Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goody

What do you think about introducing guys to your single friends?

5 posts in this topic

I have some female friends. I've heard a lot about people meeting their spouse or partners from mutual friends. How do you feel about introducing your male friends to your female friends? What kind of guys do you pick?

I'm wondering if I should ask my female friends to introduce me to their single friends... It seems a lot easier than online dating or meeting girls randomly.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but my closest friends have absolutely nothing in common so I don't think it would really work out. Two of my best girl friends are polar opposites, one has tattoos/piercings and is really into rock climbing and the other comes from a really conservative family and she is mainly interested in shopping, and one of my best guy friends is a religious hockey player that was also one of the drama kids in high school and another is a tennis addict that is also really into computers and video games. If they all got put in a room the only thing they could talk about is school, and even that would be a bit of a stretch since one is a chemistry major, one is a biology major, and the guys are both engineers (one electrical and one agricultural).

I set my best guy mate up with his current girlfriend, (ahh modern day cupid :wub: ) and if i had cool guy mates who i thought would get along with some of my single girl mates i would 100% introduce them. Me personally, i love having guy mates, and i guess i prefer to be friends with a guy before i consider going out with him, so i think friends of friends is an awesome way to meet likeminded people, not saying that meeting randoms is bad either, but they both work :)

If I thought that any of my single friends would get along then I would definitely introduce them. It really just depends on the friends. I have some friends that I probably would not introduce to each other, but others that I would.

Agreed, since I would want the same done for me. Right now I am hopelessly outnumbered with married friends and all my single friends are girls, I can't help them out. But I wouldn't hesitate if I thought they may hit it off.