he changed his name, otherwise u 2 wud have been the yin and yang of each other's names at least)

Welcome to this amazing site of fellow waiters and people who are here to support each other on our goal to wait until marriage. Many are here for religious reasons. Many for personal. Many for both. Hope u enjoy ur time here.

Welcome!! I can definitely identify with you on feeling like you're the only one waiting or the only one with these specific morals and values. This site has been such an amazing blessing!! You'll love it here!

Welcome, Stephanie! I think was around 17 when I made the decision to wait too. Pivotal age, that one. Anyhow, glad you decided to join!

<Sings>Who's That_Girl?</Sings> (Sorry!)

Welcome!

1 person likes this

Welcome Stephanie!! I think a lot of people think its only a "Christian belief" but even though I am Christian my reasons for waiting are religious anf personal. Even if someone isn't religious, I can see plenty of marital benefits of waiting. Like a higher rate of a successful marriage, better sex life, less likely to cheat, etc etc.

1 person likes this

Hi Stephanie,

It's very disheartening to hear about ppl losing their virginity at 13-14!

To make themselves feel better, many people like to put virgins and waiters in a "box". That "box" usually includes "super religious" people. Anyway, very happy to have you. Welcome!

1 person likes this

I'm not waiting for religious reasons either, so you're not the only one! Welcome. :)

Hey, welcome to the community :) I have many reasons for waiting and it's a decision that's very close to my heart. I actually don't call myself religious, although I am a Christian. Christian actually means Christ-like, and means Christ-follower. Ultimately, I chose Jesus, and not religion. Also, I have also heard of many teens, as young as 12!, give themselves away. Just sad :unsure:

Anyways, welcome again to this awesome website! I just joined Thursday and am still so excited!

Hi! I'm so happy you decided to wait! And I'm also happy that you are here! Welcome!

Welcome to the crew! Not that many start having sex at 13-14 so don't depress yourself over that figure too much. There are a lot of others like you and a lot of them are right here.

1 person likes this