Jegsy Scarr

Fictional Crush?

75 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

So this is obviously inspired by markb4's thread about celebrity crushes.

I figure loads of girls tend to like Edward Cullen from Twilight. Not me!

No, mine would be *drum roll*:

The Phantom of the Opera (Erik)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Edward Scissorhands (sort of, might just be because it's Johnny Depp)
"L" from the Manga series Death Note
If I have to choose someone from Twilight, I'll go with Jacob over Edward any day
Remus Lupin in Harry Potter
You probably won't know this one, but Phuti Radiphuti from the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series

EDIT: to include Mr Rochester, since I've since read Jane Eyre

And I swear I don't have a fetish for guys who have facial disfigurements! I think I've got a thing for guys that are social outcasts and therefore very lonely and in need of love. Like, every time I watch The Phantom of the Opera (any of the movies or the musical) or read the book, and there's the bit where Christine rejects him, and he's crying, I'm just like, "No, Erik! I love you! I'll marry you!" Sad, I know. Maybe because most people would consider me a bit weird, so therefore I like kind of quirky guys myself.

xxx

3 people like this

Yay this is much easier than coming up with a celebrity crush!

1. Charlotte Charles! (Pushing Daisies)

2. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil Apocalypse)

Jegsey: you should find yourself a lanky video gamer with acne all over one side of his face and a heart of gold. :lol:

Flowerbee: I thought I was the only one who liked The Lake House! Rock on!

2 people like this

Hey!

FlowerBee:

Professor Snape and Draco Malfoy are okay too. Tortured souls...

Mike:

Yeah, lanky video-gamer with acne over one side of his face (only one side? You've not read the original novel. He looks like a walking corpse in that one) with a heart of gold sounds nice!

xxx

only one side?

Yeah I was basing that off my commoner's perspective of the phantom of the opera. Doesn't he wear a mask on just one side of his face? :P

Daphne from any one of the eleven Scooby-Doo animated cartoon series ;) . I'd marry her any day.

2 people like this

Hey!

Mike:

Doesn't he wear a mask on just one side of his face?

Let me explain *clears throat*

In the novel, written in 1910, the phantom is described by one character, and I quote:

"He is extraordinarily thin and his dress-coat hangs on a skeleton frame. His eyes are so deep that you can hardly see the fixed pupils. You just see two big black holes, as in a dead man's skull. His skin, which is stretched across his bones like a drumhead, is not white, but a nasty yellow. His nose is so little worth talking about that you can't see it side-face; and the absence of that nose is a horrible thing to look at. All the hair he has is three or four long dark locks on his forehead and behind his ears."

Hot stuff, eh?

However, when Andrew Lloyd-Webber was designing the musical, he realised he couldn't just cut the actor's nose off, so would have to redisign how the phantom looked. While he was at it, he decided that he would also disfigure just one side of his face, so as to allow for greater expression, very important in theatre. However, he didn't decide this until later on in production. That's why, if you look at the poster for POTO, it's still a full face mask. (Honestly, look it up!)

Soooo...that's why. Probably could have explained it quicker than that, but thought I might as well be thorough. Also means I just got you to read a bit of the original novel!

markb4:

Hey, I forgot all about Scooby Doo! I used to love Shaggy out of that. Think I grew tired of him after a while, though: all he did was eat! I preferred Velma to Daphne, because she had glasses, like I did. And she liked books, like I did. She sort of had hair like me too, actually, a little bit.

xxx

Fun!

Okay, mine would be (in no particular order)...

Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series - Always. I always stood by him and knew he was on the good side, and I think I've loved him since book 3 came out! *sigh* Most tragic love story ever, him and Lily.

Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice...and especially Mr. Darcy as played by Colin Firth in the TV miniseries, hahaha! :D I do love my brooding, dark, secretly-hopelessly-romantic men.

Col. Brandon from Sense and Sensibility - Probably mostly because in the film he's played by Alan Rickman, but also because he's so patient and kind!

