Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lysious1

LOVE, SEX, AND POETRY

10 posts in this topic

It was very good. Thanks for sharing Lysious! My favorite lines were the contrasts between femine/love & masculine/pleasure.

Very nice!

Yielding to it does not make the man, but overcoming it does

Love this!! Weak men give into temptation...even though our culture portrays the "real man" as the one who sleeps with the most women. But those who actually man up and try to be God's man are looked down upon...when the exact opposite should be the case

3 people like this

Very nice!

Love this!! Weak men give into temptation...even though our culture portrays the "real man" as the one who sleeps with the most women. But those who actually man up and try to be God's man are looked down upon...when the exact opposite should be the case

I agree! I think that on an individual basis, people look up to someone who tries to live their life a certain (with integrity/character/morals) way, but society In general doesn't. I hope that makes sense...

2 people like this

I agree! I think that on an individual basis, people look up to someone who tries to live their life a certain (with integrity/character/morals) way, but society In general doesn't. I hope that makes sense...

That's a really good point I've never thought about it like that! I completely agree and that's actually very true from my experience now that I think about it. It reminds me of a quote I heard awhile back...I have no clue where lol...(it was describing panics like when theres a fire in a huge group of people and everyone freaks out whereas if it was just one or two people they would think more clearly, in theory) The quote was that "The person is smart....but people are stupid." I've never forgotten that and in many instances it seems to be completely true. Like what you said....one person may have respect for your decision but a large group (aka society) doesn't. I guess part of it's just the whole going along with the crowd mentality many people have today.

2 people like this