Wolverine - The film version and the yellow spandex version, I don't know why...! :P He's brave, fights for what's right, has awesome hair. Why not?

Bracken the Unicorn/Man from the Fablehaven series - Adorable. What lady's inner little girl wouldn't fall in love with a brave, smart, funny, kind, handsome, silvery-haired man who is actually a unicorn?! And a waiter attracted to other waiters, because of course unicorns are pure. I know it sounds weird if you haven't read those books, but... well, you should read them, they're fun!

Jareth from Labyrinth - He used to terrify me when I was younger. But wow. That hair, that voice, his desperate love for Sarah. So romantic. Plus he has a really awesome castle. I'm just sayin', that Escher room would be so much fun to play in.

Aragorn from Lord of the Rings - Need I say more?

So that's all I can think of for now. Dark & brooding & over-the-top, apparently that's my type.

I also had a crush on Remus Lupin, incidentally. And if I had to pick from Twilight I would totally say Jacob. So apparently I just like werewolves. :D

Okay, I'll share mine too, but they aren't in any order----just as they come off the top of my head =P

Jacob from Twilight---I liked him when I started reading the books BEFORE Taylor Lautner was chosen as the actor. I liked his personality; his friendship with Bella before being more than friends, etc.

Aragorn from Lord of the Rings --I agree you, AliceinRavenclaw, there's nothing more to say ;)

Clark Kent from Smallville--not only is Tom Welling gorgeous, but I love how he is always trying to do the right thing, has respect for women, is very ethical/moral. He has that hardworking upbringing that I admire as well.

Lucas Scott from One Tree Hill--He is always there for his friends, no matter what. He would do anything for his Mom & Keith as well. He just has a wholesome-ness about him (except for crazy sexual escapades with gfs =P)

Jake Gyllenhaal in The Day After Tomorrow--Flowerbee, I'm stealin this one =P Sam is sooo cute, he's such as good friend to Emmy Rossum, but is too afraid to make a move. He is kinda dorky, but in a cute way too ;)

Awwright, I'm going to second Clark Kent from Smallville, most def.

And I thought of two more crazy people for me to add to my list:

Greg House, M.D. - I just love his sense of humor. And I think he's secretly very romantic, too. (And he's sexy, ok? :P)

Chandler Bing from FRIENDS! - So funny, so adorable, so underappreciated!

:wub: Artemis fowl from the Artemis fowl series. :lol: does any one else no the series? awesome sexy Irish teenage genius criminal mastermind beats a blood sucking corps any day (Edward Cullen) :P

I <3 Artemis Fowl soooo much

Any girl share my infatuation?

AliceinRavenclaw---I LOVE FRIENDS!!! Chandler is definitly underappreciated! =) I know a guy at school that reminds me of Chandler--it's so weird but funny at the same time.

For me it would be gisele from the (Disney?) film enchanted because she belives so strongly in love and happily ever after and she is so cheerful kind happy and just seems like a really lovely person to be around. Although saying that its the personality I have a crush on not the person.

Andrea - I have read the Artemis fowl books when I was younger and they were great, although now I tend to read more classics rather than modern fiction as I prefer the language and writing style and the stories seem to appeal more to me.

Just out of curiosity why do people like colin firth?

-Aaron

Lol, I don't get the Colin Firth thing, either...

As for me... Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities. :D

Hey all,

I'm reviving this thread (over a year after its last entry) because I think it'd be interesting to know what fictional crushes our newer members have. So, feel free to answer!

Let me just add a new fictional crush that I've recently gained: Martha Shaw from "The Notebook". I really didn't care about Allie or Noah, but I felt soooo bad for Martha Shaw and worried what the heck happened to her after Noah went back with Allie. I'd marry Martha in a second!

I think my first ever fictional crush was Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV from way back when I used to play it with my cousins, considering he was friendzoned by his crush in favor who ended up marrying best friend I'd take him on a pity date any day if I already didn't have an actual boyfriend myself. Also, I really went through a Hyoga from Saint Seiya phase. 

1 person likes this

Twilight is the only book that I've read truely popular (not including what school makes us read) and in it Jacob is so much harsher. The movie really softens him he's much more firery. Anyways from the start I loved Edward before I even saw the movies (Rob Pattinson plays amazingly the role!) I was teamEdward from the books not movies but that merged anways. So edward is my fictional crush for sure. I love mostly everything about him (some of his views of himself and death especially I don't like) so yep!!! BUT the most sexy character to me is DEFINATELY Jacob out of Edward and him. 😠(also edi gathegi/Laurent is pretty sexy) but yeh Taylor Lautner was my crush from sharkboy and lava girl then I paired him with Jacob and was like 💗ðŸ˜ðŸ’‹..sorry for rambling haha I Loooove twilight

1 person likes this

Edward from Edward Scissor Hands, Thor and Captain America from The Avengers :) Also have a little crush on Anubis from The Kane Chronicles but obviously when he looks like a human lol.

Tommy Oliver from Power Rangers.

Patrick Jane from The Mentalist.

Riddick from Pitch Black/Chronicles of Riddick.

Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z.

Adam from Saw.

1 person likes this

Well here it goes

Dexter from well Dexter(I don't know why, I just attracted to him)

Superman/Clark Kent, especially in Man of Steel

Alex from Grey's Anatomy

Barney from HIMYM(minus the whole womanizer, sex crazed part)

Harry Potter

Peeta Mellark

Captain America/Steve Rogers

Tony Stark

Mike Wazoski(especially in Monster's University)

Jesse from Pitch Perfect

Andrew Paxton in the Proposal

1 person likes this

Superman/Clark Kent, especially in Man of Steel

Yes!!! :) lol

1 person likes this

Girls, how could you forget Westley? The Dread Pirate Roberts? From "The Princess Bride"? How could you??? Actually, while we're on the topic, Inigo Montoya is pretty crush-worthy in that movie too.

I also love the Beast; growing up, watching "Beauty & the Beast," I always wanted to be Belle. And after reading Robin McKinley's novel "Beauty: A Retelling of the Tale of Beauty & the Beast," I fell in love with the Beast in a whole new way.

And then, of course, there is Char from "Ella Enchanted." The book only. Don't talk to me about the movie. I'd rather pretend it doesn't exist.

Ron Weasley from "Harry Potter." Sometimes. He definitely has his moments!

I am also quite fond of Landon Carter in "A Walk to Remember."

Who else? Hmm, let me brainstorm...

Albert Brennaman in "Hitch"

Forrest Gump

Mr. Darcy in "Pride & Prejudice"

Joe Fox in "You've Got Mail"

Aragorn

Luke in "Gilmore Girls"

Ned in "Pushing Daisies"

Will Turner in "Pirates of the Caribbean"

I know for a fact that there are more out there, but it is very late, or rather, very early, so I cannot remember each of my favorites right now. I may have to add more later!

I like this thread cause it shows the imaginary portrayals of our interests and desires within pop cultures characters of them. Very curious, Watson...very curious ...lol. So for me lets see

Hermione Granger (Harry Potter books/movies)
Elizabeth Bennett (book/ 2005 film)
Elizabeth Swann (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff (The Avengers)
Pepper Potts (Iron Man)
Mulan
Kate Beckett (Castle)
Susan (Chronicles of Narnia)
Katniss Everdeen(Hunger Games-movie or book)
Tamina (Prince of Persia- movie)
Most of the Bond Girls in particular
Carey Lowell (License to Kill)
Audrey Hepburn (Charade/Sabrina)

So I guess it's apparent I like the strong-smart-independent female who is a lady (who usually can kick butt too ;) )...yet still fall for the right guy....alas in real life the genuine-kind-loving-honest-nerdy girl gets my vote :D something like Samantha Baker (Sixteen Candles) or Jamie Sullivan (A walk to remember)

It was more for his personality. He was hard working and determined in Monster University. I don't know why, but I just thought his personality was great.